ahb language police

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to apologise for the racism shown ever since you became a member here Austin, on behalf of my country. I'd like you to think that not all Australians are so bigoted as to tear apart peoples culture and disrespect them based solely on generalisations of the place where they were born.
This makes me ashamed to be included as Australian.

As for people basing their use or not use of a forum about making beer on whether or not they are allowed to say ****?
Ridiculous. You can hear it on JJJ but there are a myriad other places where you are not allowed to say it in society and to claim that being Australian is based on being able to use language anywhere you please is also ridiculous.

And no, i'm not a wowser, and i do use **** in sentences, in real life and online where permitted by the rules and in moderation where it is a natural part of a sentence. But i also post on plenty of sites where the use of expletives is not welcome and find that i am equally able to communicate (or not as some would have it) without feeling thwarted.

The amount of critisism that is directed at the moderators and site admin here makes a central core of people here look like ungrateful bastards. The phrase biting the hand that feeds you comes to mind.
It's just plain rude.

Nice post Punkin, thanks for the support.
As far as swearing and racism against Americans goes read the guidelines,
6. Content of a discriminative nature based on gender, race, religion, political beliefs, disability or sexual orientation may be deleted at the discretion of the site administrators.
11. Posts containing an unacceptable amount of offensive language, distasteful, vulgar or offensive material may be removed at the discretion of the site administrators.

Swearing has been moderated since AHB began although given it is a beer site the moderation has been light and only implemented when it became excessive.

Just reading through this thread makes me cringe, no rule changes have happened since Austin took over and the swearing has increased dramatically over the last few weeks for no apparent reason other than a deliberate attempt by some members to incite a bit of trolling.

As far as the rules on AHB go, if you don't like them and refuse to adhere to them why not leave the forum and find one that is happy to be run in the way you want it to be run, it's the attitudes displayed in this thread that are bringing this forum down, not the moderating of swear words or the sale of the site to new owners.

Moderating of excessive swearing will continue starting with the closing of this thread, suspensions/bans can and will be implemented for repeat offenders.

AndrewQLD

I will add to Andrews's post by saying that i have politely requested a group of members to not swear in the status update's as they are visible to visitors to the site on the front page. We want to keep this part clean due to it being on the front page.

I also asked for a simple "please refrain" on the board meaning excessive swearing should be kept to a minimum. There was no mention of a ban or rule changes.

This decision was from the moderating team, not the new owners. They have imposed no new restrictions of rules at all.

This thread is a classic example of the opposite of what i meant by please refrain, and was based on one persons assumptions and over-reactions.

I will also back up Andrew in saying, if you don't like how AHB is run, go elsewhere.

Save us the time of having to moderate rubbish like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back