How Much Have You Brewed This Year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many litres of beer have you brewed in '03

• Under 100 litres (I'm new to brewing/getting back into it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 - 250 litres (didn't have enough time)

• 250 - 500 litres (not enough fermenters/bottles)

• 500 - 750 litres (I like variety ok)

• 750 - 1000 litres (Just pacing myself. nice and steady)

• 1000 - 1500 litres (Summer was hot and I was quite thirsty)

• 1500 - 2000 litres (I've got a big family alright)

• 2000 + litres (I've started selling the stuff/opening a micro)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Close to 300l just this year. Which is a scary thought seeing i drink the majority of it.

Approx 29 brews at 24 L = 696L
Less infections etc approx 5 @ 24L= (bad year)
576L in the tummy, that explains the gut !!!!!
Thanks Jovial , not so jovial....

buuuuurp !

Hey, good on ya Ross, just read your reply, you make me feel like an athlete !!!!!!!!!!!
Go The Blues !!
ps got the filter from Les , will be in action in the next week !

Doc said:
I've just done a tally on what I've brewed this year.
I'm sitting on around 1000 litres brewed this from 41 brews.

That is a scary thought. Around 20 litres a week. I had quite a bit of help during the rugby season and world cup though.

Beers,
Doc
[post="9578"][/post]​

I started this thread in 2003.
Looks like my brewing quantity is slowing up a little. Probably a direct result of some close mates moving overseas and having two young kids :lol:

Maybe I should split this topic so we can do yearly reviews on our brewing trends ?

Beers,
Doc

So far this year I have brewed 22 litres at home, & I gave that away to a mate!
Might have to brew a batch of Firkin Bolter, probably end up giving that away too.
Cheers
Gerard

Doc said:
Doc said:

That is a scary thought. Around 20 litres a week. I had quite a bit of help during the rugby season and world cup though.

Beers,
Doc
[post="9578"][/post]​

Looks like my brewing quantity is slowing up a little. Probably a direct result of some close mates moving overseas and having two young kids :lol:

Maybe I should split this topic so we can do yearly reviews on our brewing trends ?

Beers,
Doc
[post="60753"][/post]​

I dunno Doc, maybe because all the beers you brew recently seem to have a minmum OG of 1080?

Doc said:
Doc said:

Beers,
Doc
[post="9578"][/post]​

Beers,
Doc
[post="60753"][/post]​

Need a drinking partner Doc? I'm in Baulkham Hills which Gerard knows. Always up for a few decient beers.

Gerard_M said:
So far this year I have brewed 22 litres at home, & I gave that away to a mate!
Might have to brew a batch of Firkin Bolter, probably end up giving that away too.
Cheers
Gerard
[post="60757"][/post]​
I bags first option on that Bolter, Sir.

Barring that, can U organise to get your porter on tap in Newcastle. The Queens Wharf Brewery may be interested.

Thanks

Seth :p

Duff said:
Need a drinking partner Doc? I'm in Baulkham Hills which Gerard knows. Always up for a few decient beers.
[post="60771"][/post]​

If I had more people drinking my beer, then I'd really be stuffed. I brew as often as I can and only just mange to keep all kegs full. More drinkers would unsettle the delicate balance :lol:

Beers,
Doc

Weiz
I tried to get the owner interested, I had 4 pubs lined up & he just shook his head. He is too big & ugly to argue with.
We will keep trying.
Oh the guy that got my beer give free haircuts as a trade.
Cheers
Gerard

At starting two new 23 litre batches every week my calculations put yearly "output" at 2392 litres :blink: :excl: :blink: :excl:

PZ.

By my calculations, I have made 22 x 20 litre batches in the last 12 months, so 440 litres.

Starting to have trouble keeping my kegs full now the quality is good, so my "big batch" brewing partner Adrian and I are going to build a 100 litre system for our session ales.

just bottled (Sun.) my 10th 23L batch for the year.

Jeezus! just counted: 33 batches this year!

30 x 23 litres and 3 x 20 litres.

:chug:

6 brews till March this year, one shattered elbow, and no further brewing to date. Kegs are empty and my stockpiled bottle reserves a shadow of their former selves.

My "to brew" list is now about a km long, and thanks to reading this forum and seeing the many innovations, my plans for bigger and better brewing exceeding likely budgets. Itching to get back into it hopefully by end of October, and will brew 1-2 per week for at least 5 weeks to get supplies back into the black...

About 300 litres in 2005 so far. theres about 80 litres in storage at the moment

I started homebrewing for the first time on 24th May 2005.

In the 3 months to date I have brewed 10 batches.
I have bottled about 240 long necks (with another 30 going in tonight) and drunk at about 100 of them

:D

johnno said:
Only started brewing in May this year and I didn't hink I done that much but when I checked I done 8 * 23 Litre brews and I * 11.5 litre. 3 of these were 2 ginger beers and 1 cider. Still brewing stuff though. I was suprised, but nicely suprised. hehe
It really all adds up doesnt it.

cheers B)
[post="9632"][/post]​

My set up use's 50lt kegs and I've produced about 230lt so far this year. The year ain't over yet and I plan to double my out put from 23lt batches to 46lt with an old 80ltr keg that I'm currently converting into a boiler.

I've found that I sometimes drink less because I prefer to savour what I've made and tend to let it last. Weird I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back