Merri Mashers Specialty IPA Comp - June 14, 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob.P said:
Has anyone noticed the awesome prizes for this comp?
www .ipa-comp.com
Yes they are quite good, well done guys on sorting out some good sponsers.

Just getting my inline Randall going tonight to add some fresh hop aroma before I fill some bottles.

Tasted my black IPA out of the keg tonight, boom! Citra and Mosaic = awesome.

Sending it!

I'm playing Chief Steward on this one & I gotta say, I'm woeing having to stay sober, 'cos some of the categories have got me drooling at the possibilities...

snigger..

I am under no such constraints :lol:

I assume you wil be sending out a stewards email / PM?

Only 1 week left to get your entries registered people! You have to have it in compmaster by midday next Saturday (6th). And unless you're dropping off at the Terminus itself, you have to have it at your dropoff point by then too.

Only those dropping at the Terminus can put them in at midday on the 13th.

Just did my drop off at the Terminus. None of the staff seemed to know about the comp but said they'd put my beer in the fridge with a note.

Sorry Trev, they're a first time drop-off point....Dave Langlands and David Nolan @ Terminus (North Fitzroy, not the one in Richmond!!) know all about it, I'm guessing neither were on today. I've sent them a message to remind their team, I reckon they'll be a popular point from here right up until June 13.

Thanks for the entry and best of luck!

Trevandjo said:
Just did my drop off at the Terminus. None of the staff seemed to know about the comp but said they'd put my beer in the fridge with a note.
Hey mate. Scotty from Terminus here. I'll make sure all the guys and girls know what's going on and we'll set aside some space for all your entries.

Hey all, might be a stupid question but first comp and sending my entry interstate by post so just curios more than anything...

Will they be opening the post parcels at Home Make It and putting the bottles in a fridge until they are collected for the comp? Or will the parcels stay packed as is until collected?

I rang Home Make It, but the lady didn't know much about the handling side of things. She gave me some blokes number to call but it's not going through.

Cheers

Dan

Dan,

The collection points are just that. They're only meant to hold the entries until collected by someone on the organising committee.

If it's mishandling or light-strike you're worried about, don't. They'll probably be kept nice & safe in a quiet corner of the shop in their original packaging (better that way). If they can handle being shipped, they'll be fine.

If it's temperature you're worried about, don't. Believe me, it's plenty cold down here at this time of year.

Dan K said:
Hey all, might be a stupid question but first comp and sending my entry interstate by post so just curios more than anything...

Will they be opening the post parcels at Home Make It and putting the bottles in a fridge until they are collected for the comp? Or will the parcels stay packed as is until collected?

I rang Home Make It, but the lady didn't know much about the handling side of things. She gave me some blokes number to call but it's not going through.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan , Cade from HMI here. All entries are unpacked and put in a crate. upright in a nice dark spot. No room to refrigerate sorry. I put some away this week, a couple of beers in PET by any chance ?Cheers

We're not expecting any of our drop-off's to refrigerate, given we don't know if anyone's needing more time for their beer to carb. Upright in a nice dark spot is perfect. We'll fridge everything @ the Terminus the day before the judging starts.

cadeb said:
Hi Dan , Cade from HMI here. All entries are unpacked and put in a crate. upright in a nice dark spot. No room to refrigerate sorry. I put some away this week, a couple of beers in PET by any chance ?Cheers

Thanks for letting me know mate much appreciated... All good and am sending a 750ml PET via express post tomorrow so should easily be there by Friday.

Cheers

carniebrew said:
We're not expecting any of our drop-off's to refrigerate, given we don't know if anyone's needing more time for their beer to carb. Upright in a nice dark spot is perfect. We'll fridge everything @ the Terminus the day before the judging starts.

Back