Melbourne Malt Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucas

Nanobrewer
Reaction score
I'm starting a new thread for a new malt bulk buy in melbourne.

View attachment malt_prices___20_august_2007.pdf - here is the list with prices per 25 kg sack, excluding gst. I didnt bother including any of the organic malts, if you're interested in those, check the official price list below. I also absolve myself of any responsibility for typos within, please confirm prices for any malts you're interested in on the official price list below.

View attachment 010407_Pricelist_for_Australia_ex_DCL_Melbourne_Warehouse.pdf - here is the list direct from David Cryer, prices per tonne.

I guess if no one else feels like doing it, I can organise collection of money and making the payment for the malt; but people will need to be present on the collection day to get their sacks, or I'll need assistance from someone with a more suitable vehicle for moving all that malt.

Lucas,

prices are pretty good, I'd actually go for two ale, one vienna, two wheat, one munich and one pilsner from Wyermann. It'll be worth it.

I have a diesel Landcruiser, with beefed up suspension. It does NOT have electric brake controller and would suspect they would be necessary if putting the whole lot on a big trailer (which I also do NOT have).

Maybe several of us could be available to pick up. I could deliver to ANYONE along the route between CBD and Drysdale (Laverton, Werribee, Little River, Lara, Corio, Geelong etc). Of course, someone comming with me to help would be handy.

Let me know!

Lucas,

Put me on the list for an Aussie, 2 Germans and a Scot.
  • 1 x Pale (Barret Burston)
  • 1 x Pils (Weyermann)
  • 1 x Pale Wheat (Weyermann)
  • 1 x Marris Otter (Bairds)
- Luke

I will be in for a few sacks, but I will have to figure out what when I get home from work.

Where abouts is pickup from and when would D-Day for the purchase be?
- Berwyck

I will be in for a few sacks, but I will have to figure out what when I get home from work.

- Berwyck

Pickup is from brooklyn, unless you can organize someone to pick yours up for you.

Put me down for

1 x BB Pale
1 x BB Ale
1 x Wyer Munich 1

rook

BTW
I've ordered 1 sack of weyermans melanoidin if anyone wants to go halvies?

- Berwyck
Pickup is in brooklyn, as Quintrex mentioned. As for d-day, I'm not sure yet; I thought I'd wait until we had enough to place an order (20 sacks), but from the numbers in this thread we've crossed that threshold in under a day.

Apparently the place is only open 9am-3pm, can people list their preference for time and day of the week so we can get as many people there on the day as possible? My car is a little corolla hatch so there's no way I can move half a tonne of anything by myself.

Me and a mate from uni will be able to come down and help, but I am not sure if we would be in a much better shape than you as far car size goes. Time and day are probably not a problem, we are both postgrads so nicking off for a few hours is no biggie.

I think my order will be for 4 sacks:
1x BB Pale
1x BB Ale
1x W Pale Wheat
1x W Pilsner

- Berwyck

I can come and help, depending on the day...
Can I order
1*BB pale
2*BB ale
1*Weyermann smoked (would split a bag if anyone else is interested, otherwise a full one works)
1*Bairds Roast barley
1*marris otter
1*Bairds torrified wheat

Cheers,
Chris

Gday guys. I will be able to collect, but cant really help move any more due to small car.
I'm after:

1x BB Pale
1x BB Ale
1x Golden Promise

Thanks,
Josh

I'm in for 2 x sacks Maris otter + 1 sack x weyerman light munich, can help with pickup (hiace van 1.25 tonne) + time is fairly flexible atm. Can drop off to inner north, pickup from Ivanhoe if needed.
Cheers
Mark

So, when is D-Day lucas and when do you want us to pay?
wanna pm us all with bank details?
Q

Hi guys as someone that has organised one of these before, you will need a minimum of 2 normal cars to take the 500kg, or a large car and a trailer, 250kg (10sacks) can easily fit in the car, and towing 250kg shouldnt be a problem

Good luck with it

Dave

does anyone have a mill for sale. I'd love to get in on this, but without a mill, looks like i'm tied to lhbs to crack 'em for me...

So, when is D-Day lucas and when do you want us to pay?
wanna pm us all with bank details?
Q
well, I might call a cutoff on orders because the logistics of moving stuff is starting to scare me. from the orders so far we're up to over a tonne already.

I'd like to get the order placed by early next week with pickup sometime that week or early the following week. Everyone should have a PM from me with bank details and confirmation of their orders. message me if you dont.

could fraser_john, mark_mulrooney and anyone else who can help with moving the malt PM me with your preferred days and times. My work is very flexible so I can work around you guy's schedules.

I got a big ass diesel van that can take a ton if this helps, i live in sunshine and can deliver around west and east suburbs for a small fee/grain/beer...
let you know what I want to order tomorrow Lucas.

Latest posts

Back