ahb language police

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
Well my fellow brethren. I have received word that language on the board under the new regime is limited to please and thank you. Apparently the F work etc and any variation of it incl fk fark etc are no longer allowed. Formal warnings will follow.

This is not a dosc about modding so should not be banned closed or deleted. If u do you are proving the very point I make and have no idea what modding is.

This is an adult forum. Fornication Under Consent of King (read capitals who dont understand the reference) is a reasonably acceptable word. I can understanf the C word as offensive but jesus christ (is that going to get me banned, perhaps i should avoid jehovah as well) bad language on an adult forum.... do these people have a clue?

The new overlords have revealed their nature and their strategy for a piece of shite forum that will drive revenue and aimed at young k&k people. Its the only rationally explaination.

Dear overlords. Get stuffed. If u want to own an adult forum deal with it. Hopefully if some of us are banned we will foloow sleep and leave and demand that our intellectual property ie our post are deleted. Which under Australian law is permitted (you blokes probably dont have a clue about that).

It is pathetic. Tell these idiots to see australias number 1 website netrider.com.au the shit thats on there and it earns more revenue and more hits than anything in australia. Why? Its an adult forum where people can say want they want in adult environment.

As derryn hinch would say.. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

Oh and a screen shot has been taken for future reference. So deleting the thread makesnno difference. I have proof.

Dont start the loophole thread again. Start a new one for that.

I guess you live under the control and rule of the owners or you find another forum? What other choice does anyone have? We didnt "vote in" the new owners, they bought the forum for one reason... to make money.

I dont see any point whining to the forum public, unless you want to present us with other options??

Not having a go, I agree, adult forum (alcohol topic would be accepted as 18+) the f word is hardly considered against general social norms.

Citymorgue, you are now finally revealed in your true persona as a perfect speller.

:p

oh, apart from the "u"

Not whinging. Just makinf a stance. And I could make a call for people to boycott.

And leaving the board is an option I presented. I fear like those of us knowledgeable brewers before us will leave and ahb will become another barren wasteland of rubbish.

Homebrew down under is undergoing a renaissance.

Bribie G said:
Citymorgue, you are now finally revealed in your true persona as a perfect speller.

:p

oh, apart from the "u"
damn u ( ;) )revealed my true identit as someone who does actually give a toss when it matters.

citymorgue2 said:
Not whinging. Just makinf a stance. And I could make a call for people to boycott.
And leaving the board is an option I presented. I fear like those of us knowledgeable brewers before us will leave and ahb will become another barren wasteland of rubbish.
Well where did the knowledgeable brewers before us go to? Perhaps we should also go there?

didnt they come on and say they wouldnt change anything. thats fucked if they do implement this. could find their post but cant be arsed.

Bribie G said:
Homebrew down under is undergoing a renaissance.
damn good thing as well. we need somewhere to go once the bans start happening.

as already posted its an adult forum, let us act like we are when we want to.

C U Next Tuesday mo fo!

citymorgue2 said:
It is pathetic. Tell these idiots to see australias number 1 website netrider.com.au the shit thats on there and it earns more revenue and more hits than anything in australia. Why? Its an adult forum where people can say want they want in adult environment.
Is that really #1? Last time I was there, moderation was over the top (cough) and a bunch of people stopped visiting the site.

I find it hard to believe that our new overlords would consider imposing new rules after they stated that nothing much would change.

Triple J, a nationally broadcast radio station funded by the ABC (government owned) allows expletives on air.
If a forum about beer is stricter then the ABC, then see you next Tuesday, *****!

How come **** is not starred but ***** is?

It's not a word I use often but this is an outrage!

Maybe our new admins could fix it?

Well - what this really comes down to is the major sponsors.

If we want to keep AHB in an Australian sprit with Australian values and not some limpwristed American influnced piece of shit, then influencing them, will influence the new owners.

They pay for the majority of this site. So, what say you, site sonsors? Wanna be paying for advertising when all your customers have left AHB?

citymorgue2 said:
but jesus christ (is that going to get me banned, perhaps i should avoid jehovah as well)
If it does, I'll be quite content as a lurker.
I swear to ******* god.

295354_265540353550021_268793996_n.jpg

**** me. Who.would have thought the new owners can tell us not to say what the **** we like. How ******* un Australian.

Anyhow... I have ... nah **** it. I will get binned for fuckn saying it

I can see obi wan and butters in front of me. I think thats a bad sign for me. Or victory. Depwnds on how George lucus fks up the next 3 star wars episodes.

Apparently a few others got the same generic email as me. The oppressed are in communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back