Melbourne (vic) Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Def worth coming along. Club tasting will not take up the whole evening, there will still be other things on, brewers to chat with etc.

As Larry Emdur said: "Come on down..."

Cheers SJ

As Larry Emdur said: "Come on down..."
yeah but Larry had gorgeous model wearing bikinis!!! (Sarita, Danielle, Kathy & Samantha)

Well i'll pencil it into the diary as comming. Chris T will be happy that ive finally pulled my finger out and come down.

yeah but Larry had gorgeous model wearing bikinis!!!

Um yeah, Melb Brewers can't promise that, but there is generally plenty of good beer to taste and Larry definitely never offered that. Plus the models were look but don't touch, at Melb Brewers you also get to taste and swallow :huh:

Cheers SJ

Definately come along Brett. I've been to the last two and enjoyed the discussions and tastings!

yeah but Larry had gorgeous model wearing bikinis!!! (Sarita, Danielle, Kathy & Samantha)

Jesus, someone watched a lot of The price is right!

lol. nah razz. went googling for a pic and found the names.

ill see you fellas there then.

The club tastings are great, you get to pick the shit out of other members beer.

...and if you're nice, sometimes you get to take a bottle home.

Tasted damn nice with dinner the other night John :beerbang: Thanks

I did notice in this thread , an earlier mention to Westagte Brewers.....
As the new secretary , i can assure anyone who is interested in coming along , whilst we do have club brews days and club comps , we are not ,as suggested earlier, "formal" . Yes ,we are a club and yes we act like a club but really we are just a bunch of people who like making and tasting beer ! Anyone is more than welcome to come along and enjoy our scintillating company !
We meet third Sunday of the month at the naval association hall in Footscray !
This means we're on this Sunday ( and we're making a beer in our new brewery for our christmas function ! )
Cheers
Ferg

Well i'll pencil it into the diary as comming. Chris T will be happy that ive finally pulled my finger out and come down.

I'm not sure that I can get any of the blokes to wear a bikini CM2, but if you ply them with enough beer they might show a bit of leg for you. :lol:

CM2 it's worth a squiz regardless of what's on.

The first part of the night is always where as few proceedings take place, (many of them pretty informative) but a lot of brewers hang about into the wee hours and that's when you can pick the brains of some great knowledge banks the club has to offer. There are some guys there that have an astonishing knowledge of brewing and have been into it for decades - so you can learn heaps. This forum has taught me loads in theory, but MB has helped me put it into practice.

Joined up with them a bit over a year back and been hooked ever since. I drive over 40 mins to each meet, so if it was crap I wouldn't be there.
Plus my beers now no longer taste like cat's wee thanks to their advice so that's also a bonus :D

Hopper.

so its Chris T talking yeasts tonight? Well I'll be there to scope things out. see you fellas then

edit:
also just a thought. But this thread might want to be moved into the 'brew clubs' section of AHB?

CM2 - I've just put a request in for a new topic in Brew Clubs...

For those of you thinking about coming down tonight, here's the menu (with ommissions due to reduced memory capacity following on from Club Night in Canberra...)

* Tech Topic: Yeast - our favorite little bug and how to care for the critter
* Beers: We'll probably crack a few of the ChocolateBock that was brewed on our visit to Jamieson Brewery
* Gear: Brian Fitzgerald from Artisan Brewing is coming out to talk about the Better Bottle product they distribute
* News: Linton and Co. will give us a run down of what went on at club night (and then I'll tell you the stuff they can't remember doing :) )

See you all there!

Andy

Oh - and if anyone has contact details for Sam from the price is right, let me know and I'll see what we can organise ;-)

Latest posts

Back