How Much Have You Brewed This Year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many litres of beer have you brewed in '03

• Under 100 litres (I'm new to brewing/getting back into it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 - 250 litres (didn't have enough time)

• 250 - 500 litres (not enough fermenters/bottles)

• 500 - 750 litres (I like variety ok)

• 750 - 1000 litres (Just pacing myself. nice and steady)

• 1000 - 1500 litres (Summer was hot and I was quite thirsty)

• 1500 - 2000 litres (I've got a big family alright)

• 2000 + litres (I've started selling the stuff/opening a micro)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasnt till I checked me logbook that I realised I have made a fair bit of beer this year, though nowhere near as impressive as most. I've done 18 23L batches and 8 AG batches at between 8 and 10L each time. So thats somewhere between 4 and 500L. I guess the people that tally up the drinking figures for each country dont read AHB, cause last year I think Aussies averaged in at 90L per person per year. Alot of people out there must be letting the team down. If it wasnt for you lot, the aussie average would be around 25L a year. Full points guys, at 20 to 64L :blink: a week, yer doing us proud.
Trent

according to my calculations i have made around 280L this year (since june) in 5 batches, all of them full mash recipes and at least 5.5%

they have been done with a mate from uni so thats still 140L each, enough to get me through summer, just.

next year i plan to brew as much as the uni timetable and my brewing lecturer will allow, hopefully around 700L, in addition to the cider (9%+) we intend to make as soon as the apples come into season.

it will be a very cheap and interesting year next year if it all goes to plan.

WOW i have brewed about 700l of beer, im quite proud of myself! :lol:

i am just a minnow compared to some of you blokes.
i have brewed aroung 240L

I'm waiting till the end of the year to tally up.

I have not kept records - but - did my first all Grain on Anzac Day in front a dozen fellow AHB Forum readers - with some good help i might add.
Since then - i have brewed 7 AG batches - incl 3 double batches so that equals 240 litres AG.
I have brewed on average a batch and a bit a fortnight = 18 x 22ltrs = 396ltrs
I have been mentoring three others who are new to home brewing so have brewed approx 10 batches with them = another 220 ltrs.

So the scary part is that is over 800ltrs - will/should crack the 1000 ltrs by the end of teh year.

i sometimes feel that the amount you brew can be judged by the growing girth. <_<

big d said:
i sometimes feel that the amount you brew can be judged by the growing girth. <_<
So true big d.

AHB brewers.
Its that time of the year again. Tally up time.
Now where is that blasted brewlog of mine.

Just done the tally and I have done 30 All Grain brews this year.
With an average brew length of 24 litres that makes 720 litres.
I reckon I may still get another couple of brews in before 2005 so will be pushing 800 litres.

Beers,
Doc

i will be very curious as to how much ive brewed johnno.havent gone through my notes yet but know for a fact ive ordered over 200 kg of grain this fiscal year.the little brewery is going most days off when not at work (four on four off) so im guessing it will be my record brewing year.

cheers
big d

Sorry guys. 400 l for the calendar year. Feel like I'm letting the side down, but I just dont get through it like I used to. Need to get some thirstier mates.

18 brews for me. All at least 20 litres.

cheers

Sometimes it's better not to count ! :huh:

Batz :ph34r:

Well, here it is....

39 Batches, 17 of which have been AG

for a total of approx....

920 Litres.. :eek:

and I havent brewed for the last 6 weeks.... :lol: , coulda cracked the 1000, bugger!

Gone from K+K to AG + Kegs, it's been a fun year, thanks to everyone who has helped

Have a great Chrismas brewers

Cheers,

Crispy

One more brew next week will make 25 batches & 635L. In the 8 months I have been AG: 22 batches 570L

20 Brews -8 all grain - total of around 400L

Lost my ag cherry the same day as Crispy, but not had the stamina to keep up with him :eek:
Mind you, in 2005 wee stu's brury will be all mine, and I won't be reliant on the availability of borrowed equipment - so productivity should increase.

To noobs on the site feeling totally bamboozled by the all grain stuff, don't fret - it does all become clear, and if you want to go that way you can do it. If I can, there is hope for all of us.

Next year I think the kegging will start. After 3 hours of preparing, sanitising, bulk priming, bottling and capping a half volume batch earlier this week I think I am finally seeing the light. Of course, I'll be looking for guidance and assistance along this route too, so sorry guys (and I'm including all the usual suspects ;) ) expect more requests for help along the way.

Like crispy says - thank's to everyone who has helped along the way, AHB is home to a great community of brewers.

I

I'm a kits and bits brewer looking to move into AG early next year.

45 batches this year. Total of approx. 1035L.

ye gods - i never realised how small my operation was [must try to explain this as a positive to my wife] something in the order of 7 brews this year - along with a few joint ones with the pyssedas buddies - out of interest how many litres do people have in storage - while the page is about a month out of date - this gives a rough idea of what we have lying around - approx 169 litres - http://www.geocities.com/pyssedas/inventory.html

christmas beers and cheers to all
PHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back