How Much Have You Brewed This Year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many litres of beer have you brewed in '03

• Under 100 litres (I'm new to brewing/getting back into it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 - 250 litres (didn't have enough time)

• 250 - 500 litres (not enough fermenters/bottles)

• 500 - 750 litres (I like variety ok)

• 750 - 1000 litres (Just pacing myself. nice and steady)

• 1000 - 1500 litres (Summer was hot and I was quite thirsty)

• 1500 - 2000 litres (I've got a big family alright)

• 2000 + litres (I've started selling the stuff/opening a micro)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I've just done a tally on what I've brewed this year.
I'm sitting on around 1000 litres brewed this from 41 brews.

That is a scary thought. Around 20 litres a week. I had quite a bit of help during the rugby season and world cup though.

Beers,
Doc

yeah i brewed 300litre in about 6 months. About one brew every week and a half.

My Name IS Wedge and I Have a Problem :)

Played strong fellas, done fine (as Jack Gibson used to say). I thought I was bad (certainly my wife does) and so far I've only brewed 290 litres this year. Obviously I'm not even trying. You blokes are an inspiration... :lol:

My name is Shawn and I have (marginally less of) a problem...

Shawn.

Your a mob of girls !!!!
I brew 64 Lt a week !!!!
:chug: :chug: :chug:

Easy answer

not enough,

not nearly enough,

it's never enough!!!

What was the question???

Good Day
I was a bit surprised when I did the sums and found that I have brewed 56 22L
batches this year. However I usually mash two lots at once and this only adds about 30 minutes to the brew day.
I better start drinking some of it.

Ok, I have to ask Jeff.

At 64 litres a week has it moved from a hobby to an obsession ?
Or are you brewing stouts etc and it is your only source of food :lol:

Doc

five batches (or was it six??) about 20+ ltr each. no, not nearly enough. getting the hang of it though so things should improve/increase.
joe

Jesus, guys. based on what you guys brew/drink, I'm going to invest in the liver transplant black market, because it's obviously going to be a growth industry!

I have brewed 20 batches this year for about 460L of beer. Not a gob-smacking amount, but enough to supply myself and any household guests all year without having to buy one case of commercial beer. I'm happy with that! :D

- Snow

14 batches, around 300 ltrs, all batches were different recipies. Will probably start repeating some of the better ones next year. Haven't done a wheat yet, will try this as soon as I'm more comfortable with propagating liquid yeasts.

I estimate about 200 litres. Not nearly enough time as well as some bad brews early in the year dampening my enthusiasm, meaning I didn't brew enough even when I had time... My partial mashes are improving now, so I have enthusiasm by th bucket load, but now that Summer's here I have a 23C brewing room :( 23 should be OK for Belgian Dark Ales, so I might put on one or two during the summer to mellow out for autumnal imbibement.

41 brews for 900 l. BUT, I had no stocks at the start of the year and I now have about 300 l in bottles and conditioning containers, so I only drank 600l. That makes me feel much better.

How many brews have I done?
How much have I spent on my AG set-up

Somethings are better not spoken about in this house
:ph34r: :ph34r:

only 19 brews this year
but ive got my figure to look after. :blink: :D

Only started brewing in May this year and I didn't hink I done that much but when I checked I done 8 * 23 Litre brews and I * 11.5 litre. 3 of these were 2 ginger beers and 1 cider. Still brewing stuff though. I was suprised, but nicely suprised. hehe
It really all adds up doesnt it.

cheers B)

I reckon this is a great thread. Maybe around December each year the AHBers can tally up and put the amount they have brewed over the last 12 months.
Admins, any chance of making this a sticky thread, then just before Chrissie each year we can add up everyones brews and see how many litres we've made and enjoyed, shared with family friends etc.
Just a thought. We may be pleasantly suprised at the amount. :D :D

cheers

Not sure if my liver would like to know johno.... maybe a bit more than "accepted" by the general public :)

I missed this thread initially, so I'll post my tally to date.....

My first brew ever was on the 10th of January this year and since then, have done 29 batches totalling approx.

680 litres :D

tha last 7 batches have been AG.

Thanks to all the people on this forum and the guys at Goliath for their advice and inspiration

Cheers,

Crispy

As I said once before

Somethings should never be tallied up

This is one of them , as well as "how much did you spend on brewing this year?"

Batz :ph34r: :blink:

Batz i agree, BUT when i see CRISPY!!!!! has 680Lt so far! that makes me feel great, :) in light of that i am far from a alco!

(crispy..... you need help :) to drink all that dam beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back