• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cubes & Buckets - No Chill & Grain Storage [MELBOURNE]

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass
Reaction score
Cubes for No Chill & Buckets for Grain Storage or other generally handy brewery uses.

12 Litre Cubes, food grade, have been rinsed (were brand new containing golden syrup, emptied once only).

$5 each or $20 for 5.

Quantity available: 24

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 Litre buckets, with lid and handle, food grade, have been rinsed (were brand new containing fruit mince/jam, emptied once only).

$5 for 3.

Quantitiy available: 12

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 Litre buckets, with lid and handle, food grade, have been rinsed (were brand new containing coconut oil, emptied once only).

$5 for 2.

Quantitiy available: 12

Pickup details (arrange via PM to myself):

Business Hours: Tullamarine
After Hours / Weekends: Macleod

PS. This is a somewhat charitable cause that funds alcoholic campers in need of homebrew ingredients :)

12L cube.jpg

12L cube compared to a 20L cube.jpg

15L bucket.jpg

20L bucket compared to 15L bucket.jpg

20L buckets.jpg

Correction guys, the cubes are 10L but will hold 11L of hot wort. Used one with a mate today!

1428039119338.jpg

I got a few of these cubes last time and they are top quality, really thick and much better than the big green shed versions, great for splitting batches for experimenting etc..

Tempted with the big buckets mate..

PM sent WallaB - sorry for the delay, thought you had PM'd me :)

STOCK UPDATE: 20L cubes sold for now. Plenty left of the 15L buckets and 12L cubes!!!

Still got plenty 12L cubes and 15L buckets left for those looking to split batches, stovetop BIAB or even boil down high gravity worts!

15L buckets are excellent for grain storage, be venturing into that myself soon on the next grain bulk buy :)

PS. Any guys who have previously bought buckets for grain storage care to report back how much each stores of a 25kg sack. Anyone put them to the test from rodent attempts at getting into them?

I think they'd be fine against rodents. I remember reading on here that to keep rodents away use a few cotton balls dipped in eucalyptus oil around your grain stores. The alternate method is feline hair.

And discard spent grain away from your brewery.

20L bucket brimmed holds exactly half a 25Kg sack

That's about 22L iirc

Midnight Brew said:
The alternate method is feline hair.
My cat wont let me shave it though.....

Which is odd - because I am constantly seeing bald pussies on the internet.

Cheers, fellas. So 3x 15L buckets should do a sack. That's perfect, $5 gets you a full sack of grain storage :)

For no chill 2 smaller cubes are far better than one big one , from the point of view of handling and surface to volume ratio.
They cool down way quicker.

Stock update and some price improvements!!!

5x 20L cubes ($5each)
22x 10L cubes (4 for $15)

5x 20L buckets (2 for $5 or $3 each)
20x 15L buckets (3 for $5)

I wonder if you would be willing if its possible to post to Wollongong area NSW. I know it would cost a bit but I think it could be cost effective for 4 x 10 litre cubes. I cant find any like that anywhere round here. Only blue jerry style ones which I have trouble sealing when near boiling for my experimental 10 litre batches. Might not be worth your trouble but if your really keen to get rid of them and can get 4 of them posted for around $20 I would be keen.

Shoot us a PM mate and we'll try work something out!

Hey guys, with he Melbourne grain bulk buy happening this weekend, people are going to require storage of said grains. We've also got a large stock of the 10L (holds 12L hot wort) cubes too.

Stock update and some price improvements:

5x 20L cubes ($5each)
36x 10L cubes (4 for $15)

20x 15L buckets (3 for $5)

We're quite well stocked at the moment, so let's have a bit of a fire sale to try and move these and get some funds for our upcoming camping trips brewing ingredients!

5x 20L cubes ($5each!!!)

50x 10L cubes (3 for $10!!!)

20x 15L buckets (3 for $5!!!)

10x 20L buckets (2 for $5!!!)

Please specify if you are going to pickup from Tullamarine business hours or Macleod after hours/weekends also, thanks.

Plenty of 10L cubes and 15L buckets, a few 20L cubes also still available!

Bugger! Would love some 10 litre cubes but getting over that side of the city is such a pain from where I am.

Maybe the next case swap you will have some more.

Back