Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaunous said:
Well i'll be throwing 3 beers at the show, 2 will be under-carbed and green (only bottled them last Wednesday) and the other is my first AG ever that I still have bottles from. But either way im keen for the catch-up and the beers :beerbang:
Nice.
I'm only entering 1 due to piss poor timing.
I've rushed this one a tad too to get it ready for the show.
I normally crash chill for 7 days but only did this one for 3 days & dry hopped as time was running out.
I'll be dropping off some extras for anyone that wants a sample on tasting night. I can't make it unfortunately.
Sounds as though it will be a great night & looks like there will be quite a few entries.

Crusty said:
Nice.
I normally crash chill for 7 days but only did this one for 3 days & dry hopped as time was running out.
I'll be dropping off some extras for anyone that wants a sample on tasting night. I can't make it unfortunately.
Sounds as though it will be a great night & looks like there will be quite a few entries.
Yeh I rushed mine also. Wasnt untill Matt sent that message saying only 15days till judging night that I realised how close it was.

Also I wont knock back a sample :lol:

Does the showground have a camping area attached? I was thinking of rolling out the swag.

Lincoln2 said:
Does the showground have a camping area attached? I was thinking of rolling out the swag.
Um, dont think so. But its pretty big, they'd be hard to find u sleeping under one of the tree's or speedway cars around :)

I'd let u stay at mine Linc but its a high chance I wont make it out home and will be staying at the parents just down the road.

They have camping there. Or stay at pub. You could share a room with Bribie and split the cost.

Is the pub within an easy walk from & to the showground?

Sure is, but people have been known to run you over and take off when leaving pubs around here :ph34r:

Ducatiboy stu said:
Judging kicks off at 7pm....so prob drag a half charged Bribe & spork in about 6:30
There will be a 'peoples choice' component that each attendee will be invited to partake in, so bring your palettes along in pristine condition! (you can charge them later at the pub if required.....)

And we will have a sausage sizzle afterwards.

Crusty said:
Nice.
Good stuff Crusty. I have let them know you will be dropping in some extra tasters.

Lincoln2 said:
There is a camping area attached, so should not be a problem.

Hey guys, I might try to get a couple of beers sent up there by the weekend- how many bottles of each must be sent? (I use 450ml Grolsch swing tops?

skelly22 said:
Hey guys, I might try to get a couple of beers sent up there by the weekend- how many bottles of each must be sent? (I use 450ml Grolsch swing tops?
PM sent

You wouldn't want to share a room with me, I fart like a brewery dray horse. Rooms are available at Roches Hotel (n.b. not the Roach Hotel, that's a cockroach bait :p ) from $40 and a good range of brews at the bar. That's where I'll be sleeping coma-ing.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Show ground is easy walking xistance...prob 10mins at most.
Yeah!
10mins to the showground & about 2hrs walk back you drunken yahoos! ( insert wish i was here quote )

Buddy you best walk home backwards this time with blinking lights on, and sorry forgot to send you down test drinks bloody nice.

Back