Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Hi All,

The 2014 Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition is just around the corner, with beer judging taking place on Saturday 3rd May.

The program will be published shortly, and if you entered last year this will be sent to you automatically.

Have setup a new Facebook page that will promote the event - can those that use FB please visit the page and 'Like' it. This will then allow the url to be shortened once the 'Like quota' is met.

Currently: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grafton-Show-Home-Brewing-Competition/1453601994858314?fref=ts

Thanks & happy brewing.

GSHBCLogo.png

Ducatiboy stu said:
Old Jack will still be chief steward I presume...
Jack is still involved but asked a couple of years back to take a less active role in the organisation of the event.

In saying that, he is still passionate about the competition, and last year manned the show display for most of the 2 days.

If you have a few brews to enter, this is the year. Last year, the all grain entries came from outside of Grafton! This year is expected to have the highest number of all grain entries in the shows history.

At least it has moved on from just a few blokes doing kits.

I entered some AG beers a few years ago...was the only entrant, and won a few tins of Coopers...rather ironic I thought

I might have to send up a couple of bottles to be entered, I don't think I'll be bothering with the Coffs Show comp this year

do you have a pdf format for the comp details?

sp0rk said:
I might have to send up a couple of bottles to be entered, I don't think I'll be bothering with the Coffs Show comp this year
Please do!

I'll enter something, I better get brewing again. Think there is a few of us younger folk going to enter jerky, biltong and chutneys.

Pratty1 said:
do you have a pdf format for the comp details?
It's coming Pratty, just waiting on some sponsor artwork to be finalised. PM me with your email address, and I will send you through the pages with the competition details on it.

Passed the Facebook link onto some Grafton people, I don't do Facebook.

shaunous said:
Passed the Facebook link onto some Grafton people, I don't do Facebook.
Thanks Shaunous! Still have the empty bottle from last years competition to return to you.

Brew Matt said:
Thanks Shaunous! Still have the empty bottle from last years competition to return to you.
Only taken us nearly a year. I'll get it off you at the show :)

sp0rk said:
Hmmm, I might have to do up some jerky too
May as well enter anything, even if it isn't the best jerky you've made, good to keep the numbers up, specially the numbers of the younger generation entering things, that being anyone under the age of 55 :lol:

Hey Matty, and idea why the show ground site has goneski's?

What date do we need to have the brews entered?

shaunous said:
Hey Matty, and idea why the show ground site has goneski's?

What date do we need to have the brews entered?
Home Brewing Exhibits may be delivered to the Pavilion from Thursday 1st May to the close date of Friday 2nd May 2014 6pm. Judging takes place on the 3rd May.

Not sure about the show ground site.

Can u remember to categories Matt?

Damn annoying the Grafton Shows webpage is gone.

Back