Lion introduces "Tap King" - party keg / growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see its only got 2 good beers Squire Chancer and Boags,

Might be interesting if we get small batch craft beers and the like though,

Josho said:
Where are we buying these from then?

or are they just a pipe dream?
Bottlo's I suspect, but Lion has said they won't be releasing the system until 'later in the year'.

next you will be telling me you can brew your own for cheap and fill your own kegs... maybe even clone beers... naaa bound to be a catch somewhere ;)

I dont think at what the cost is 22 dollars a bottle plus the Keg King system that it would be DIY,

too much monies to be lost surely,

Lion nathan would have made it too hard to fill your own - cept theres a special machine you can buy that they especially developed to fill these..... and it only costs $10,000 - or some other stupid amount.

Fill your own keg king bottle.... "I can feel a new thread coming on" (sung to old )

Last edited by a moderator:
Bribie you might have to start it now in anticipation of the questions, do your research early on and be the go to guy,

:)

Yes I suppose who can you trust if not Wikipedia :)

Incidentally I wrote the "Australian Market" paragraph for the Fosters Lager page.

Edit: and the history section as well. Wow that was a few years ago and it's pleasing to see it's still quite intact despite a lot of people having a hack at it.

Josho said:
Lion nathan would have made it too hard to fill your own - cept theres a special machine you can buy that they especially developed to fill these..... and it only costs $10,000 - or some other stupid amount.
The bottle is made locally by Visy and KHS did the filler, so you are a little short in zeros if they did the filler

There's plenty if different formats o/s, with the doom and gloom if will bring I'm sure all could be soothed by another poker machine in the venue ;)

Sadly many of the pubs in Australian regional towns and suburbs are the places where people drink who can't or choose not to get into the clubs. In my own limited experience: Woolgoolga RSL, Bribie Island RSL, Morayfield Sports Club, Taree Sailo's, Club Old Bar, Panthers at Port - even some city venues like Chatswood RSL, Dee Why RSL, - well patronised and packed out in the lunchtimes and evenings while the pubs are virtually empty.

Did I say my limited experience? Shit gotta start drinking less :lol:

Bribie G said:
Pot.. don't you mean a middy?
Looks like Bribie has been 'influenced' by the cockroaches. I think he's spent enough time with 'canetoads' to know what a 'pot of gold' is.

Having emigrated to Australia from QLD, indeed I have had to brush up on the vocabulary;

middy - pot
longneck - tallie
Motor Registry - Main Roads
Green slip - CTP insurance
Rego - what's that? being a pensioner it's free in NSW
The $2.50 Pensioner Excursion Ticket (PET) - anywhere you want, all day no QLD equivalent.
Four distinct seasons, no QLD equivalent
Real trees

:p :p :p

Edit: heating bills :huh:

Bribie, when my QLD cousins would visit they would pack their clothes in a "Port". Confused the shit outta me as youngster.

Searched in vain for Cheerios at the supermarkets here when rugrats were visiting at Christmas. The little red sausages, I thought the name was Australia wide - had to settle for cocktail Franks instead.

Back