Isb Meet June / July ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21st or 28th is good for me for tour of St Peters Brewery. It will need to be after 1 PM though cos of running the kids around.
Cheers
Pweder

Put me down on the reserve list please guys.

And thats only if its a sat.

If we just end up doing a meet I am available when you's decide to hold meets for your club on the saturday.

Come on now, DC. We've had a meeting on Saturday every time but one. And that was to accommodate Gav. (Better leave it at that shall we Gav. ;) :rolleyes: )

Shall we make it the 21st then?

And BTW, has anybody brewed the last big brew day beer, the Blonde or the Golden Strong? It'd be good to have some feedback after all that hard work. :huh:

Come on now, DC. We've had a meeting on Saturday every time but one. And that was to accommodate Gav. (Better leave it at that shall we Gav. ;) :rolleyes: )

Shall we make it the 21st then?

And BTW, has anybody brewed the last big brew day beer, the Blonde or the Golden Strong? It'd be good to have some feedback after all that hard work. :huh:

what he said on point one fair crack of the whip , one sunday now and then to help accomodate others doesnt kill anyone and isnt worth crying about ,,,, as for the "theme" yeah well its known that most prefer a saturday meet but ya cant make all the people happy all the time ... see ya at the next meet...

21st works for me , whats the battle plan , brewery tour then a quick thai feed somewhere down king st then perhaps a bit of a mini crawl , or something else entirely ???

i have the golden strong in the fermenter now stuart will transfer it to secondary this saturday ....

Won't make the next one i'm afraid but i'm sure the next will be OK

They have all been on Sat haven't they, only one of them was on a Sunday

If you haven't fermented the BBD wort yet you're not trying hard enough - mine was finished 6 weeks ago :lol:

what he said on point one fair crack of the whip , one sunday now and then to help accomodate others doesnt kill anyone and isnt worth crying about ,,,, as for the "theme" yeah well its known that most prefer a saturday meet but ya cant make all the people happy all the time ... see ya at the next meet...

21st works for me , whats the battle plan , brewery tour then a quick thai feed somewhere down king st then perhaps a bit of a mini crawl , or something else entirely ???

i have the golden strong in the fermenter now stuart will transfer it to secondary this saturday ....

Sounds like a plan to me, Barra. Although the Thai bit in the middle seems a bit of a waste. :rolleyes:

Good to hear you are on the case with the GS.

How did it come out with the 1728, DJR?

also the guys that have missed out on the tour can hook up with the tourers later on somewhere too...

Is there anywhere worth drinking on King st, I know a couple of places have JS GA on tap but...

As far as food and King st go there is only one fast food place worth considering

Guzman Y Gomez is the Sh!T

Is there anywhere worth drinking on King st, I know a couple of places have JS GA on tap but...

As far as food and King st go there is only one fast food place considering

was kinda having the same though re the pubs mike , what kind of food is guzman y gomez ? spanish ?

Sheeze guys didnt mean to offend I apologise especially since as I had to miss about 4-5 meets straight!

I'll have to make it to every saturday meet now or worsen my rep even further!

Is there anywhere worth drinking on King st

Going from May st towards Newtown / City there are a few pubs

- Town & Country Hotel : local but nothing special

then either up Edgware to the
- The Golden Barley : local, St Peters Blonde
(then up Alice to King St & towards Sandringham)

or towards King St to
- Botany View Hotel : mmm dingy, do u like sticky carpets ?
- The Union Hotel Eatery : good food, Coopers

- Sandringham Hotel : unknown
- Town Hall : St Peters Blonde, Coopers
- Bank Hotel : newly renovated, unknown, both teams play there (!)
- Cooper's Arms Hotel : newly renovated, naturally Coopers on tap
- The Marlborough Hotel : another pub

These are the main ones IMHO. There no belgian or austrian cafes. they are nothing special, but
are very sociable & there is plenty of pubs in walking distance. Some of the above probably have JS
as well but i dont remember ...

St Peters & Newtown train station are close & buses up King st are frequent. Do we have any idea how long the tour is
and if any of the reserves wish to join us post tour ?

For those that like spices, Fiji Market between Botany View & Union has cheap spices, chillies,
flaked rice etc eg 500g coriander seeds = $4

As far as food and King st go there is only one fast food place worth considering

yeah, very tasty :super:

edit - more info

then either up Edgware to the
- The Golden Barley : local, St Peters Blonde

Used to be a great pub with a great knockabout beer garden but has unfortunately had the sterility treatment in the last 6 months :( :(

- Bank Hotel : newly renovated, unknown, both teams play there (!)

:p Had more than a few interesting nights in there when I used to live around the corner. Haven't been back since they've done it up......... although just looking at the outside doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence as to what they've done inside

Hmmm wonder if I could get SWMBO to drop me off after the kids footy.............

What about
Courthouse Hotel

202 Australia St
Newtown NSW 2042

What about
Courthouse Hotel

202 Australia St
Newtown NSW 2042

Cheap food but not a huge range of drinks at the bar last time i was there. The Bank hotel probably has the best range of tap beers in Newtown, followed by the Marly or possibly the Coopers arms

Down the other end the Sandringham isn't half bad but i haven't been there in ages

Just last time I was at the Courthouse I noticed they had a couple of "house" beers on tap, thought that might be interesting

It's still cubed, even after asking you them questions the other day.

I dont think I'll ferment it till I move in to my house.

Mine was fermented with Lager yeast and is .....well, lagering. Need to drain a keg soon to get it on line

Latest posts

Back