Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly you are right. Unless it's the middle of summer it never gets above 22 in our house. Well done!

Secondly, have you got anything helpful to add? I myself can think of two things you could say to be helpful. Now I'm not going to lead the witness so will keep these to myself.

You have my attention and the floor.
Proceed...
Have a think further about thermal mass in fridge, door openings etc and there is no meaningful way to get anything accurate. Quote the max and work backwards.There was tha helpful? More than the BS peddled as accurate info.

Have a think further about thermal mass in fridge, door openings etc and there is no meaningful way to get anything accurate. Quote the max and work backwards.There was tha helpful? More than the BS peddled as accurate info.

See, that wasn't that hard was it? :)

It's a hard question to answer, especially when you have a partner like mine that scrutinises everything to do with anything I spend money on.

Whilst you answer here is more helpful the 200kw/year was the important bit of the answer I needed as I can go to my power bill and work out a rough cost to build into my argument. I realise thermal mass and doors opening etc play a big part of it (are you my partner?) but if the rough cost per year is $50 (which is more than my cost of electricity) then that's better than I was thinking of hundreds of dollars. Make sense?

Now you seem like a pretty argumentative and logical guy/gal, so if you can think of anything else that I could use to present in my favour in the pending battle that would be just swell!

See, that wasn't that hard was it? :)

It's a hard question to answer, especially when you have a partner like mine that scrutinises everything to do with anything I spend money on.

Whilst you answer here is more helpful the 200kw/year was the important bit of the answer I needed as I can go to my power bill and work out a rough cost to build into my argument. I realise thermal mass and doors opening etc play a big part of it (are you my partner?) but if the rough cost per year is $50 (which is more than my cost of electricity) then that's better than I was thinking of hundreds of dollars. Make sense?

Now you seem like a pretty argumentative and logical guy/gal, so if you can think of anything else that I could use to present in my favour in the pending battle that would be just swell!
Maybe you start by thinking about what thermal mass you have in there on an average basis and what sort of energy you are removing each time you put a warm keg in there you can put your noggin to use to come up with something. $50 a year is probably way of the mark as it is highly likely to be substantially more than that especially if your are opening the door and putting in kegs that need to have a lot of heat removed. Its going to cost a lot more than $0.13 per day. If you stick a warm keg in there then its going to cost a few dollars to chill it down. I would suggest you can buy a cheap power plug from places like reduction revolution which will meter the costs for you and you will be in for a rude shock. Argumentative only when I see people peddling bollocks to the gullible. Logical always.

Maybe you start by thinking about what thermal mass you have in there on an average basis and what sort of energy you are removing each time you put a warm keg in there you can put your noggin to use to come up with something. $50 a year is probably way of the mark as it is highly likely to be substantially more than that especially if your are opening the door and putting in kegs that need to have a lot of heat removed. Its going to cost a lot more than $0.13 per day. If you stick a warm keg in there then its going to cost a few dollars to chill it down. I would suggest you can buy a cheap power plug from places like reduction revolution which will meter the costs for you and you will be in for a rude shock. Argumentative only when I see people peddling bollocks to the gullible. Logical always.

Thank you, that's probably the most sensible post you have written on here.

Some good advice there, I have already been looking up power plugs but will look at reduction revolution.

Cheers

Thank you, that's probably the most sensible post you have written on here.

Some good advice there, I have already been looking up power plugs but will look at reduction revolution.

Cheers
Always sensible and honest unlike some of the acts on here. Just cannot stand those who peddle bollocks to the gullible as I said. You can fool many people some of the time but you cannot fool all of them all the time. Just give it time and you will see I have never posted anything that was untrue. Wonderful times in brewing are ahead.

Thanks for the info regarding your liquid bulkheads I have set up some new pressure vessels with dip tubes thanks!

I was wondering if your mini keg ball lock tapping heads fit on the ikegger mini kegs?

Hi KL I got an invention I'm hoping you may be able to help me out with instead of building it myself.
Instead of drilling gas line for fridge I'm using a reducer to 1/8" hose then back up again.

What I want is 1/8" copper pipe (or similar) with 2 x 90 bends with about a 50mm space between the 2 so as the 8mm gas hose goes under the fridge reduces down to copper through fridge then back up to 8mm.

I've taken photos of my plastic line purchased from a hydraulic shop that kinks from time to time ABH wont let me upload the file size so posted below

https://imgur.com/a/EOeyGup

I'd also be interested in a plastic hand gun holster with double sided tape to the inside of the fridge.
Friday night shut the door on my 9L keg came back 10 minutes later and had an empty keg with about 6L beer through the fridge and on the floor.
It's only happened a couple of times this being the worst if someone was selling that I'd buy it.

Gday @KegLand-com-au I will be purchasing a kegerator sytem early next year. Do i have to purchase directly from you or do your distributors have them in stock? I live in country S.A. and have found a KegLand distributor in Adelaide and also two country towns.

Are the stated volumes of the new Fermentasauri a sensible batch size with some head space or the total volume, filled to the rim?

The Fermentasaurus units are rated sizes to the top. So ideally the 27L unit is perfect for batches of about 23liters in size. The 55 Liter unit is good for 50L batch. You dont need to much head space when you are fermenting under pressure.

@KegLand-com-au Loving the new website menu / interface!

Thanks for that. Oliver has been working hard on that and done a good job. It was a bit difficult to navigate before so hopefully you can find stuff more easily.

We are bringing a lot more new lines in so by the end of th year we will have about 400 other products on the website so it was important that we change the way the categories were laid out so stuff can still be found.

Dreams? lucky bugger we can't afford those.

edit: sorry - on topic. When is this half price cleaner/sanitizer promo going to hit?

We have just started a promo so if you purchase a StellarSan and also the Sodium Percarbonate Jar you get another pair of these free.

Latest posts

Back