Food & Beer Pairing - Are They Serious?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you guys talking about? Surely the megaswill food matching should actually be what to match with the aftermath of 12 schooners ala:

Lebanese (Mystery meat kebab from van of unmentionable cleanliness)

Greek (see above)

Iranian (see above)

French (Frites ala Macca's drive through)

Scottish (see above)

American Soul Food (The Colonel's Finest)

Mexican (Remnants of a packet of corn chips gone slightly soft in the bottom of a bowl on the coffee table at a party)

Chinese (Mystery meat fried before being doused in a cornflour infused sauce of unmentionable colour)

Indonesian (see above)

PS. I actually bought a bottle of Melbourne Bitter last night to try before brewing a megaswill clone. Lets hope the clone is more like beer. In saying that the Aussie Lager category must be very hard to judge at beer comps, do they judge to the commercial examples?

PPS. I realise that each and every one of the countries mentioned above have long established culinary traditions that can in no way be generalised unless convenient for pseudo-comedic purposes.

VB and some cigarette butts would go along quite nice.

That's a combo I actually had the pleasure of sampling several times in my teenage years...

Latest posts

Back