Little Creatures Quiet American

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
From today's newsletter:

Our latest single batch beer, TheQuiet American a hoppy Belgian / U.S. hybrid ale is heading around the country to you now...

Click here for a map of where you can find it at a great beer loving bottleshop or venue near you. Remember, as a true single batch, stock is extremely limited and it might take us a little while to get it all the way across the country so always call your local ahead of time to avoid disappointment.

If you're in Freo or Melbourne this afternoon and are ready to bring in the public holiday early, come and try it on us as we tap our first kegs from 4pm in Freo and 4.30pm in Fitzroy

From today's newsletter:

Our latest single batch beer, TheQuiet American a hoppy Belgian / U.S. hybrid ale is heading around the country to you now...

Click here for a map of where you can find it at a great beer loving bottleshop or venue near you. Remember, as a true single batch, stock is extremely limited and it might take us a little while to get it all the way across the country so always call your local ahead of time to avoid disappointment.

If you're in Freo or Melbourne this afternoon and are ready to bring in the public holiday early, come and try it on us as we tap our first kegs from 4pm in Freo and 4.30pm in Fitzroy
soudns like new belgium brewery's Fat Tyre

Pre ordered 4 bottles - picking up tonight!

Will let you guys know how it is.

It isn't going to be available in Tassie @ this stage. :(

Archive apparently have bottles and a keg on ATM...

Cheers

I am just sipping on one now. A small local liquor store had a few bottles so I picked up two.

Very nice beer. It has some nice sweet malt flavours, a bit fruity perhaps with some really nice strong hop aroma and enough bitterness to balance it.

It makes for a really nice combination of a Belgian Ale and American Pale Ale.

hunting the bunno area for it tonight and tomorrow

Como liquor store got their delivery about half an hour before they closed... i have one chilling right now, ready to crack in a very short while......

oooh, the anticipation... :unsure:

deVines in Ingelwood (WA) have some. Just keep your mits off my two cartons.

Looking forward to this one. I may have a bit of a raod trip to find some though. My nearest stockist is 400k's away.

I don't see how Fat Tire is a Belgian IPA hopped extensively with all American hops.
I guess they are both liquid :p

I don't see how Fat Tire is a Belgian IPA hopped extensively with all American hops.
Since when is fat tyre a belgian ipa? Its an us amber with some belgiany characteristics. Nor is quiet american a belgian ipa.

I didnt say it was a clone did I. I said it sounds like it. pure observational comment based on what I read. Ffs.

That would be right send it some east but none 4 hrs north :( Miss out again! cant wait till i move away from this city lol

Since when is fat tyre a belgian ipa? Its an us amber with some belgiany characteristics. Nor is quiet american a belgian ipa.

I didnt say it was a clone did I. I said it sounds like it. pure observational comment based on what I read. Ffs.
Yes, best we never speak of this again.

Not available at any COndello's in bunbury. The rose hotel will have it on tap next week when they recieve there order!! Gee I will prob find it at woolworths liquor at the bunbury forum!

JYO the map is a lie

I had a pint this afternoon at the LC Dining Hall, and wasn't massively impressed. It's got an amazing hop character, but is a little sweet/thick and definitely a single pint kinda beer. Not a struggle to get through, but didn't back up for a second.

I really liked it. Balanced, impressive aroma with good balance between elements and ultimately, very drinkable.

Back