Melbourne (vic) Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might try and make it along, been about 6 months since I've remembered to go to one

Nice, I'll be down hopefully with a friend, look for the lost looking guys :)

Nice, I'll be down hopefully with a friend, look for the lost looking guys :)

Bring a Melways if you have one, it's a bit hard to find the first time there. It's tucked away towards the back of a warehouse compound. They'll put the banner out so that should you find your way.

Oh I mean lost once I get inside :) I'm only a 10 min walk from the warehouse, hoping I can find it ok. Cheers :D

Half your luck Adzmax! :)

I'll be there with my new Tresurers hat on, so say "Hi" when you're buying raffle tickets ;)

Andy

So whats the agenda for this months meeting? I know there was talk of a Fridge Mate building night? Is that on? Are there other things planned also as I already have 2 Fridge Mates :)

February Meeting
-----------------

Date: Wednesday 27th Feb
Time: Starting 7.30 pm
Place: Pete's Warehouse,
Factory 11,
12 Edina Rd, Ferntree Gully

This Month, we'll be discussing:

• The next club brew (an Australian Pale Ale)
  • Style Guidelines
  • Yeast Culturing
  • Brewing Techniques

See you all there!
http://www.melbournebrewers.org/

Andy

I know I am digging up an old thread and apologise in advance for that.

Is there any one on here that is a member of the Westgate brewers. Does it still have regular meetings?
I would like to join a brewing club but cant drive to diamond creek etc.

West footscray is still 30 minute from me.
Is there one in Werribee?
How many brewers in the werribee, hoppers, tarneit, outer west would be interested in getting together monthly or quarterly to catch up and try each others beers, swap info, brew days etc.?

Reg,

id be interested to get something informal going out this way , from what i hear the westgate guys are a very formal type of club , could be wrong havent been along myself to see what its all about... but if you wanna try and get the ball rolling for something out your/my way id be interested ive seen a few guys on the forums as being listed in these areas so we may just get some interest ... was part of an informal gathering when i was in sydney , met a lot of great blokes and was able to learn a lot from them about brewing ...

might be an idea to start a new thread and see if it gathers interest then organise a meet up somewhere (ill do it later if ya like)

(aside from that you and i need to catchup for a beer and a chat anyway ..)

Cheers Barra.

Be good to catch up for a beer.

There is going to be a new brew your own shop called The Brew Barn opening in Hoppers Crossing in the next couple of weeks.
I spoke to the owner Daniel today.

It is next to Bunnings behind Red Rattler, they dont supply grain or other stuff and will only be catering to the brew your own market.
He did state however that he may be doing nights when he will have a guest speaker and was keen on the idea of getting some home brewers on board to attend some sessions.
Perhaps we could meet there once it opens and see what its like.
Do you reckon we should start another thread.
He also said he had been approached by someone who is in a club that has about 10 - 12 members, perhaps we need to source these people and see when and where they meet.

Also havent heard back from the westgate brewers yet.

What do you reckon Ned?

blowing the dust off this thread.

Decided to get my arse in gear and come to a melb brewers meeting. My question to the MB boys, is it worth coming to the Sept meeting given that your doing a club tasting. Or should I plan on October's meeting instead?

Latest posts

Back