Melbourne Malt Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pickup is tentatively set for a thursday afternoon around 3pm. I hope this works out ok for most people.

fraser_john has said he might be able to drop off malt for people along the route between CBD and Drysdale (Laverton, Werribee, Little River, Lara, Corio, Geelong etc)

Quintrex has said he is might be able to be the inner city distribution point, and I can store stuff for the east.

can anyone who wont be able to make it on the pickup day please let me know who should take your order?

pickup is tentatively set for a thursday afternoon around 3pm. I hope this works out ok for most people.

fraser_john has said he might be able to drop off malt for people along the route between CBD and Drysdale (Laverton, Werribee, Little River, Lara, Corio, Geelong etc)

Quintrex has said he is might be able to be the inner city distribution point, and I can store stuff for the east.

can anyone who wont be able to make it on the pickup day please let me know who should take your order?

lucas,

Can you let us know ASAP about the pickup time, i need to try and organise a vehicle to pick mine up.

Rook

Lucas
I will be able to nick off from work early, hook up and pick up my order.

BTW: that was a quick bulk buy, not even a week.

Yeah good stuff and thanks Lucas... I love your work! :beer:

Warren -

Well done Lucas.

I know from experience it takes alot to organize a Malt bulkbuy. No doubt all the guys are very appreciative of your hard work.

Cheers

Phil

thanks for the encouragement everyone. with how quickly the orders flowed it i think melbourne people were itching for a bulk buy.

I've received most of the payments today, thanks to everyone for labelling them clearly. havent received anything from Quintrex, therook and mark_mulrooney, but if you're with westpac it's probably their silly "2 day hold" for westpac-westpac payments to new payees.

Things look on course for paying for the order monday and picking up on thursday afternoon. I'll send through the order to David today so he can check he has enough of everything in stock

We have the green light for thursday, I've sent everyone a PM with the details incase anyone's lost them

Hey Brewers,

Any of you blokes coming back through the city with there grain. I'm not sure if i will be able to get there at that time and may need a bit of help if that happens.

Rook

Hey Brewers,

Any of you blokes coming back through the city with there grain. I'm not sure if i will be able to get there at that time and may need a bit of help if that happens.

Rook

I was taking my little car out there, but I'll be bringing back mine(5 bags) and warrens grain (3 bags afaik), which will probably max out my capacity, but as mentioned before I am happy to act a collection point so if someone can drop it at my joint (east brunswick) is that going to help you out?

Q

I was taking my little car out there, but I'll be bringing back mine(5 bags) and warrens grain (3 bags afaik), which will probably max out my capacity, but as mentioned before I am happy to act a collection point so if someone can drop it at my joint (east brunswick) is that going to help you out?

Q

that would help if anybody is going that way thanks Q.

Rook

If they fit in my car... I can take them and you can pick them up from my joint in North Melbourne? I just want to see how my car goes carrying 325kg of grain!

I wanna see how much you can sell your Echo for when it has a busted back axle...

Cheers again for organising this one Lucas, saved me a lot of money. :beer:
Hope you got my message that cummins will collect my order.
,chris

Echo's are built for carrying large loads, the modern day

Last edited by a moderator:
Late post.
If anyone needs their order picked up, PM me. I'll be picking up with a van, so plenty of room.
Can hold at Coburg (work) or Ivanhoe (home) if needed.
Cheers
Mark.

Q

Only 2 bags Q. Should save your wheels a bit. :lol:

BTW I can speak from experience. You can fit 12 bags in a Camry. The tyres don't like it but. :blink: :blink:

Warren -

lucas' tips for future bulk buy organisers.

1. Exchange phone numbers with everyone before the collection day. I dont know why i didnt think of it before hand but it would have saved a few of us getting lost. see 2.

2. precision containers, the melbourne pickup location, gives their address as being on justin road. this is crap, thats the back of the warehouse. the main office where you want to go is on frederick road, just around the corner.

aside from those few points, things ran very smoothly. thank for participating everyone!

1. Exchange phone numbers with everyone before the collection day. I dont know why i didnt think of it before hand but it would have saved a few of us getting lost. see 2.

2. precision containers, the melbourne pickup location, gives their address as being on justin road. this is crap, thats the back of the warehouse. the main office where you want to go is on frederick road, just around the corner.

aside from those few points, things ran very smoothly. thank for participating everyone!

I agree wholeheartedly, worst address ever!!!!

Good work Lucas!!!

Q

I got lost :( sorry guys, that's why we were late. Nice to run into a couple of you at G&G though :beer:

Cheers again lucas, I am sure the mice are having some sort of orgy in my shed right now! :eek:
- Berwyck

Back