How Much Have You Brewed This Year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many litres of beer have you brewed in '03

• Under 100 litres (I'm new to brewing/getting back into it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 - 250 litres (didn't have enough time)

• 250 - 500 litres (not enough fermenters/bottles)

• 500 - 750 litres (I like variety ok)

• 750 - 1000 litres (Just pacing myself. nice and steady)

• 1000 - 1500 litres (Summer was hot and I was quite thirsty)

• 1500 - 2000 litres (I've got a big family alright)

• 2000 + litres (I've started selling the stuff/opening a micro)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: I have no idea where it all goes. :)

I brew about once a week for myself and sometimes if other people use my brewery it can be twice in a weekend. Now long weekends are even better cos you get to have a second set of friends over to share a brewday.

As most of my brew companions know I don't always drink all I brew so occassionally when I get bored with a beer it will get dumped and really that is a great excuse to brew again.

My estimation is 45 All grain batches for myself and about 20 shared brews on alternate days.
I have been known to brew 4 days running if I see a fermenter empty. I don't brew double batches as that defeats, for me, the whole act of brewing.

Me -- 1125ltrs

Others -- 500ltrs

And then there are the all grain brews just for starters.

About 4 or 5 full brews for starters.

My all time brew hero is Jayse :chug: :chug: :chug: , He has brewed and forgotten more beers in a year than most of us brew in a lifetime.

Steve.

Hi Gang.
well i think i have put proberly 23 19lt kegs down this season lol.

Merry Xmas

Did the last brew of the year yesterday with Crispy, Dicko, wee stu, chiller and Pedro.

Grand total for the year: 611 litres from 28 batches.

Happy with that amount. :D

C&B
TDA

150 litres or there abouts.

Considering i have stacks of gear, and did my first AG this year, i think i have equipment overkill considering the number of brews i did.

I did so little as i enjoy brewing moreso than drinking. I only have a beer once or twice a week. I need lessons in how to drink

Will

I have done 14 brew's since August 04

All have been K&B

So based on a 18l mix, I have done 252 litres in less that 6 months.

Not bad for a newby :)

yep i brewed yesterday too and this year with 13 ag it 299 litres

A sniff under 30,000 litres. If I add the 2 brews I did this week at home then I reckon I've hit the 30K.

tdh

Jovial_Monk said:
On a subtopic, what about strongest beer brewed? 16% Burton Olld Ale here
Doesnt sound like a very authentic old ale to me :huh:

My brewing output this past year was pretty low. I'd estimate less than 200 litres :( Drinking input however was very high! Expecially since september. Almost hit 250 new beers in 3 months.

I commissioned the new brewery on the stand at Easter and I have done 24 x 20 litre brews and 2 x 45 litre brews and including the seven brews I did prior to the stand being built it adds up to about 610 litres. :)
A modified stand and a 90 litre boil pot are scheduled for early 2005 so there will be no holding me back in the new year :D

Cheers

tdh said:
A sniff under 30,000 litres.
OK Thomas, you win, yours is bigger than ours. No need to rub it in. :D It must take you hours working the bottle brush and hand capper.

I have an assistant for the 'menial' tasks!

Got tired of being ragged by my 'associates' for not having brewed at home for so long, quickly snuck in 2 batches at home in the last week of the year.

tdh said:
Got tired of being ragged by my 'associates' for not having brewed at home for so long, quickly snuck in 2 batches at home in the last week of the year.
tdh

The flocculators are considering whether this allows you to continue as a full member. The minimum homebrew requirements is 300 litres per annum as you are well aware. I think you should brew at least 5 mores times before New Years

My personal tally for the year is around 450 litres.

Cheers
Pedro

Pedro said:
tdh said:
tdh
Well I can verify only one of those homebrew batches, last Monday, but the [let's say a small percentage of the 30,000 litres] can be verified as not only extremely drinkable but of a continuing high standard.

Pedro I notice you claim 450 litres ... for the Floccs, isn't that a requirement to wear "P" plates for two get togethers? :)

Mind you 450 litres of excellent beer is not a bad effort.

Steve

About 700 litres.

14 all grain brews of 45 litre batch size.

A couple of kits for club comps that sucked.

And a couple of wines.

I think i'd be somewhere around 400 litres over the last 12 months. Have started brewing every week now, so i hope the next 12 months produces a nudge over a thousand litres which should be easy work to drink between 5 uni students. Also looking to upgrade to AG so 40l batches will up the output a tad.

at least 1 a month and thats not bad considering i wasnt drinking beer for 9 months

Hi All
I brewed 13 batches last year at an average of 21L/batch.

I am currently brewing batch #5 for this year which adheres to my usual average of around 1batch/month.

Happy days
Jim

Been AG for just under 3 months & on my 20th brew - Nearly 550 L - so guess if I wasn't heading over to the uk for a couple of months of serious drinking I'd be up in the 2000L+ bracket - bit of a worry really - :chug:

& stocks could be a bit depleated after tonight ;) ...

Good Day
25 times 20-22 L so far this year (one is still in the secondary). Begin lager brewing on the weekend, helles and dunkel. No extra fridges so rely on winter temps and WLP San Fran.

too much if you ask my girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back