• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: Grain Storage Barrels Melbourne (Eastern Suburbs)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Brew

Reaction score
G-day Brewers,

For sale grain storage barrels. Each barrel holds about 30kg grain, I tend to keep a full sack and a bit in each. I've never had rodent problems since having them and I stack them 3 barrels high. They each come with a lid and a metal clip to hold the lid in place (not really needed). Previously these held tablets in plastic. I've given a few of these away over the years so a few brewers can vouch for them. These barrels don't have bungs in them for taps.

Asking $15 each. Limited supply available. Funding brewing experiments.

I need these gone ASAP. Pickup in North Croydon, 3136 about 10 minutes from the Ringwood bypass on Eastlink.

PM me to arrange pickup time.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

I'm too far away to grab these but would like to know what their volume is? I have seen little blue barrels around, but they seem too small for 30kg. Good luck with the sale :)

These ones are the bomb, I've got a half dozen of them under my bench and they're as solid as you need, as stated above, they hold a full bag of grain + extras.

These fellas will definitely hold 30+ Kg (in fact, they'll hold 1.5 bags each with a bit of room to spare).

Hey MB. Would you do 3 for $50 since you want them gone?

MartinOC said:
These fellas will definitely hold 30+ Kg (in fact, they'll hold 1.5 bags each with a bit of room to spare).

It's 3 for $45.

Ninegrain said:
I'm too far away to grab these but would like to know what their volume is? I have seen little blue barrels around, but they seem too small for 30kg. Good luck with the sale :)
630mm high 340mm wide, with allowance for the barrel shape. Not sure on exact volume but quiet a bit.

MartinOC said:

You mean 4 for $50? And yes I would, if a long neck or two of your own brew was thrown in. :icon_cheers:

I'll grab a couple, i could grab them Friday arvo or Saturday.

Would they fit in the back seat of a commodore or will i need a trailer?

Cheers

lmccrone said:
I'll grab a couple, i could grab them Friday arvo or Saturday.

Would they fit in the back seat of a commodore or will i need a trailer?

Cheers
Yep will fit one on each seat.

If you have any of these left to sell I'll be keen on 4 or so. Cheers!

Where do you generally buy these from? I'd love them but I'm in Perth.

Yep just realised that after reading over the frozen yeast posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back