Little Creatures Quiet American

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had few on tap - quite liked it although I rate the previous small batches better (Big Dipper, Dregnaught and the british one). Definitely has the same little creatures vibe re the american hops, but with belgianish yeast style. Did note that at over 7% it doesn't taste boozy at all whereas usually with a Belgian I have an idea of how strong it is. Still I'm glad I had a chance to taste this style, perfect choice for a small batch really (sufficiently weird)
Was it cloudy at all on tap?
The bottled stuff is crystal clear.

The map tells me that The Purple Palate at Maleny has it in stock............................ timely as I'll be there for a Murrays Tasting tomorrow.

Any other Sunny Coast Brewers attending???????????????????

Screwy

Yes I'll be there Mike, want me to bring you hops?

batz

Had one last night. Excellent as always. Full bodied, malty, subdued Belgian yeast with a US hop kick. A bit paler than I anticipated.

Didnt rate this at all, the cough syrup comment was very much how I rated the flavour, blackcurrent and gooseberry , yuk.
One pint is enough.If you can drink more than this your taste buds arnt working :icon_vomit:
Nev

Had some of this today. The yeast is very prominent in this, making one wonder which flavours are from the yeast and which from the hops (ol Cascade, Chinook according to the bottle).

The 7 odd percent is not at all apparent however the stuff is thickly enough flavoured that it isn't something I'd want to drink a lot of. Well brewed though in any event.

screw you

Got a couple chilling in the fridge and will be devoured while brewing on Sunday :)

you too

Had one last night. Excellent as always. Full bodied, malty, subdued Belgian yeast with a US hop kick. A bit paler than I anticipated.

never met you but yeah same to you

Didnt rate this at all, the cough syrup comment was very much how I rated the flavour, blackcurrent and gooseberry , yuk.
One pint is enough.If you can drink more than this your taste buds arnt working :icon_vomit:
Nev

and screw you! you can have jyo now all to yourself.

I just spent the last hour in bunbury scouring all the bottle shops. NOTHING! NOT A THING.

I was really looking forward to it and if i get a carton i will be happy but till then you can all go screw yourselves and LC too!

Rose Hotel and Condellos were the only two places in Bunbury getting it. Did you check the map on page 1?

screw you

you too

never met you but yeah same to you

and screw you! you can have jyo now all to yourself.

I just spent the last hour in bunbury scouring all the bottle shops. NOTHING! NOT A THING.

I was really looking forward to it and if i get a carton i will be happy but till then you can all go screw yourselves and LC too!
I would say you are lucky you didnt find it :drinks:
Nev

anyone seen it in brisbane yet? i would like to see just how bad it is :D

i have tried a couple of the mapped stockists but they all said thay havent heard of it or know anything about it :huh:

anyone seen it in brisbane yet? i would like to see just how bad it is :D

i have tried a couple of the mapped stockists but they all said thay havent heard of it or know anything about it :huh:
I picked up my carton from the Melbourne hotel in west end - one block over from archive. $65, or $8 a pint.
Brisbane brewhouse has it on tap for $7 pint.

Rose Hotel and Condellos were the only two places in Bunbury getting it. Did you check the map on page 1?

the map is a lie. Condello's know nothing about it - except for maybe in 2 months and the rose gets it next week. Which is piss poor.

I picked up my carton from the Melbourne hotel in west end - one block over from archive. $65, or $8 a pint.
Brisbane brewhouse has it on tap for $7 pint.

$7.00 a pint seems very reasonable considering and usually tap beer is far superior to bottles.

Beer drinking in Cairns is pretty expensive the old Blue Sky bar was a little bit cheaper than the LC.
According to the map there is none to be had up this way so unlikely to get to try it.

sweet

cheers mate :beerbang:
Archive was getting it on tap.
Hmmm, just checked - on at Next Door according to the website (Murrays Dark Knight as well - could be well worth a visit)

It isn't going to be available in Tassie @ this stage. :(
It'll be on tap at the Cock and Bull shortly it seems. Also bottles on the same pallet going to Crown Cellars too.

Yeah archive had it on tap but I didn't see any bottles in the take-away cool room yesterday when I went looking for it. Didn't see the tap price but it's probably 12 bucks a schooner or something.

I bought a few bottles from Archive the other day at $8 a bottle. They were in the locked fridge next to the bar.

I happen to be a FAN of this single batch ... hits the "Like" button in my books and even SWMBO has given it the big thumbs up ...

However everything is relative ... I am not a fan of weak arse mid strength beers which are bodiless and devoid of character and kick ...

I picked up 5 bottle from the RE store in Leederville ... and the boss and I knocked off 4 last night ... heaven !!! esp after drinking a few of Sierra Nevadas latest releases ... It was a GREAT day ...

will be looking for a case of this to hide for a day or so :icon_drool2: :icon_chickcheers:

Went to me local distributor listed on the LC website to get a few bottles.

I was told by the guy behind the counter that on the day they received their allocation of 12 cases, someone came in and purchased all 12 cases in one go.

Not very happy!!

Back