Funky Beer Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Q - Cherry Flanders Red or B. Claussenii Saison - Vic - Confirmed
3. Voota - Kriek Lambic or Orval(ish) - Vic
4. Neonmeate - Confirmed
5. Stuster - Confirmed
6. Kook - Confirmed
7. jonw. - Orvalish - Confirmed
8. Pmolou- Vic - Confirmed
9. Kabooby - Confirmed
11. Thirsty - Confirmed
12. BConnery - Confirmed

Bottled mine last weekend. Should be ready to drink on arrival.

What are the NSW guys dong about shipping?

Cheers,

Jon

What are the NSW guys dong about shipping?

Good to hear you are in.

I presume you've probably read the last page or so of the thread but if you've missed it, kabooby is organising a bulk courier send, contact him asap and hope he hasn't already sent it.
Cheers
Q

Not sent already.

I think neonmate is going to be dropping his beers off at Stuster's and I was going to pick them up from there. Hopefully early next week.

You can either get them to Stuster or get them to me. Looking at sending them on Monday week so the beers wont be sitting on a truck over the weekend.

Send me a pm for my address if you are dropping them to me

Cheers
Kabooby :)

My box of 9 beers was sent today via Auspost Parcel service. Should arrive within 4-10 business days. Cost $34.10.

Quick note - after Thursday I won't have email again till 6th December. If by some chance the beer doesn't turn up by 4th December, or bottles are damaged in transit, just count me out :)

Received Kooks beers today, packed very well I might add :)

Everyone else on track?

Cheers
Q

Received Kooks beers today, packed very well I might add :)

Everyone else on track?

Cheers
Q

Just waiting for jonw and neonmate to reply to my pm this morning :rolleyes:

At this stage I will send mine on Monday. That way they won't be sitting in a truck or warehouse over the weekend

Probably bottle mine in the next week or so - will be at your by the cut off date.

all labelled up and ready to go , stuster will be receiving em tomorrow if all goes according to plan

The beers of Stuster, Neonmate, and Kabooby left this morning on a courier. Should be there tomorrow.

We sent down 6 beers each for the swap. All of the the other NSW beers we will swap locally.

Stuster and Neonmate included a few extra beers Q for your troubles. I wanted to keep the weight down so I threw in 100g of 3 year old saaz flowers for your next lambic.

Thanks

The beers of Stuster, Neonmate, and Kabooby left this morning on a courier. Should be there tomorrow.

We sent down 6 beers each for the swap. All of the the other NSW beers we will swap locally.

Stuster and Neonmate included a few extra beers Q for your troubles. I wanted to keep the weight down so I threw in 100g of 3 year old saaz flowers for your next lambic.

Thanks

Aww you guys are too kind. Bconnerys turned up this morning, thanks Ben.

Voota has confirmed that he can supply a mixture of lambics, so we have our ten swappers.

Nice work guys

Q

Mine are all packed up and going in the post tomorrow - I've sent six beers; the others I'll swap locally with the Sydney swappers. I also put in a couple of extras: one extra funky beer (funky beers are all green capped marked '7') and a Nelson Sauvin lager (gold cap marked JW NSL.) The extras are obviously for you, Quintrex, for your troubles. All should be ready to drink on arrival, and best drunk soon! I'll open a bottle this weekend and make sure it's carbed up.

I hope they'll be with you on Friday.

Cheers,

Jon

im having my third beer from stuster and i have to say this is a great swap, let's keep up the wildness next year. i myself am planning to go all wild all the time from now on for a while, get some house character going.....

comments for beers start here. (or should we start a new thread? i don't really mind)

have had from stuster:
a fanTASTIC "OA" old ale which was more a brett infused english pale or english IPA. obscenely drinkable, dry, herbal and solidly malty.

an oily and warming and malty but very dry braggot

a dark saison that i mistook for a brett porter. melanoidiny, toasty, vineous, fruity, dry, delicious.

and

i presume his oud bruin/flanders red - very complex, super dry, malty, surprisingly spicily hoppy, notes of redskins, leather and horse (like a western movie)

wow!

Good to hear, we should start a wiki, listing drink after dates.

I've tasted my 1st flanders red today and it tastes good to my tastes, so I think I'll submit that.

My brett saison tastes good, but if I bottle it from the keg I'm unsure how it'll transition. I'd like to include it in the swap but it's an unknown. If anyone would prefer this instead of the FRA, let me know and I'll give you one to try.

How do people want to do the return postage, I'll pack it and then get a quote? than you can eft the postage to me?

Cheers
Q

How do people want to do the return postage, I'll pack it and then get a quote? than you can eft the postage to me?

Quintrex,

Please send mine back with kabobby's/stuster's and I'll arrange to (a) swap them locally with the guys, and ( b ) pay kabooby for sorting out the shipping.

We're having a baby tomorrow, so prolly won't be on line much for a while.

Cheers,

Jon

Quintrex,

Please send mine back with kabobby's/stuster's and I'll arrange to (a) swap them locally with the guys, and ( b ) pay kabooby for sorting out the shipping.

We're having a baby tomorrow, so prolly won't be on line much for a while.

Cheers,

Jon

Not a problem.

Congrats in advance :) , hope all goes well.

Q

Fantastic. Well done, Eve and mother. :super:

Oh, and you too, jon. :icon_cheers:

Fantastic. Well done, Eve and mother. :super:

Oh, and you too, jon. :icon_cheers:

Ok the day of the swap is here :)

Jonw's and the NSW bulk pack arrived yesterday, with little damage that I can see(no broken glass, however there is sticky residue throughout the box).
Thirsty is coming around later and so is pmolou.
I've got to get onto voota to confirm he has enough bottles, otherwise I might have to pad his contribution out with some extra's.

I'll keep you updated and include some photo's.

Cheers
Q

The box should have 6 beers from each of us, 4 stubbies marked Quintrex, and the saaz hops.

Not sure where the sticky come from :unsure: :ph34r:

Kabooby :D

Back