Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waggastew said:
Looks like a great comp, just checked the entry forms etc. Will rustle through stocks to see if there is something I can send up. Is there a postal address we can send too?

On a side note, wondering if you have any 17 and under entries? Gotta love the stock show entry forms!
Thanks Stew,

PM me for a mailing address so we can look out for the entry, and store it properly prior to the judging. The under 17 part of the entry form is stock standard, but it is possible for this scenario to occur for a non alcoholic ginger beer entry - so it was left in (and if it was removed from the form, you can bet there would be an entry requiring it). Until this year, there was a class for non alcoholic cider which in the past must have been frequented.

Thanks to HPA (Hop Products Australia) for being a supporter of the Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition.

We have one entry that we know about coming from Tasmania - and have been advised that the submitted brew will contain the flavours and aroma's from some freshly picked Galaxy hop cones from HPA. Just one of the perks of having a HPA plantation a couple of minutes down the road!

Cant wait for Tasting Night :)

U got any brews going in Matt? I'm pushing for time here but hopefully should have a couple.

shaunous said:
Cant wait for Tasting Night :)

U got any brews going in Matt? I'm pushing for time here but hopefully should have a couple.
Not sure yet, it is in the hands of the gods.

sp0rk said:
Wish I could make tasting night :(
What could you possibly have on that is more important??

Big thanks to Keg King for being a supporter of the Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition. If you are reading this, chances are you know and own Keg King brewing products already.

Some of the entrants in this years show will be using the new Keg King counterfiller to get beer from keg to bottle while keeping oxygen out of the brew.

There will be some Keg King equipment on display at the show.

Check out their website at www.kegking.com.au

10176258_1483221695229677_7864200776487773072_n.png

Thanks to New England Brewing Company for being a supporter of the Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition.

They were conceived in early 2012 and brew beer for the New England...with the range now available at the Coffs Harbour Cellarbrations Bottle Shop at the Jetty.

Their brewery & bar is located in an old woolshed in Uralla (about 20 minutes south of Armidale), which may explain why their logo is a flying ram.

They have a Pale Ale, A Brown Ale, A Blonde, and a Dark Ale - all in longnecks.

www.newenglandbrewing.com.au

IMG11257.JPG

The picture above is one of a few that made it to Grafton after a trip to Armidale earlier in the year.

I've been meaning to visit these blokes for a while. If I can combine it with a trout/cod fishing and goat/deer shooting trip - hell yeah. (Not necessarily in that order.)

Lincoln2 said:
I've been meaning to visit these blokes for a while. If I can combine it with a trout/cod fishing and goat/deer shooting trip - hell yeah. (Not necessarily in that order.)
I'll join ya Linc, just bought a few new lures and own to many guns. Date and time and I'm there :)

Don't forget to remember that entries for the Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition will need to be in soon! 15 days to be exact.....

Entries can be delivered in person at the Grafton Showground Pavilion on the 1st & 2nd of May, with judging taking place on the 3rd of May.

You can also have these delivered by mail or courier beforehand - contact for details on how to do this.

10152048_1485054205046426_3037002247440862856_n.png

Hey Matt,
in the entry form, there's a bit about bottle presentation?
I assume this is labels or whatnot?
Sadly I didn't get time to make some and just wrote initials for what each bottle is on the entry sheet and on the bottle caps :(

A label is purely optional. If your bottles are clean and you don't use a rusty bottle cap all is good.....

If the bottle was not capped properly, and there was beer dribbling down the neck you would lose 'points' on presentation, though in this situation, presentation would be the least of your problems.

So nothing to worry about Sp0rk!

I will update these details in next years program.

Awesome,
Thanks again to Shaunous, he picked my entries up about an hour ago
Hopefully I've filled the forms out correctly...
Also it looks like I'll make the tasting night, I'm looking at taking the train up and staying with a mate that lives near the train station :)

I filled one of my entries up with a pluto gun this morning, here's hoping it doesn't oxidize too much in the next week

Yay Spork

Is the tasting night the same thing as the judging night? Saturday 3rd?

If so then I can pick you up as I intend to be there and stay over in a pub. Should be a good night.

Bribie.

Do you want me to organise a pub room at my local. Prob be $40/room.

And they have Celebration,Pale Ale,Mild,Guiness...and really good food.

I am going to twist Sporks ( SWMBO ) arm as well.

Not sure what Shaunus is up to... But I want to get drunk with him

http://www.roches.com.au/

:)

Sounds brilliant, pls PM - I was looking at a 90 dollar joint but that's fifty towards a brew or few . :)

I wasn't aware that Sp0rk was your SWMBO but that's perfectly alright in this modern era in which we live B)

Well...if Spork, his SWMBO, Shaunus and his SHMBO are going to make a night of it I shall hit them up for the cottage, which is basically a house as part of the pub. Need to get numbers in early.

Back