Little Creatures Quiet American

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This better not be a reference to your cupboard supply...

Na, saw them in a giant pile amazingly similar to this image. Except of course the SB was the one in the thread title.

AermvxMCAAAd8eo.jpg

;)

Great beer, very well brewed and balanced for my palate.

The cascade and chinook paired with the Belgian yeast esters is interesting and pleasant to my nose and taste buds.

Rich bready malt backbone, low carb, somewhere between medium and full bodied.
Great head and retention.

I get some sweetness in the finish from this beer, but for my money it is just some alcohol sweetness, which IMO is a pleasurable trait in higher alcohol beers a sign of good brewing.
Could be a touch more bitterness there to help balance it more.

The yeast characteristic in this beer are strikingly familiar to me, i get similarities from my own use of Wyeast forbidden fruit, particularly in a lower alcohol version of Manticles grand cru thingy from a past VIC case swap that i brew, his current recipe is in what are you brewing thread.

Overall a great sipper for a cold wet windy night, i drank mine at cellar temps 10 -12 degrees, i think drinking it any colder would only hurt this beer.

Cheers

We had the last keg in sydney and shouted the bar tonight, it lated 45mins.

giddy up

Picked up the 4 pint pack with The Quiet American from Vintage Cellars yesterday. Will give it a crack on the weekend.

The new one is going to be released before the chains sell out, it seems.

DM's in Port Macquarie had a shelf full yesterday. They also had some of the non-standard Stoke's 'bomber' beers including the KPA.

Dan Murphys opened in Mildura the other day and they have this in stock. I found it interesting. Similar to the last single batch (the big dipper) with a belgian yeast character and a touch sweeter. If it was a little drier I reckon it would be a lot nicer.

Apparently on tap at Hemmingways (Manly)... hopefully still there on the weekend, will be interesting to compare draft to bottle.

I left 6 bottles of QA on the shelf at DMs Smithfield about 30 minutes ago if any Cairns-ites are looking for this.

Just drinking one now, agree with most, would be better if fermented out a bit more.

Mechanics Institute in Northbridge have a keg of this on this afternoon with 2 brewers from LC.
Wish I was closer!
Cheers
Robbo

Latest posts

Back