Get into O2 guys, if you're serious about nicer beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can I find the method for testing it with methylene blue? I have some of it and am curious about giving it a go.

I'll be doing some methylene blue testing in the next few weeks to validate the results of the oxygenation method I've been working on, I'll post the results so you can see how it works.

Is the oxygenation technique that won't require an O2 bottle? If it is, I'm mighty keen to see the results of that.

Then the ad is incomplete. It does oxygen.

Then the ad is incomplete. It does oxygen.
Cool thanks for that mtb & Batz
Has it got o2 stamped on it by any chance
Cant remember the argument all that time ago but I think it should be stamped could be wrong
If it is o2 compatable sounds like a good option cheers

Cool thanks for that mtb & Batz
Has it got o2 stamped on it by any chance
Cant remember the argument all that time ago but I think it should be stamped could be wrong
If it is o2 compatable sounds like a good option cheers
It isn't stamped with anything besides the max operating pressure.
My Micromatic CO2 regulator also isn't stamped with anything to indicate it can handle CO2 though.

Is the oxygenation technique that won't require an O2 bottle? If it is, I'm mighty keen to see the results of that.

I have finally lodged the provisional patent, so I can reveal a little more of what I'm doing. New thread.

I'm looking for beta testers, first in best dressed.

Edit: Beta testing slots now filled.

Last edited:
and what do you think the difference is between 'industrial' and 'medical' oxygen?
O2 is O2 is O2.
aint nothing growing in there, and they aint adding or removing any 'magic' from the industrial version

medical oxygen just requires a higher level of traceability and likely an extra decimal point worth of guarantee in its purity (i.e 99.999% v 99.9999%)

Medical or aviation O2 is dryer than industrial O2. That’s the only real difference and yes it comes with a certificate of conformity in most cases

does anyone know if these mini regs are available in Melbourne , (retail) tried local total tools and supagas ..
supagas wanted $66 .. wanted to get by the weekend ..if not will wait for postage from WA I suppose

Can anyone help me decide on an appropriate O2 reg for the Bunnings Coregas bottle, i think this should do the job?
CigWeld cutskill at total tools (couldn't find them online at Bunnings)

Did you get one Gout? Otherwise I maybe able to help you out.

Did you get one Gout? Otherwise I maybe able to help you out.
Hi Batz, yeah I grabbed one from just tools... Not the CIG one but a michigan branded O2 reg, it was $20 cheaper.

The first brew I did with O2 has raced down in gravity and seems to have overcome my high finishing gravity problem. So all in all it's been worth the investment as far as I can tell. I should have enough O2 to last a lifetime

How much of a novice? A little background would be helpful so we can give you the right information. Do you know about making sure yeast has enough oxygen? Are you familiar with some of the methods of making oxygen available to the yeast? Also, if you're just starting out brewing, pay attention to using a proper amount of healthy yeast and control of fermentation temperature before you worry too much about oxygenation. O2 is a great help, but not if you don't have the basics down first.

I went a slightly cheaper route, I won't know how cost effective it is until the bottle runs out. It's been some time though, about 50 batches in so far.

Cheap reg: http://www.mybeershop.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=202

Disposable bottle: https://www.bunnings.com.au/tradeflame-930ml-oxygen-gas-cartridge_p5910241

My current bottle has had the reg attached but in the closed position between brews for 9 months now, if it were leaking I'd say it'd be empty by now. So the reg gets my vote.

Then you just need some tubing and a diffusion stone. All up around $90 for the lot, cheaper if you can find that reg on ebay like I did.

I use the same gear, works great and not much to outlay upfront.

Awesome, then i will pull the trigger tomorrow. Thank you

Lionman, its a lot of gas, but i already have CO2, and Argoshield all on a similar non rental bottle swap deal and it lasts me ages but has been good for me. I think the O2 should also be good value.

That said i have a large shed and brew shed so room is not an issue - if it was then things might be different

You will never use all that gas in a life time, unless you get a leak. The disposable bottles hold enough that I shouldn't have to replace it for a few years. Its better for me as its smaller and easier to store.

How does this work sorry I’m a novice

I think it works buy providing yeast oxygen during their growth phase, which allows the yeast to build to bigger healthier cell count, which leads to faster, cleaner and more complete fermentation. If you're pitching a lot of yeast, like pitching on yeast cake, i dont think its needed.

I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Back