Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shopped from there. I got everything delivered on time. All my products were of great quality. I also purchased from Keg King. Similar experience. whats with all the hate? when i look for reviews the last thing i rely on are the reviews on the companies site. if you cant take the time to do your own research about products then why badmouth businesses about it? the response from kegland seems legit. some tool just pasted the same review across multiple products and probably reviewed the wrong product. have you never done this yourselves on ebay? "A++ Great item quick service will shop again". i know i have. doesnt mean ebays pumping fake reviews.

I was so proud when i got into home brewing to see Aussie based companies were innovating in the field of home brewing and for once our products are the envy of the American youtubers who couldnt wait to get their hands on products that were released in OZ first.

Get real guys.

Thanks for that. Really appreciate the support.

Thanks for that Donald. If you really feel that there are some fake reviews that are bothering you then can you please send us a list of the ones that you have in question. If they appear to be fake then we will make sure they are taken down. To my understanding this has already happened. Up until yesterday anyone could put up any review without being registered and having never purchased from us. Now any user that puts a review up needs to be registered and if we feel like it's not genuine we can cross reference their purchase history with their registered email. It's quite possible that some reviews are not that useful or genuine. If you raise any particular ones like this to our attention that I can assure you that it will be addressed. I really feel the most constructive way forward is for you to email us specific instances.

With that said I would encourage anyone who has the time or feels that their concerns are not being resolved to contact ACCC.

How about this one then? 2 reviews from the same person (Magdalen? Yeah. RIght) for a product that isn't even available yet.

Floating Dip Tube Filter(80 Mesh 304 Stainless) - For FermZilla or Kegmenter
1597896091662.png
1597896037698.png

It goes beyond fake reviews. The first hop I clicked on at the top of the list was Loral. The review is stolen word for word off Beerco.com.au's website. It's stealing off other Aussie homebrewing stores that also offer great service. I also shop at KL, but I also shop at Beerco and think it's totally unfair that you would be doing that to them.

Many of the hop reviews have been stolen off the Beerco page. Others are stolen from Northern Brewer.

It's not fake reviews, it's being dirty and stealing the hard work of other Australian home brew shops.

i think reviews dont do any justice to any stores website to be honest wether its kl or beerco

i think forums are better idea of getting honest reviews of products as people dont feel they have to put a decent review and can openly speak
about product they are wishing to purchase.

kl isnt the 1st store to put fake or unreliant reviews many webstores do this across the world

i feel with kl some of the stuff doesnt need reviewing as they are self explanitory

i think if a person is looking at a particular item there is other ways to work out wether the product is for you

It goes beyond fake reviews. The first hop I clicked on at the top of the list was Loral. The review is stolen word for word off Beerco.com.au's website. It's stealing off other Aussie homebrewing stores that also offer great service. I also shop at KL, but I also shop at Beerco and think it's totally unfair that you would be doing that to them.

Many of the hop reviews have been stolen off the Beerco page. Others are stolen from Northern Brewer.

It's not fake reviews, it's being dirty and stealing the hard work of other Australian home brew shops.

Do you have a link for that? I can't find any reviews for that hop on BeerCo and it is not even listed for sale.
Only reference is from 2018 when it was hop of the month with a DESCRIPTION (far different to a review)

Is anything like this available to allow commercial tap handles to be placed on nukataps?
Are other brewers interested in fitting commercial tap handles, or just me?

Pic taken from a US website.
20299_threaded_fitting_for_draft_beer_faucet_tap_handles_0006.jpg

you'll know if i've done a fake review.
i sign those ones off as
donald trump / donald drumpf (his real name before changing it to trump. trump is actually a fake name) / or donald trumpet
depending on my mood

Do you have a link for that? I can't find any reviews for that hop on BeerCo and it is not even listed for sale.

The Loral one is lifted off here, complete with the same grammar mistakes. Just google the review from any of the hops on KL's site and you'll see the extent of this problem. You can't just rip sh!t from your competitor's website like that.

i think reviews dont do any justice to any stores website to be honest wether its kl or beerco

It still doesn't give them the right to scrape all the reviews from Beerco and use them on their site. That's straight out stealing and we shouldn't be making excuses for Kegland. I like KL's products and do a lot of shopping there, but I also like other HB shops like Beerco who have always provided me with excellent service. Kegland should absolutely be held accountable for this.

