Free open course on the chemistry of beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OzPaleAle said:
I just copy and pasted password above and it worked
So you clicked on contacts then groups, join group and where it asked you to enter the group code you entered the password?? When I do that the submit button is greyed out. If I enter AHB the submit button is green but it says The code you entered is not valid.

Yeah I clicked Join Group, typed AHB in clicked submit, it gave me some error so I copy and pasted the password in the box instead and clicked submit and I was in.

Ahh Okay it appears if you type AHB and hit enter you get an error. If you just type the password the submit button is greyed out.

But if you type AHB hit enter, get an error message, then type or paste the password before AHB so it looks like this

phbkRjJTJzNAHB

Then backspace out the AHB, you can click the submit button and it works.

And where the hell does it get your profile picture from? I didnt even add one yet it has a pic of mine set as my avatar?

OK, signed up and joined the group. Troy's from Melbourne seem to be the major demographic at present.

TSMill said:
OK, signed up and joined the group. Troy's from Melbourne seem to be the major demographic at present.
LOL..Yes there are two of us it appears. :D

And a female member..Good to see.

Well cool, I'm in. Let's give this a go. Added on top of my other course...should be hard to concentrate on the other.

awesome... great find.

hopefully my chemical engineering degree will help. hopefully the vast experience I've had in home- and commercial-brew sampling over the 13-14 years during and since has built on that knowledge and hasn't instead eroded it too much...

Just signed up as well. Haven't done any chemistry for about 15 years but it was my favourite subject in high school. Looking forward to it.

JoeyJoeJoe said:
I just signed up. Will have to set myself a reminder for the 13th of Jan
I'm assuming they will probably send you an email when the course starts anyway.

Awesome.
Anyone know how much workload / how fast the content goes? I've done no chemestry outside of brewing, so plan to learn as I go. Don't want to go in over my head.

toncils said:
Awesome.
Anyone know how much workload / how fast the content goes? I've done no chemestry outside of brewing, so plan to learn as I go. Don't want to go in over my head.
Check out the general chemistry course it looks like the have a new section each week or 2, may give you an idea of the general workload.

Well I signed up, probably wasting their time but I will give it a go. Have no chemistry experience, in fact I got in a lot of trouble doing grade 10 science for being easily distracted and distracting the class. Looking back I think Mr Jones would have got a kick out of the old fill the pencil case with gas from the Bunsen burner then light it. Look sir its like a rocket, just depends how much you open the zipper.

I'm guessing being online the course can't "fill up"?

It's gonna be a class of AHB members, which if I remember high school correctly is the class the teachers dread.

Im in.

As long as your half decent at maths and practically minded chemistry isn't that 'hard'.

Difference is, we are all going to be doing a course we want to do, about something we love, that makes it easier to learn. (if this course isn't just fake and getting peoples hopes up :ph34r: ).

Cheers for the share, looks excellent, definitely gonna have to sign up

Back