Free open course on the chemistry of beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When will I be able to just download courses into my brain directly Matrix style.

That introductory video seemed much more dramatic than necessary but it sounds good! I'm in and have joined the group. Thanks for the link.

Another Chem. Eng. here - looking forward to some hardcore brewing intel.

I'm in.
Username kierent. i've joined the AHB group too. Should be fun, hopefully the hours won't be too demanding

I'll register too and will join the AHB group (once I figure out where it is...)

I think I joined AHB group but can't see myself in a list of 53 members.

Bit confused about the process- do you do the readings and then watch the video, vais-versa, or am I missing something else?

Also, when do the exams come up? Are they 'real-time', ie- have to be online at a certain time?

DeGarre said:
I'll register too and will join the AHB group (once I figure out where it is...)

I think I joined AHB group but can't see myself in a list of 53 members.
I had a bit of trouble finding out how to join the group but eventually worked it out.

Here's the method I used, for anyone who's unsure (see accompanying pic):

1. Log in
2. On landing page, click "Contacts"
2. Click "Groups"
3. Click "Join Group"
4. Enter password "phbkRjJTJzN" as Group Code
5. That should do it.

Jl0saEZl.png

toncils said:
Bit confused about the process- do you do the readings and then watch the video, vais-versa, or am I missing something else?

Also, when do the exams come up? Are they 'real-time', ie- have to be online at a certain time?
I couldn't find much info about the course but assumed things would become more clear as we neared Jan 13. This is my first online course so I'm not sure how they roll.

Thanks, still only 53 members and I didn't get added to them, the submit button was green and it didn't prompt any errors. Need a beer now.

New group, TEST2, code WRm2cx0K4TJ, can't even join a bloody group I created. The ******* moron who designed this should take the Introduction to Computer Programming course at U of ******* Oklahoma.

DeGarre said:
New group, TEST2, code WRm2cx0K4TJ, can't even join a bloody group I created. The ******* moron who designed this should take the Introduction to Computer Programming course at U of ******* Oklahoma.
Gday mate. I started the AHB group & couldn't see myself in it either. Contacted support & they assured me I'm part of the group even though I couldn't see myself. If you're still having issues joining AHB group shoot support a msg, obviously expect delays due to Christmas over there.

I'm in and will look at joining the group when course starts. Have a bit of a start on most of you guys as I was a chemist during my working life but not with that organic stuff.

This is an online course based in USA, if I without any knowledge in chemistry can follow Braukaiser's website then this course will be a doddle. I am not convinced yet it will help me brew better beer.

DeGarre said:
This is an online course based in USA, if I without any knowledge in chemistry can follow Braukaiser's website then this course will be a doddle. I am not convinced yet it will help me brew better beer.
Not saying it won't be fun and educational.

Not saying it won't be fun and educational.

yeah i'm just gonna do it for a bit of fun and to hopefully pick up a few helpful tips on brewing. if it gets too full on, or gets in the way of my actual course (currently studying), then i will probably just stop :)

looking forward to it!

Four days to go people!

I am getting excited we have 71 AHBers in the group !!!

JJJ

I am in too! Thanks for the bump!!!!

Back