Marks Home Brew confirmed to stay open then sold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We hope you are slowly getting back on track Mark. Fingers crossed everyone's orders (including money can be fulfilled and we can all start throwing some money your way :)

Don't think he's asked for money thrown his way.

Wish him the best and would shop there if I were local but the crap posted here about a man running a business he likely loves makes me cringe.

Sureeeeee

To be fair, me drunk and was bursting to pee.

It's just I always caught his vibe differently, good luck to him and hope the patronage of all continues to support a good business.l

Just about to place an order on MHB, can anyone who has ordered yeast confirm he uses icepacks to post? On craftbrewer you add them to the order yourself but not sure if I just can't find them or if they are absorbed into the shipping price?

koots said:
Just about to place an order on MHB, can anyone who has ordered yeast confirm he uses icepacks to post? On craftbrewer you add them to the order yourself but not sure if I just can't find them or if they are absorbed into the shipping price?

Last time I ordered yeast it just came with the grain and hops not with icepacks. Not a problem though, the yeast performed fine.

My first-ever grain order (my LHBS is closed for a week) from earlier in the week (Mon? Tue?) hasn't arrived, and there's been no correspondence.
Is this a normal thing?

If it's waiting on the yeast to come in or suchlike, that's fine, but I'd like to know.

I telephoned, but the number is disconnected.

I was planning a mid-week brew.

cheers,
-kt

No real need to use ice packs this time of year, just got some Wyeast from interstate, arrived just fine and fermenting as we speak.

Mr Wibble said:
My first-ever grain order (my LHBS is closed for a week) from earlier in the week (Mon? Tue?) hasn't arrived, and there's been no correspondence.
Is this a normal thing?

If it's waiting on the yeast to come in or suchlike, that's fine, but I'd like to know.

I telephoned, but the number is disconnected.

I was planning a mid-week brew.

cheers,
-kt
i was in the store on tuesday and Mark is/was out of basemalt and yeah, his phone is not connected nor the internet for that matter.

that may help to explain the reason your order has not been completed. Plenty of spec malts, hops and yeast if you can get to teh shop.

To back up Pratty1, I got my brother to go in on Wednesday and get Mark to call me. He left a message. I called back and he said he's expecting a big arrival of base malts today or early next week, and hasn't looked at brewbuilder since they haven't arrived. He also said he's been ill.
Strangely, he didn't know the number he called me on and because I was calling back from message bank, I couldn't get it either.

He mentioned he should send an e-mail out to let people know the situation (which I suggested would be a good idea) but so far I haven't received anything.

Last time I ordered through MHB he called 3 business hours after I put my order in to let me know a yeast was out of stock. Everything was packed for pickup that morning.

G'day,

I was at the shop yesterday, and Mark is waiting on the grain order.
As mentioned, plenty of hops and yeast available, but little base malt.

As for the phone, it appears Telstra are denying the transfer of the old number to the new provider, and the internet was OK last Friday, when I was there.
Maybe Mark will be able to get his phone (VOIP) working again, with help from his provider.

I have a suspicion that a lot of the malt will be accounted for before it arrives.

Les

I was in there yesterday also.
Same story as Les the Weizguy. Telstra definitely appear to be mucking him about with the transfer of his number or service. Prior to his move he was told it would all happen within 3 days of the move, but that stretched out to at least 6 weeks post move.
Having just gone through similar difficulties with Telstra to transfer our internet and phone following our move from Port Mac to Corlette, I can understand his frustration with the situation.

bump - phone number still coming up as disconnected when attempting to call.

Mark may be very busy today, as he was expecting a tonne of grain to be delivered early in the week.

Mark's email is working, but you may experience a delay due to the backlog there, too.

I too am waiting for a grain order.

His phone is not working because he is waiting for it to be transferred over from old premises and Telstra is in no hurry
Brewbuilder is working as it is not reliant on his phone line (wireless internet)

Phone numbers can be diverted to mobiles / other services regardless of location - Telcos don't take them hostage as a rule of thumb, I've got e-mails (and follow ups since) from April that are unanswered.

I'm not trying to be overly critical, I just think the reasoning above is stale / "malt is coming next week" for the past 3 weeks above is far from ideal when I have no way (other than showing up at the shop from 2+ hours drive away) to get in contact.

Best of luck with getting back underway MHB.

Mark received a tonne of base malt last night. I'm picking up my order tonight so go ahead and get the orders in.

It's too late for me now.

My party guests are going to have to drink warm KB because my grain order hasn't arrived in time.
(Can you brew a drinkable wheat beer in a week?)

I guess I'm only half joking about the warm KB.

Latest posts

Back