Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kegland have stopped selling the product entirely and come out with a much better tap than the Perlick, Inter or Ultratap. I currently have a Perlick FC, Intertap and a Nukatap on my tower and I'm blown away at how good the Nukatap performs. I'll be swapping out the other 2 for Nukataps in my next order.

Kegland have stopped selling the product entirely and come out with a much better tap than the Perlick, Inter or Ultratap. I currently have a Perlick FC, Intertap and a Nukatap on my tower and I'm blown away at how good the Nukatap performs. I'll be swapping out the other 2 for Nukataps in my next order.
I don't know how long you have been kegging but I got a free Nukatap, I'm glad it was free! Nothing to write home about. Got one Ventamatic beer tap, 3 Inters and the Nukatap can't see where your finding the difference. Apart from the shuttle may need swapping.

So KegLand sent me a replacement butterfly valve free of charge which still didn't solve the leak, they offered to send a collection vessel for free as well to try and resolve it. In the end I've decided just to purchase the all rounder bottle from kegland, 10/10 for customer service and warranty but the 27l fermzilla is just way too fiddly and I'm pretty sure I can collect the yeast from the all rounder anyway.

I would highly recommend going the all rounder, I'm just wondering if I can still dry hop by opening the lid 1-2 days prior to the fermentation is finished.

So KegLand sent me a replacement butterfly valve free of charge which still didn't solve the leak, they offered to send a collection vessel for free as well to try and resolve it. In the end I've decided just to purchase the all rounder bottle from kegland, 10/10 for customer service and warranty but the 27l fermzilla is just way too fiddly and I'm pretty sure I can collect the yeast from the all rounder anyway.

I would highly recommend going the all rounder, I'm just wondering if I can still dry hop by opening the lid 1-2 days prior to the fermentation is finished.

you still could, but unfortunately you will not be able to do it oxygen free

you still could, but unfortunately you will not be able to do it oxygen free

I've heard such wide ranging opinions regarding introducing oxygen at the late stage of fermentation. How bad is it if I opened the lid, dropped some hops in and let it finish fermenting for another day?

I've heard such wide ranging opinions regarding introducing oxygen at the late stage of fermentation. How bad is it if I opened the lid, dropped some hops in and let it finish fermenting for another day?
Not bad at all, take the lid off there won't be a mass exodus of CO2 and an influx of oxygen, better still get another fermenter, put the dry hops in flush with CO2 from the ferment and transfer fro primary to secondary. If you have room of course.

Don't know if this was a leak or split.
View attachment 118689

You're leaving out the bit where the author fully admitted to his two mistakes - he opened the valve to allow the pressure to build up in the container jar and then he completely removed the spunding valve. What do you expect is going to happen if he ferments with no spunding valve on?

Like I said, there's a tonne of people who have these things who probably should start off in buckets like the rest of us did for a good decade or more.

1596617029007.png

It's so obvious there's an organised ring to feed the photos in. He's posted photos from a variety of different phones and even a Facebook image where the language is set to Swedish... I wonder who that could be from.

Meanwhile, my first Fermzilla AR arrived about 2 weeks ago and I've finished my first ferment. I couldn't be more happy with it. Had it around 10 - 15psi before a cold crash. Not too interested in pressure fermenting (and I question the whole reduced ester thing... seems to be a lot of pseudoscience floating around), but for oxygen transfers this thing works beautifully.

I have a small bar fridge with a wooden shelf I had built. I had to tilt it on an angle to get it to fit in the fridge, but it worked a treat. For the 2nd ferment I'll be using tee pieces which will allow me to fit the AR in upright. The only reason I held off on buying one of these for so long was because I didn't think I'd be able to fit it in the fridge.

1596619112091.png

Not bad at all, take the lid off there won't be a mass exodus of CO2 and an influx of oxygen, better still get another fermenter, put the dry hops in flush with CO2 from the ferment and transfer fro primary to secondary. If you have room of course.

Ow Jason, I love how every KK supporter on a KL forum says this. I can’t wait till KK release a oxygen free dry hopping method and you starting singing the praises of oxygen free dry hopping!!!

Don't know if this was a leak or split.
View attachment 118689

You take a lot of screenshots from Facebook but not real good at reading, are you???

The post even said what happened....... it was the o-ring area from the collection vessel that leaked.

