Domestic Violence

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody hell Brew Forky your ex was a nasty piece of work !

Brew Forky said:
The topic is domestic violence. We are talking about domestic violence. Abuse physically, emotionally and psychologically. We'll deal with abuse from women in 2 generations time???

You've been to Asia. I've spent a lot of time in SE Asia. Australian men are saints compared to the way men treat women there if that is your argument. You know that obviously since you're a well travelled man.

Australian men aren't as shit as you imply. There are certainly dickheads here, like any country, but all in all, the quintessential Aussie male is a good person. Enjoy your daughters wedding with Maurico, Sergio and Gonzalo. I'm sure they wouldn't belittle a woman, Hermano.
I've travelled a lot to China and can promise you the women there are treated absolutely shit. Even in the corporate world they are just well enough to please Westerners.
I know a lot of Aussie men and I don't know a single one who hits his missus. I'm also from rural Texas and the consequences there are far more steep for bashing your missus and it's not from the law.
The stereotypical bubba smacking around his wife is a bit of overdone bullshit. The reality is Martha's dad will help you to an early dirt-nap and get away with it. Police are well known to not over investigate the early demise of a known fuckwit.

Ducatiboy stu said:
There is nothing wrong with discipline

A smack on the ass does not hurt when needed

BUT... continually ...no..sorry...that achieves nothing

Yes i did give my kids a smack on the ass when they where younger, but not the violent slap around as some do

The amount of times I actually smacked my kids was not very much, and it was nothing more than a hand on the ass

Proud of it, no, needed, probably yes.

I have clear memories of being "belted' as a kid..yes, I did deserve some of them

i am teaching my kids that violence, fisti-cuffs and swearing are not good things and chip them every time
My son thinks a smack on the bum is a game, lots of chasing, followed by a tap or two then a good tickling, once he's calmed down we talk 'did you do the right thing there mate?' 'I don't like it when you ....'

I hate violence I will certainly never let my son experience it from me. For me hitting a kid is telling them 'when all else fails violence is the answer'
DBS no kid ever did anything to deserve being hit with a weapon. But know it wasn't about you it was about them.

MB

Agree with you spog, disturbing reading that post.

I doubt if D V can be stamped out completely, its been with us since the alpha male and his group were in the trees. Self discipline is the key to controlling all of our negative emotions, and if that can't be instilled then we shall always have D V, much the same as
the racist element, being on our guard of a different culture and looks, something else which has come down with us since we were in the trees.

The sad thing is, through evolution some of the feminine gender seems to be attracted to the alpha males of today's society.

Sometimes violence is the answer. Both of my kids (now adults) were taught to fight. My daughter has beaten shit out of blokes to save her hide. Another time a couple of blokes hit her in the head from behind with a lump of wood in an attempted mugging. She turns around, shapes up and announces " If thats the best you clowns have got, you're in fuckin trouble aren't ya"?. They ran. My son has also beaten 7 shades of shit out of other men for abusing women at parties he's attended . He has found out that the abuse stopped after he pounded the idea that men don't hit women into them. Always drummed into them when they were kids to walk away if you can, if you can't , fight back hard enough to make an example to others that allowing you to walk away will always be a safer option for them. And always stand up those who need protecting from bullies . This theory has worked every time. I say teach you girls to protect themselves with violence and teach your boys to protect females with violence. If men are not taught to not hit women by there parents, a few smacks in the mouth by any other men hearing or seeing dv happening, would sort the dv problems our society almost overnight .

I think maybe she is pointing the finger at the indigenous population, but out of 63 deaths this year as a result of D V what is the ratio of the deaths between aboriginal and western culture?

This is Miranda Devine we are talking about

has about as much credibility of a peice of shit

Yes, but under the picture of Rosie Batty they have published the facts, and it does seem to point the finger for the high stats at the indigenous population.

I wouldnt treat anything written by her...EVER. as even remotely factual...even if she did manage to ( impossible for her ) to get them right.

But There seems to be a trend that Aboriginal women suffer more statistically from DV them white folk... but weather that is due to a smaller population with higher reporting figures than white folk is something to look at

That is why I was wondering what the ratio of the deaths would be, in that article which you linked it stated that aboriginal women were less inclined to report D V incidents.

Brew Forky said:
The topic is domestic violence. We are talking about domestic violence. Abuse physically, emotionally and psychologically. We'll deal with abuse from women in 2 generations time???

You've been to Asia. I've spent a lot of time in SE Asia. Australian men are saints compared to the way men treat women there if that is your argument. You know that obviously since you're a well travelled man.

Australian men aren't as shit as you imply. There are certainly dickheads here, like any country, but all in all, the quintessential Aussie male is a good person. Enjoy your daughters wedding with Maurico, Sergio and Gonzalo. I'm sure they wouldn't belittle a woman, Hermano.
no they haven't belittled them, but thanks for the concern. cabron.

wereprawn said:
Sometimes violence is the answer. Both of my kids (now adults) were taught to fight. My daughter has beaten shit out of blokes to save her hide. Another time a couple of blokes hit her in the head from behind with a lump of wood in an attempted mugging. She turns around, shapes up and announces " If thats the best you clowns have got, you're in fuckin trouble aren't ya"?. They ran. My son has also beaten 7 shades of shit out of other men for abusing women at parties he's attended . He has found out that the abuse stopped after he pounded the idea that men don't hit women into them. Always drummed into them when they were kids to walk away if you can, if you can't , fight back hard enough to make an example to others that allowing you to walk away will always be a safer option for them. And always stand up those who need protecting from bullies . This theory has worked every time. I say teach you girls to protect themselves with violence and teach your boys to protect females with violence. If men are not taught to not hit women by there parents, a few smacks in the mouth by any other men hearing or seeing dv happening, would sort the dv problems our society almost overnight .
My son and three girls will be blackbelts in karate by 16; ability to defend one's self and being a violent person are two very different things. Eldest of the three girls(12) is learning weapons she's loving it.

image.jpg

Bad Boy Elvis!!!

Back