• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cubes & Buckets - No Chill & Grain Storage [MELBOURNE]

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting about a litre of golden syrup out of my 10 odd cubes last time. Hello saving of $5! ca-ching!

The biscuits have been selling like hot cakes, that means it's CUBES GALORE!!!

Let's see how a super low price moves them, we've got HEAPS! Funds alcoholic camping brewers, what better cause is that?! :p

12L cubes
4 for $10
10 for $20

View attachment 84011

Got a bunch of cubes available again. Finding these HEAPS more manageable than 20L ones. Easier on your back, easier to pour into the FV and are thicker walled than the larger ones.

Sorry but buckets are less common now so mostly unavailable.

View attachment 107048

Finding these HEAPS more manageable than 20L ones. Easier on your back, easier to pour into the FV and are thicker walled than the larger ones.
I really agree... I haven't moved them much, but when I have, the two smaller ones are much easier than the big 20L cube!

On another note, are there any beers in particular the golden syrup won't mix well with? I don't really want to clean any of the cubes before I use them!

Arguably none, but if it was me I'd tend towards more brown Ale and darker beers that really will benefit greatly from some Golden syrup flavour...

Yeah around +0.005 gravity points we've been finding per cube [emoji3][emoji106]

I filled up 4 of these on Friday and got 4 different IPA's. Good stuff :)

Does the golden syrup go off? I have a heap that I haven't filled yet, but got a while ago. Wonder if I should start dumping the wort on top instead of cleaning it out.

I don't find the 20L cubes too bad but the 25L ones I have are a bit of a PITA. I used to use taps on them to transfer the wort to the FV, but they don't fit properly on the new cubes I have because the threads are half a turn shallower than the old cubes :mad:

I filled up 4 of these on Friday and got 4 different IPA's. Good stuff :)

Does the golden syrup go off? I have a heap that I haven't filled yet, but got a while ago. Wonder if I should start dumping the wort on top instead of cleaning it out.
ever seen golden syrup go off in your pantry?
so long as its not sitting out in the open there's no reason for it to i would have though.

i thought it was that kinda thing that got pushed back and forgotten about for few years. i will find mine and report back with the best before date.

There's no best before date on them so can only assume no need to worry?

Back