If your going to continue to post shit to stir the pot, at least don't be a lazy Fu$%er and type the full information, or stop altogether

It's so obvious there's an organised ring to feed the photos in. He's posted photos from a variety of different phones and even a Facebook image where the language is set to Swedish... I wonder who that could be from.

Meanwhile, my first Fermzilla AR arrived about 2 weeks ago and I've finished my first ferment. I couldn't be more happy with it. Had it around 10 - 15psi before a cold crash. Not too interested in pressure fermenting (and I question the whole reduced ester thing... seems to be a lot of pseudoscience floating around), but for oxygen transfers this thing works beautifully.

I have a small bar fridge with a wooden shelf I had built. I had to tilt it on an angle to get it to fit in the fridge, but it worked a treat. For the 2nd ferment I'll be using tee pieces which will allow me to fit the AR in upright. The only reason I held off on buying one of these for so long was because I didn't think I'd be able to fit it in the fridge.

View attachment 118692

Looks good mate, I have also just gone from my Fermzilla to a 30L All Rounder. Loving it.
However it looks so small inmy fermenting fridge compared to the Fermzilla

Looks good mate, I have also just gone from my Fermzilla to a 30L All Rounder. Loving it.
However it looks so small inmy fermenting fridge compared to the Fermzilla

I have moved to an All Rounder also from FZ (due to my own negligence ruining the FZ) and it has been great. After a couple of brews I thought I would never need to go back to a FZ.. However, I did hit my first snag with it though with the last brew I did which was a NEIPA fresh wort kit

It is not a fault of the equipment at all, but I realised how useful being able to remove the trub and dry hop through the bottom using the FZ is. This NEIPA kit had a lot of trub add to that all the yeast and 175g dry hop and in the end, I had to leave about 2L of beer in the bottom because no matter how I tried to tilt it etc. the dip tube was in the trub.. Looks like for this type or brew I might need to run a shorter tube to maximise yield in the future.

A small learning process and maybe a tip for others... I might re-invest in a FZ once the funds allow!

I had to leave about 2L of beer in the bottom because no matter how I tried to tilt it etc. the dip tube was in the trub..

I think i have found a good balance with the dip tube with my 30L AR, have the ball float sitting on the bottom and have just a little bit of slack in the line. When i transferred my last batch, the inlet did go to the side of the vessel (other than a rigid tube i don't think it can be helped) but once it got to about 5L it went into the middle and i think i only had about 1L of wort left over.

If you are ok with hop socks (some brewers are, some aren't) buy a large teflon coated magnetic stir rod with a strong neodymium magnet put the rod in with the hops and put it up the top above the wort, once you purge the oxygen out of the vessel, the hops should keep until you dry hop, this removes the need to open the vessel.

@TheBeerBaron I had a 85g dry hop for my first AR brew. I decided I wanted the ferment to be 100% oxygen free for the first time around, so I've gone with keg hopping in one of KL's stainless steel hop tubes. After almost a week in the keg it's incredibly cloudy with no signs of clearing up yet. I plan on transferring to another keg in the next day or so to get it off those hops.

Next time around I'll just open up and throw them in. I can't be bothered witth the magnet trick others run with.

If they the stopped selling it then why leave our trade marks on their website With pictures etc? Only one thing to be gained and that is to try and lead searches there.

Pretty common for all kinds of online stores to include a great number of other companies' trademarks. It's how online stores work. It sounds like you're worried about how much better the Nukataps actually are compared to your product. My next 2 Nukataps arrived to replace out my old Perlick FC and Intertap, will be installing them over the weekend!

@TheBeerBaron I had a 85g dry hop for my first AR brew. I decided I wanted the ferment to be 100% oxygen free for the first time around, so I've gone with keg hopping in one of KL's stainless steel hop tubes. After almost a week in the keg it's incredibly cloudy with no signs of clearing up yet. I plan on transferring to another keg in the next day or so to get it off those hops.

Next time around I'll just open up and throw them in. I can't be bothered witth the magnet trick others run with.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of hop socks/tubes/bombs etc. I just funnel them in via one of the carb caps!

Now I know about this issue, I will just run a shorter dip tube next time which should negate the issue!

It’s
You take a lot of screenshots from Facebook but not real good at reading, are you???

The post even said what happened....... it was the o-ring area from the collection vessel that leaked.

If your going to continue to post shit to stir the pot, at least don't be a lazy Fu$%er and type the full information, or stop altogether

Its clear by his Facebook page that he just has an explosion fetish!!!

Back