Domestic Violence

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GalBrew said:
So.....what all these posts come down to are fuckwits be fuckwits. If you can find a way of stopping this the world will be a much better place DV nonwithstanding.
Its more than that

I can tolerate a fuckwitt. Plenty of non violent fuckwits in the world

I CAN NOT tolerate a person who beats another person. Period

I have a single mother living across the road from me. All I ever hear is screaming & crying from the kids. Its pretty fucked up.

Those kids will never know anything else but being sworn at and abused...from their own mother

My kids dont play with them, not cause they are bad kids, not because I have told them they cant, but my kids can see that its not a very nice place be

Ducatiboy stu said:
Those kids will never know anything else but being sworn at and abused...from their own mother
And the way shit rolls, odds on they will act the same way.

Maybe a result like this may change things.....

My dad used to beat my mum when I was young but we havent seen dad for a while....the judge gave him 12 years gaol.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Its more than that

I can tolerate a fuckwitt. Plenty of non violent fuckwits in the world

I CAN NOT tolerate a person who beats another person. Period

I have a single mother living across the road from me. All I ever hear is screaming & crying from the kids. Its pretty fucked up.

My kids dont play with them, not cause they are bad kids, not because I have told them they cant, but my kids can see that its not a very nice place be
That's fucked up Stu. You and those kids have my sympathies. Now that I am a dad the thought of beating a kid or abusing a child in any way is the most abhorrent thing I can contemplate.

There is nothing wrong with discipline

A smack on the ass does not hurt when needed

BUT... continually ...no..sorry...that achieves nothing

Yes i did give my kids a smack on the ass when they where younger, but not the violent slap around as some do

The amount of times I actually smacked my kids was not very much, and it was nothing more than a hand on the ass

Proud of it, no, needed, probably yes.

I have clear memories of being "belted' as a kid..yes, I did deserve some of them

i am teaching my kids that violence, fisti-cuffs and swearing are not good things and chip them every time

It's not ice or whatever is politically correct at the time. I want to precede this by saying I have never hit or emotionally abused etc etc a woman. In fact, i treat them very well.

I had a business where my ex had a business close to me. She abosolutley ensured customers would not come back by coming in to my shop, carrying on, putting me down, talking about what was in her store and basically saying my business was shit and hers was better. Most morons believed it and she took them away for a sale. I didn't want anything to do with her and told her not to come my store anymore. I was already at the end, living on the couch in my store from the outcome of our relationship. She then proceeded to lie on the shops door step at night, leaving her young daughters at home to fend for themselves, crying and screaming for days until she got the idea the calling the police on me would be a good idea. So a muscle builder cop and a lesbian cop had me thrown to the ground and I was physically assaulted by them because of my "Domestic Violence".

Some one deserves a punch in head. But I don't hit women.

A lady I knew for many years and I thought I was part of the family with, accused me of wanting to rape her 5yo Granddaughter at a wedding I was at. She wanted to go to the basement toilet so Uncle Brew Forky wanted to make sure she was safe by standing at the toilet door and that's it. I had to explain to my old Mum as a grown man crying that I was not a child rapist and have never been the same since. Still nervous that I will go out and someone will bash me for being a "child molester" because a lot of people know what she said.

At an Oktoberfest, my GF at the time and myself had a disagreement in which she then decided to tell her butch girlfriend. Her friend then gave me a solid punch to the face. When I got home with my lip broken, my GF caught me unaware and threw me through an inbuilt wardrobe, breaking both doors in two and I scored a gash across the face. The police were called by roommates and I was the bad guy.

My mates ex won the Lotto, and then complained to Child support that he doesn't pay enough, even though he looks after the child for 12 days per fortnight and a massive percent of his wage then went to her.

etc, etc, etc.

I'm a big fella and not scared of any blokes bullshit, but you have no rights when it comes to a Womans whim. Those ******* shit head cowards who beat their beautiful wives to feel like a man deserve everything they get. But you have to realise, some men are driven insane, and when they crack, it's their fault apparently, and then we can all sit here and be all nancy PC about how they are arseholes on a public forum.

I will say that i have known more than one person who has been framed by a simple call to the police

that aside

Anyone who hits anyone in my book has no respect

there seems to be a general agreement here that neanderthals on dv are scum. that doesn't fix the problem.
i propose that all here think about a neighbourhood watch style thing where you talk to your neighbours and agree to confront en masse, in a group neighbourly way, on anybody you think is up for a bit of dv. just a friendly 'how ya going'. sounds nerdy, but if a dv candidate realises all the boys in the neighbourhood are onto him then it may, sometimes, but not always, steer him back out of it. not all bullies like an audience. it may just bring him around.

Problem is that it is silent

The receivers wont talk about it

That is the problem

Ducatiboy stu said:
I will say that i have known more than one person who has been framed by a simple call to the police

that aside

Anyone who hits anyone in my book has no respect
Mate, I'm far from a violent man, and rereading my post it sounds a bit rough. True, but rough. I don't settle arguments "with a punch to the head". I think my emotions got the best of me in that post.

my first missus was a half violent nutter. i knew it was over when i realised i'd married my parents.
my second missus of 15 years is gold. she's the brady bunch mum that i wished i had when i was 13.
me one lucky boy :D

Most people associate DV with men

There are some shit scary women out there who know how to buck the system

With out being cynical, I know blokes who have been sent to jail on the word of a spiteful women

They play the game. I've had a bloke next door literally crying and screaming out the front of the house to see his child he hasn't seen for months because he's been disconnected due to his ex . The response out the front window was, "I'm calling the police and telling them you abused me."

My brother is going thru hell simply because his ex claims he is a peado, without any proof or claim. To the point where she cant even provide evidence to court. wont even turn up to appointed mediation. uses delaying tactics.....

The system is broken

back to the topic, lads....
first, dv dickheads. let's work on that.
then we can tackle dv hell cats in about 2 generations time.
the control thing is probably our worst nightmare. that's where everything else grows from.
i lived 25 years in europe (mainly in spain) and 5 in north asia (sth korea and japan) - and australian males are easily the biggest control freaks i ever met.
that ain't pretty, and i'm sure there'll be a lot of indignation over that, but even compared to sth korea, aussie males are another level. i've got 3 adult spanish daughters who won't live in aus because of the aus male culture.

The topic is domestic violence. We are talking about domestic violence. Abuse physically, emotionally and psychologically. We'll deal with abuse from women in 2 generations time???

You've been to Asia. I've spent a lot of time in SE Asia. Australian men are saints compared to the way men treat women there if that is your argument. You know that obviously since you're a well travelled man.

Australian men aren't as shit as you imply. There are certainly dickheads here, like any country, but all in all, the quintessential Aussie male is a good person. Enjoy your daughters wedding with Maurico, Sergio and Gonzalo. I'm sure they wouldn't belittle a woman, Hermano.

Back