Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again buddy. Ordered on Saturday and they got here this morning. Rarely get this kind of service from anyone else. :kooi:

I reckon the damn postie stole my magnet though. :ph34r:

Pm the addie and I'll replace it mate.. Sorry, thought you had one, nearly at an end of those sadly.. For now

Received my hops yesterday from Yob, same day my ebay vacuum sealer arrived!
I bet you can guess what I spent yesterday arvo playing with :super:

Might have got carried away considering how much I'm able to brew at the moment but so much choice with the hops that it's crazy not to chuck them all in the order.

How good do they look :icon_drool2:

Taking recipes/directions/ideas as how I should go with Mosaic and Horizon, haven't had much to do with these two. (or even if you guys see some other good combinations with this lot, let me know!)

Cheers!

WP_20130820_001 (Medium).jpg

fishy said:
Received my hops yesterday from Yob, same day my ebay vacuum sealer arrived!
I bet you can guess what I spent yesterday arvo playing with :super:

Might have got carried away considering how much I'm able to brew at the moment but so much choice with the hops that it's crazy not to chuck them all in the order.

How good do they look :icon_drool2:

Taking recipes/directions/ideas as how I should go with Mosaic and Horizon, haven't had much to do with these two. (or even if you guys see some other good combinations with this lot, let me know!)

Cheers!
Mosaic plays very well with Citra, Cascade, Galaxy and those sort of hops. It's a soft, fruity melony, berry like bitterness, rather than the ubiquitous citrus or passionfruit of most other 'fruity' hops.

Works very well in a 10 minute APA/IPA.

Horizon appears to be one of those 'neutral' bittering hops. Maybe if you were using it as the 60 minute bittering addition and then a massive whack of mosaic, citra, cascade, galaxy, simcoe, amarillo and the like at 10 minutes.

The great thing with cheap hops - you can hop bomb to your heart's content.

I use Horizon as a substitute for Amarillo.

Crack a pack of Horizon open, smell it, and you'll probably be stunned that it's almost exclusively used for bittering. It's a super clean bittering hop (possibly the cleanest bittering hop around), but is officially classified as a dual purpose hop (both bittering and flavour/aroma). Horizon is extremely high in flavour/aroma oils. Note this list of hops ranked by total myrcene oil content - Horizon is second only to Amarillo and it actually has a higher total beta oil content per gram.

It's not a 100% substitute for Amarillo (what is?), it's kind of "woody/earthy" as well as fruity. I can only describe it as a like a 75/25 mix between Amarillo and Fuggles. Fuggarillo? Amaruggles? Definitely more American fruity than English earthy, but the earthiness definitely comes through. I like it. I think it ends up tasting more complex than just a straight up tropical fruit bomb.

slash22000 said:
.... Definitely more American fruity than English earthy, but the earthiness definitely comes through. I like it. I think it ends up tasting more complex than just a straight up tropical fruit bomb.
This.

I'm strongly of the opinion after making lots of fruit salads, that an earthy, spicey, piney hop bring a massive extra dimension to a 'fruit hopped' beer.

I might see if I have some horizon and give it a crack in an IPA.

With everything else going on lately, Ive also managed to secure a very limited stock of Tomahawk and Zythos, listed this morning at some ungodly hour,

It isn't currently available in 450g lots, if sufficient demand for larger bags is desired (please let me know if this is the case) I can look into getting a supply of increased volumes. ED: I will be listing a small amount of Falconers Flight in the next day or so on in both 450g and 110g, this also will be limited stock.

Cheers

....Zythos :icon_drool2:

Zythos and Falconer's Flight are a bit of a conundrum to me. I don't like that I don't know what I'm actually adding to the beer. I know that both of them are famously delicious blends of hops, it just feels weird using them. Like if I was making a pie with "mystery meat". :p

slash22000 said:
Zythos and Falconer's Flight are a bit of a conundrum to me. I don't like that I don't know what I'm actually adding to the beer. I know that both of them are famously delicious blends of hops, it just feels weird using them. Like if I was making a pie with "mystery meat". :p
*Johnny tap voice* Falconer's Flight on the home stretch and he comes dead last.....

The A keg Ive got tapped ATM is made up of my own blend of Calypso, Mosaic and Simcoe, couldnt tell you how much of each, was a 230g blended "dust" bag and I dumped the lot in @ 10 min... or was it @ whilpool... :blink:

:drinks:

agree, not knowing is a bit nerve wracking but then again, not knowing is kinda exciting :lol:

Awesome. x2 bags of Zythos ordered.

Can't wait to check this hop out.

Cheers,

Hmmm, with over 3kg of hops in the freezer, I was unsure whether to make another hop purchase.

I think I am now an official hops hoarder :)

Now to find the time to brew all the recipes I want to make.

Yob said:
Pm the addie and I'll replace it mate.. Sorry, thought you had one, nearly at an end of those sadly.. For now
Just stirring mate. With the pathetic amount of brewing I'm getting to do at the moment ( <_< :() you'll probably have the next lot ready by the time I order next.

Thanks again for the mega awesome service and handling. I couldn't smell a thing from outside the packaging. ;)

Package arrived today thanks Yob. Another magnet to the collection!

Still Working on the Site upgrade.. with any luck it wont be too far off, Im not getting much time to get right into it.

Update1.JPG

Latest posts

Back