Free open course on the chemistry of beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zarniwoop said:
It's all lies! When I went to uni I was promised beer and half naked women and drugs :beerbang: , all I got was a bunch of geeky engineers simultaneously drooling and running away from anything with even close to two x chromosomes. :icon_drool2:
Never went to Uni, just going on my experiences with Uni girls at Uni night back in the day. Uni boys never did any good, but the Uni girls liked the tradies. Still do apparently.
Looks like we are starting a band, probablynathan is the singer. :D (paybacks for calling me LargerBomb). :ph34r:

Never went to Uni, just going on my experiences with Uni girls at Uni night back in the day. Uni boys never did any good, but the Uni girls liked the tradies. Still do apparently.
Looks like we are starting a band, probablynathan is the singer. :D (paybacks for calling me LargerBomb). :ph34r:

I'm only in it for the screaming chicks.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

JB said:
I'm only in it for the screaming chicks.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Screaming_Chicken_by_lechames.jpg

I'l be right thanks. I'll stick to the beer.

JB said:
On the group page, there's a drop down menu / arrow with 'chat with group' as an option
What browser you using?

I'm using Chrome, and when I click that Options drop down arrow all I get is the "Leave Group" option.

stienberg said:
What browser you using?

I'm using Chrome, and when I click that Options drop down arrow all I get is the "Leave Group" option.
I was viewing with Opera Next at the time, it's there in Chrome & FF7 too so must be there just cause I set the group up. Dunno seems a bit NQR, I'll check it out soon.

I signed up for the course. Will probably join the AHB group when the course opens.
Not one much for chat but up for peer support so we all get a handle on the material.

I include getting support as well as offering in the above. My chemistry knowledge is very basic and in the realms of applied bucket chem.

I signed up too. i'd love to know much more in-depth about the beer making process. i just realized that it goes for 16 weeks and co-incides with my nursing diploma. I'll take it day by day. she'll be right.

At the risk of jumping the gun on the course if it's like most other uni subjects there will probably be a reasonable proportion that is pure chem. theory that may get a bit heavy and be of limited use but there will be other aspects that will be very interesting and possibly able to be applied in application, it's usually a question of how bad the theory gets and whether or not you can get through the theory to the interesting parts.

Of course this could be complete crap and it could be all very interesting or it could be complete theory with no practical use what-so-ever. Generally it's best to ignore me and wait for the course. :D

I'm in. I've done a bit of general chem & organic chem up to 1st year uni, never done any serious biochem. Looks like the course could be pretty interesting.

I'm signing up too. I might be able to help out others as I've got a degree in biochem and most of a bioprocess engineering degree but that said, it's been a long time since I've studied organic chemistry.

Also, I'll be doing it alongside my proper uni course so may end up pulling the pin if it all gets too much.

Signed up, can't see this as being a too technical course as it's free, hoping it's not given I am 50 with no formal quals. And looking at the description this is a module that can be credited to other courses.

Thanks for the link, joined up and ready to get going. I think this will actually be a bigger procrastinating tool than AHB is when it comes to studying for uni.

I'm in. Had a bit of a go but can't add any of you to contacts as yet. Looks good.

I'm in too... even if 90% of the content goes over my head I figure there's got to be some value in it.

Wheeee. I'm in.
Going to try smash through the General Chemistry course in the next couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back