Has Robobrew overtaken Grainfather for product price point?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anything other than a 50L braumeister that can do double batches? I would like to upgrade from the old urn, but not for something that is still limited to 23L.

my question i would asking myself ..can i get spare parts,warranty compliance.,does the unit meet australian standards.and can i return the unit if unhappy :icon_offtopic:

They both serve their purpose, I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. I personally have no experience with either but the one thing I'll say is that the GF has it all over the Robo in the way of marketing every bloody brew shop I've been to has posters and catalogues of 'The Anatomy of the Grainfather' bloody everywhere.

Advertising makes it cost more !

What you get after spending your hard earned, and regards to quality and longevity

word of mouth sells products not expensive ad's...... if it's good you tell someone and if it's crap you tell more people

That's true, but for anyone who walks into a brew shop, looking at AG brewing, are bombarded by glossy adverts and a nice shiny Grainfather sitting before them. I have never once seen an advert for Robobrew or a unit in any local brew shop. There are many uneducated people who may want to get into AG brewing who may be easily swayed by this approach.

Very true, The power of marketing.

If you look at any hobby people will buy equipment on a hunch so to speak,. And when they figure it out they buy what they need.

Word of mouth works for the people that want to listen.

I guess it will grab more of the hipsters who are riding the next fad.
Thats why I built my own system as I love my hobbies and DIY.

how many liquid L's are in the GF and RB malt pipes ?

23.7L for the GF and 21.3 for the Robo from what I have read elsewhere.

I have a Robobrew, originally just for ag whisky mashing, while it has some design flaws it has taken a fair bit of punishment since I bought it, I recently used a Grain Father and for the money I would go a Robobrew, unless I had a heap then I would go a Braumeister(which I have also used). Just so you know I have only made beer with the Robobrew, the others were Whisky mash's.

My opinion won't matter as I neither, but if I did I would GF, from watching videos and stuff, it just seems a bit better thought out in terms of use.

If your just getting into home brewing it's all about the money. Robobrew and a keg set-up for the price of a Grainfather. What do you think you would choose?

Both will turn out beers you possibly can't tell apart.

I got a secondhand BM at a fantastic price thanks to the grainfather and robobrew arriving on the market! My vote is to get a lightly used 20litre BM at a grainfather price. Worked for me!

i was given one as a gift .all i have done is cleaned it.to me it's a waste of time compared to biab..less cleaning

Bridges said:
I got a secondhand BM at a fantastic price thanks to the grainfather and robobrew arriving on the market! My vote is to get a lightly used 20litre BM at a grainfather price. Worked for me!
thats a pretty limited market though :)

Back