Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like you think you are being witty, but you're not.

Of course my fermenter is not completely full of beer. I get a few litres of trub, sure I can improve on this, but hardly the fault of the fermenter.

It is still simple to get pretty much all the beer out of an all rounder just by rotating it on the stand. Apparently this is too much for some to fathom.

I feel like you think you are being witty, but you're not.

Of course my fermenter is not completely full of beer. I get a few litres of trub, sure I can improve on this, but hardly the fault of the fermenter.

It is still simple to get pretty much all the beer out of an all rounder just by rotating it on the stand. Apparently this is too much for some to fathom.
I will write this slowly. What I am saying is with the cone all that is left in the fermenter is compacted yeast. Post a pic of your trub in the all rounder.
See post 974. Not rotating or faffing about, just transfer. Simple.

I will write this slowly. What I am saying is with the cone all that is left in the fermenter is compacted yeast. Post a pic of your trub in the all rounder.
See post 974. Not rotating or faffing about, just transfer. Simple.
I sorta think you are wasting time on this thread weal no construtive critism allowed.

I leave a lot in the fermenter because I crush fine, leave very little in the kettle, and dry hop loose. Choice of fermenter is irrelevant. In a snub nose I would have the exact same amount. Suggesting otherwise is complete garbage.

Yes, in a snub nose you don't have to rotate to get the same amount out. But this comes at the cost of increased height due to the shape of the cone. It's up to the individual as to which they prefer. It takes seconds to do, so for me it's a complete non-issue.

I sorta think you are wasting time on this thread weal no construtive critism allowed.
Actually I am all for constructive criticism, but he is just talking BS that somehow the all rounder creates litres of trub whereas the snub nose magics it away.

I leave the trub in the all rounder and transfer virtually all my beer into my serving keg

The great thing about the snub nose for me is that I had a fermazilla and it leaked and was really taller than I liked so I bought the snub tank and don't suffer with the wobbley stand and leaky collection bottle, I only use it to filter lagers during pressure transfer and it works just as good as the fermazilla did without the height and leaks.

You are right Reg.
Like I said, I am all for constructive criticism, just not BS.

Attached is a photo of what is left behind in my all rounder after transferring to a keg. There's maybe 100ml of beer in there. The all rounder does have its flaws. Inability to get all the beer out isn't one of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809_173906.jpg
    Screenshot_20200809_173906.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 90
Have to admit I am biased towards the snub nose bought mine early on in their release. But I would be interested in hearing the pros and cons of the all rounder apart from it being slightly lower.

Like I said, I am all for constructive criticism, just not BS.

Attached is a photo of what is left behind in my all rounder after transferring to a keg. There's maybe 100ml of beer in there. The all rounder does have its flaws. Inability to get all the beer out isn't one of them.
Wow! That's a shit load. The flaw is not having the cone,compact the yeast into a nice little cone no more than an adults hand full and the rest is beer.

For me

Pros
  • Extremely easy to clean
  • Nice big lid with plenty of space for adding dip tubes, cooling coils etc
  • No issues at high pressure
  • Easy to get all the beer out of

Cons
  • Lid can be difficult to remove. Suggested method is to pry on the bottom of one of the carb caps, which I don't like, especially with the plastic carb caps.
  • Carrying handle is poorly designed, and if over tightened will squeeze the neck. I honestly think this is the cause of a lot of the cracked ones.

For me

Pros
  • Extremely easy to clean
  • Nice big lid with plenty of space for adding dip tubes, cooling coils etc
  • No issues at high pressure
  • Easy to get all the beer out of

Cons
  • Lid can be difficult to remove. Suggested method is to pry on the bottom of one of the carb caps, which I don't like, especially with the plastic carb caps.
  • Carrying handle is poorly designed, and if over tightened will squeeze the neck. I honestly think this is the cause of a lot of the cracked ones.
You forgot to include,

Cons

spontaneous detonation

:)

Good to see some constructive conversation on this thread, this is what it should be all about, well played Rodney, though you are left with quite a lot of trub and beer in the fermenter you are willing to share the downside.

Back