The Loral one is lifted off here, complete with the same grammar mistakes. Just google the review from any of the hops on KL's site and you'll see the extent of this problem. You can't just rip sh!t from your competitor's website like that.

It still doesn't give them the right to scrape all the reviews from Beerco and use them on their site. That's straight out stealing and we shouldn't be making excuses for Kegland. I like KL's products and do a lot of shopping there, but I also like other HB shops like Beerco who have always provided me with excellent service. Kegland should absolutely be held accountable for this.

can you actually prove the fact kl stole the reviews from beerco or vice versa mate..

not saying ya wrong about it...

can you actually prove the fact kl stole the reviews from beerco or vice versa mate..

The Beerco reviews predate their website refresh. There's also reviews taken from Northern brewer and I found one lifted off Amazon the first time around when I first raised this.

There's also the blog article they've stolen off other Aussie LHBS online shop sites, Cheeky Peak was the one I looked. They're could well be more stolen content on the other blog articles.

If the in-line regulator (KL02172) was dialed right down, could it be used as a cask breather? Aspirators/breathers seem pretty expensive for what they are.

In case you are wondering, KegLand admitted to putting up bullshit reviews and then blamed their customers for not having real ones here. People then started complaining that HONEST reviews they had put up, were being excluded from the site in favour of the bullshit ones due to them being honest reviews.

I have purchased from KegLand before, but after returning some silicone hose which smelled so strongly of curing agent I couldn't bring it into my house I was told "You just need to let it sit and off gas for a few weeks to months"... excuse me? I thought it was 'food grade' and I don't want any cheap carcinogenic rubbish transferring 100 degree wort.

I then purchased silicone hose from another shop (rhymes with maim and gape) which was made in the USA. I was told by KL that their product would be equal to or superior... after I informed them I already purchased the new stuff and it was faaaaaar superior to the rubbish I was sold, they gave me the line "well, make sure it's up to standard. Our's is just as good as platinum cured"... like come on. Don't blame the customer or try to rubbish your competitors for supplying something which needed another 3 months to 'release fumes'...

Pretty much lost most of my business there and then. I have since purchased from them, and been very happy with the products, including a PH meter, their carbonation caps and bits and pieces. I bought their bucket blaster, very happy. But it left a sour taste in my mouth like a lambic gone too far. And no, I do not work for KegLand or KegKing or any other bullshit. I came to this forum hoping to find like minded brewers interested in honing skills. Homebrewtalk is ok, but don't have Aussie equivalents and I am too simple to convert oz/g or lbs/kg etc.

But every time I go to post honest feedback, I feel like either KegKing fans will rubbish me if I criticise them, or if I complain about KL then grmblz will jump down my throat. So, most of the time I just hold my tongue. But it's getting ridiculous. The mods need to ban both KK and KL or you both need to just stfu about each other.

You don't need to put posts up about "our competitors say....." I mean really. It's like watching two toddlers fighting over the last chip. It's embarrassing. And no, I am not only having a go at KL here, KK is equally to blame. I know they monitor this thread so they will see this reply.

Flame me all you want KK and KL fans, but it's getting really old. I have lurked on here for YEARS after making a c*nt of myself early on when I was a young bloke. I didn't raise my head and just lurked rather than owning up and admitting I was a dickhead. So here you go, I will be first. Sorry for being a knob when I first joined 10 years ago. If you don't know what i'm talking about check my post history when I spoke about something I didn't know (gas mixing in atmosphere and co2 purging). So please, for the sanity of everyone, take down your bullshit reviews by Ivana Humpalot or whoever you made up, and stop the KK vs KL rubbish.

It's a bit different when CP are selling a KL wholesale product....

If the in-line regulator (KL02172) was dialed right down, could it be used as a cask breather? Aspirators/breathers seem pretty expensive for what they are.

I've found the adjustment gets quite "notchy" around the low end of the scale - even at ~10psi I find it hard to get it dialed in without it jumping 3-5 psi at a time. You might be able to persuade it down to 2psi or so with a bit of fiddling....

I've heard that adjustable propane regulators make good ultra-low-pressure secondary regs, they usually adjust over a range between about 0.5 to 2 psi. No idea what fittings you'd need to get it hooked up to any standard beer gear though

Last edited:

To be fair to CP though, if I was reselling something from a wholesaler and they had a description I would just copy it. I would love for KL to put the descriptions provided by the hop manufacturers, or if they are then just simply admit it. I notice on some hops they use "provided by the hoplist book which can be purchased here" so just do that.

Back