Domestic Violence

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many people suffer with ACP, it doesn't have to be drug or alcohol related, there are those who just cannot control their anger, and until those people realise that they are the problem no amount of money being thrown at violence against women will do a lot to stop it.
The best way to control anger is not to get angry, I have 6 sons and a daughter I have taught them that anger must be controlled, a lost temper is a loss of respect.
We should have a good deterrent, a proper prison term, with counselling for anger management, hopefully during the sentence the partner can move on.

as-24-devastator.jpg The latest government ploy is to issue all women aged over 18 with one of these except NT where 3m crocs will do.

malt & barley blues said:
How many people suffer with ACP, it doesn't have to be drug or alcohol related, there are those who just cannot control their anger, and until those people realise that they are the problem no amount of money being thrown at violence against women will do a lot to stop it.
The best way to control anger is not to get angry, I have 6 sons and a daughter I have taught them that anger must be controlled, a lost temper is a loss of respect.
We should have a good deterrent, a proper prison term, with counselling for anger management, hopefully during the sentence the partner can move on.
Sadly however these women seem to bounce from one abusive relationship to the next. Almost always it comes down to personality type. Insecure, high dominance male, submissive, low self esteem female. Its not so much about these men lashing out after a few to many or a bad day, its more about power and control that manifests as physical and / or psychological abuse. Over and over you see these kinds of men are also insanely jealous and possessive.

That is spot on about the bounce, my wife has a friend who has had 3 marriages each spouse has beaten her, she had grown up watching her mother get beaten by her father whether this gives a mind set I don't know.

I once worked with a spineless gutless ****'n wonder who's 2 fiancés left him because he bashed them.
When he claimed it was " a misunderstanding " I laughed and called him a prick,he then said he would " punch me out".
I stood up and so did he but I beat him to it when I said " hang on for 10 minutes while I go and buy a dress and put it on,then you try your best "
The rest of the crew burst out laughing and the gutless wonder jump in IT'S car and fucked of home no doubt to bash his teddy bear.
The pathetic excuse for a man.

I don't have time to bash my missus.. By the time I've cooked dinner, cleaned dishes and fixed her a hot chocolate while she kicks back on the couch, I'm too damned tired.

Tex N Oz said:
I don't have time to bash my missus.. By the time I've cooked dinner, cleaned dishes and fixed her a hot chocolate while she kicks back on the couch, I'm too damned tired.
Satire.

It works well in situations that it works in.
In situations that it doesn't work in, well, it just doesn't work.

Thanks for coming though.

wereprawn said:
Mate, I've seen good men that wouldn't raise a hand to their worst enemy, try and beat shit out of family members after they'd been on amphetamines for a week or so straight . Even so there's no excuse and offenders should be dealt with accordingly.
dv has been around for a long time before amphetamines turned up. not belittling your point, cos it is a valid point, but it is far from 'THE' cause of dv.
i grew up with dv. you don't know how much i ******* hate guys who get into it. and my old man hated drugs and couldn't drink cos he copped a dose of hep A in the 60s. i got to the point where i disowned him and haven't spoken to him since 1991. i'll only go to his funeral to make sure the *******'s dead.

meth is almost another broad societal excuse as to why it happens. it's getting used like it's the problem. like we all need to blame something other than the fact that it is actually a person doing this, and more than likely is not on anything. the dick that hanged his 8 year old in brisbane 2 weeks ago then drove off into the sunset wasn't on anything. get over the meth excuse.

Black Devil Dog said:
Satire.

It works well in situations that it works in.
In situations that it doesn't work in, well, it just doesn't work.

Thanks for coming though.
Geez dude.. Bottom line is either you love your missus or you bash your missus. I'm one who loves mine.
What I said was absolutely true 100% every word. I'm medically retired and my missus is a hard working nurse.
She comes home and asks for NOTHING.. In a way it was comedy and in another it was me saying "I'm not a part of that".
Now you can all be sad that this shit happens but I'm not gonna drown myself in remorse for something that doesn't take place in my life, in my home or with those close to me.
I support any law that hammers these fuckwits but I'm no vigilante for the cause and I refuse to wallow in other's problems. If it takes place in your life then you clean up your own mess.
If your mum was slapped around and you as a child had to watch it, then you should have this discussion with your mum, not me.
Now excuse me while I go hang out the washing...

