• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS- 40 litre Birko urn 3000W with BIAB wire rack $180- Central Coast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kierent

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my brewing system so selling my urn. I've used this urn for probably 20 BIAB brews and with the wire rack I made to keep the bag off the element it works a charm. It's a 3000W element so heats up very quickly- usually less than 25 min to get up to mash temps and another 20 or so to get to a rolling boil. Easily holds a rolling boil, even brewing outside in winter. Very clean, in excellent condition.
I've written approximate volumes on the outside but they can be removed easily if you'd prefer.

I don't remember what I paid (2nd hand from a catering supply shop) but they retail for $312. Probably a bit bulky for Auspost but if you want to organise a courier feel free. I can find some cardboard and bubble wrap to wrap it up in.

Open to offers if they're reasonable.
WlFC4Fgl.jpg

W3kyyp9l.jpg

epsvK3Nl.jpg

aUZfRJkl.jpg

BYzovOYl.jpg

Thats a brilliant price. Much better than the price I've paid for my two crown urns in the past. The power of the element is a significant selling point of its own!

Yeah I paid a lot more when I bought it Alex and it does boil really well. Wynnum, yes it has a 15amp plug but the person I bought it off had ground the earth pin down to fit a 10amp outlet. I did use it in a 10amp outlet for a few brews but ended up getting a 15 amp put in when we had renos.

pm sent with offer to buy.

What are you planning to upgrade to? Maybe I can offer a swap?

Grounding the earth pin down to fit a 10amp outlet is probably not the best way to use in a 10 amp short extension lead with 15 amp socket is easier to cover up and less permanent.

My upgrade is more of a side-grade. I'm planning to get a 40L concealed element urn that will be multi-purpose BIAB and reflux still. Apparently it's not a great idea to distill with an exposed element because the yeast can burn so I'm swapping this urn for a concealed element.

Grounding the earth pin down to fit a 10amp outlet is probably not the best way to use in a 10 amp short extension lead with 15 amp socket is easier to cover up and less permanent.
Yeah I agree wynnum. Not my choice though, previous owner.

I'm not sure how to edit my opening post but I'm pretty firm on price after looking around and seeing how much the 3000W model is worth and how hard it is to get one. I think $180 is a fair price and $100 less than the best price I can find on the lower powered urn I'll be buying once I sell.

Latest posts

Back