Food & Beer Pairing - Are They Serious?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

HoppingMad

Ein Stein
Reaction score
Check out the food and beer pairing suggestions on this. Looks like you can have it with anything except beef.

Screenshot2012-02-24at25302PM.png

Handy they pointed it out.

Link to more helpful suggestions: CUB's Food & Beer Pairing

Hopper

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Nothing like a Carlton Cold and some antipasto.

Mags

Reaction score
VB and some cigarette butts would go along quite nice.

donburke

Reaction score
i'll stop by the bottlo and grab a few to match the moussaka my wife's been cooking all afternoon

Capture.JPG

black_labb

Reaction score
As expected cub puts up some baseless dribble instead of useful information. I guess by informing people that it is ok to drink beer with food they will attract people back from wine and craft beer.

Thirsty Boy

ICB - tight shorts and poor attitude. **** yeah!
Reaction score
ohhhh - dont be so mean. Those recommendations are actually OK - IF - you are limiting yourself to the options that CUB Provide.

Its not like you can expect CUB to give you a recommendation to match someone elses beer with your dinner. I've rarely seen any craft breweries telling you that their beer is a bit shit with X type of food and you should look to someone else... commercial self interest on their (our) own website is hardly corporate evilness at its worst.

edschache

Reaction score
i've been wondering what to drink while eating a vegetarian... thanks for the info

reVoxAHB

Reaction score
I recently made a custom beer label for a case swap and was sure to include food pairing recommendations:
food_pairing.jpg

If the big boys eg CUB are on it, I'd like to think I'm a step ahead of them in rejecting the "marketing" notion of pairing - hey maybe 5 years ago guys.

Good try.

reVox

Latest posts