butisitart said:
dv has been around for a long time before amphetamines turned up. not belittling your point, cos it is a valid point, but it is far from 'THE' cause of dv.
i grew up with dv. you don't know how much i ******* hate guys who get into it. and my old man hated drugs and couldn't drink cos he copped a dose of hep A in the 60s. i got to the point where i disowned him and haven't spoken to him since 1991. i'll only go to his funeral to make sure the *******'s dead.

meth is almost another broad societal excuse as to why it happens. it's getting used like it's the problem. like we all need to blame something other than the fact that it is actually a person doing this, and more than likely is not on anything. the dick that hanged his 8 year old in brisbane 2 weeks ago then drove off into the sunset wasn't on anything. get over the meth excuse.
Never claimed drugs were "THE" problem . Shit, my wifes father brutality murdered her mum right in front of her as a child and he didn't take drugs. All I'm saying is that amphetamine based recreational drugs increase dv and often make the violence deadly .

Bureaucrats and policy makers want to focus more on the reactive approach to fixing problems at the end point when it comes to DV- punishment, longer sentences, more women's refuges, etc. These are all really important, but it's a bandaid response.

Angry children who can't self-regulate (or understand) their emotions sometimes grow into angry adults who react with violence. I think placing a more proactive emphasis on finding out why kids are so angry, and trying to help them before they grow up would be a far better response.

With current wait times of up to a year from referral to actually seeing a psychologist, psychiatrist, pediatrician etc, we have a long way to go before our under funded health services come even close to addressing violence in this country.

jyo said:
Bureaucrats and policy makers want to focus more on the reactive approach to fixing problems at the end point when it comes to DV- punishment, longer sentences, more women's refuges, etc. These are all really important, but it's a bandaid response.

Angry children who can't self-regulate (or understand) their emotions sometimes grow into angry adults who react with violence. I think placing a more proactive emphasis on finding out why kids are so angry, and trying to help them before they grow up would be a far better response.

With current wait times of up to a year from referral to actually seeing a psychologist, psychiatrist, pediatrician etc, we have a long way to go before our under funded health services come even close to addressing violence in this country.
I say on strike 2 cut their fuckin nuts off and they'll behave..
But saying that isn't PC either and I'm sure I'll hear all about the poor nutless basher..

I've got 2 ex-mates who wouldn't change. Neither I'd describe as angry/violent as a primary behaviour, moreso they were both extremely controlling/possesive, and a failure at compliance ( to their wishes ) would set them off. Part of the plan announced in giving victims a mobile phone is fraught with danger, when the controlling type finds a "secret " phone the shit will hit the fan.

And I think that is what half the problem is.

Mr Asshole tells his missus that if anything happens or he finds anything then she will be a dead person

Then he tells her how much he loves her...etc...etc

indica86 said:
DVOs work well don't they.
I didn't miss out on the sarcasm indica, but really, what are they worth, I doubt whether any are adhered to, and I wonder how many neighbours would get involved in a dispute between a couple, not just personally but with a call to the police?

Not worth a pinch of shit.
I have seen someone get a certificate for Ending Family Violence.
Why don't I get one for Never Starting Family Violence?

malt & barley blues said:
I didn't miss out on the sarcasm indica, but really, what are they worth, I doubt whether any are adhered to, and I wonder how many neighbours would get involved in a dispute between a couple, not just personally but with a call to the police?
Tuff call

Old mate is already at full flight and you want to go in and calm/stop him him....

AVO's are not worth shit at the the funeral of a dead person

Not exactly DV but I wonder what penalty the parasite gets that punched the female at the footy?

"Aawww judgee I was a bit pissed and my team was losing and after all she was having a go at me"

Reply,
Well I consider what you did very bad but under the circumstances you were provoked and I will release you on good behavour and no hitting anyone at the next footy game...OK.

I would bet my hanging thingos that this same parasite beats other females....I would have liked to have seen the womans partner beat the absolute crap out of that animal.
I would imagine it would be a similar situation to spogs post above...all bullies are tough until they meet their match, then they bow down of **** off.

Edit
Shit I am watching the news and the woman is an off duty police officer....maybe he will cop a bit after all.

So.....what all these posts come down to are fuckwits be fuckwits. If you can find a way of stopping this the world will be a much better place DV nonwithstanding.

Back