ahb language police take 2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
U locked the thread and proved my point. Apparently we cant discuss stuff now? If you knew what modding was you would have modded the anti US posts directed at the individuals.

Whats with the anti US posts guys? I didnt even know the new owners where US based. Youve completely missed the point. My references to Australia where relevant to the country most of us live in and to be honest I though the new owners were australian based. Country of origin is irrelevant to my posts.

As nick points out. Nothing was going to change, yet several memeber have received the same template email sayi g not to swear anymore. That the ype of directive can only come from the new owners. Now if peolle want me to post up the PM I will. I didnt becuase I shouldnt have had to and I dont usually post contents of PMs

Discussion is fine CM2, that thread wasn't a discussion.
And you're wrong, the new owners have given no directive regarding swearing or any other moderating decisions, those directives are and always have been in the forum guidelines and have been acted on when required.
I have no objection to the odd swear word within a post but if you have a look back through the thread you referred to you can hardly say there was the odd swear word here or there.
Also it has been requested not swear in the recent status updates section as this is viewable by anyone who logs onto AHB as it's on the first page and is not a good look for prospective new members, not too much to ask surely.

Apparently we were never allowed to swear. Yet we could.

Now, we're being asked not to. But we still can.

Perfectly sensible.

This thread is also destined to be locked, but for posterity let me say that the new owners have clearly indicated that there will not be a profanity filter and we will not be treated like little children (or American citizens).

As one of the biggest potty mouths here - not a boast, mind you - I can honestly say I've never had a single warning.
Fair to assume I suppose profanity used in context gets a pass, whilst gratuitous use of the F word gets you a scalding.
I think that's fair enough.

..fucken..

The C word

I GENUINELY recoil at the use of that word!

In all seriousness, I REALLY DO hate the use of the "C" word & find it offensive in general parlance & quite unnecessary.

But seriously, folks, does the occasional use of an expletive between consenting adults constitute a need for moderation?

You mean something like this, for example.

gafom.gif

Latest posts

Back