Domestic Violence

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Miranda Devine at her stupidest best

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/miranda-devine-demonising-men-wont-stop-domestic-violence/story-fni0cwl5-1227545469411

"Poverty is the cause of domestic violence, the desperate chaos of the underclass, played out in welfare dependency, mental illness, alcohol and drug abuse, especially psychosis-inducing ice."
A vewry well known and 'celebrated' australian 'icon', known to be a bit of a lad, drinker, punter, or is 'ADVERTISED' as such...it was common knowledge back in the day how he used to smack his lady(s) around. Not wanbting to 'single' anyone out, of course. Not a lot of financial poverty there, and poverty has jack shit to do with it.

Nah poor people smack their hos and bitches cos they don't have cars and only live on chips.

Rich people are happy, have no mental illness, don't take drugs and are generally quite well behaved.
Also miranda devine is really quite lovely.

manticle said:
Nah poor people smack their hos and bitches cos they don't have cars and only live on chips.

Rich people are happy, have no mental illness, don't take drugs and are generally quite well behaved.
Also miranda devine is really quite lovely.
Except for the rich ones who can afford coke and smart ass lawyers to get of charges and hide wealth from their partners and come across as upstanding citizens

Miranda Divine...well.....the least said about her the better...

miranda%2Bdevine.png

But she is the Pin up girl for the Liberal Party.... well Tony Abbots Liberal Party

She must be feeling a bit miffed ATM

[SIZE=medium]Mark Latham has a new radio slot on MMM, called “Lathamland” the first of which was yesterday. In it he gave his views on the politics underpinning the current debate on domestic violence in Australia.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Yesterday I noticed that most news web sites ran with the story that Latham was being an apologist for violent men (which in my view was not what he actually said). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Today the story has all but disappeared from news web sites' home pages. Interestingly, a search of the ABC News website for “Mark Latham” during the last week comes up with zero results. But a Google search finds this:[/SIZE]

Mark Latham: Former Labor leader says domestic violence a 'coping mechanism' for men

ABC, Updated yesterday at 6:15pm

Radio network Triple M has come under fire after former Labor leader Mark Latham used his podcast with the station to say men hit women as a "coping mechanism".

In the 20-minute podcast posted to the Triple M website, Mr Latham took aim at Australian of the Year Rosie Batty and feminists for "demonising men" and making those who hit women "feel worse about themselves".

Mr Latham's comments prompted a petition on Change.org, with signatories calling for him to be sacked from Triple M and Channel Nine.

The petition also calls for anti-domestic violence organisation White Ribbon to distance itself from Triple M and the "disgraceful podcast".

During the podcast, Mr Latham said he worried Ms Batty — whose son was murdered by her estranged partner — was "causing more harm than good".

"The patriarchy argument is that men beat up women in some cases because they hate women," he said.

"But I don't think it is about how men look at women, it is about how men look at themselves.

"They have lost their self-esteem, their job, are welfare-dependent, on drugs or alcohol in their life.

"They use domestic violence as a coping mechanism to get over all the other crap they have in their lives.

"Demonising men and making them feel worse about themselves is not going to solve the problem." (continues…)
See: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-22/mark-latham-under-fire-for-triple-m-podcast-domestic-violence/7107650

[SIZE=medium]Those interested in the topic might find it worthwhile listening to what he actually said. It’s in this 20 minute podcast (he covered many topics (eg. political correctness) – domestic violence comes up at about the 8 minute mark): [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/shows/lathamland/blog/listen-and-download-the-new-lathamland-podcast/[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](He also spoke earlier in the day on the blokey MMM breakfast show ‘The Grill Team’ to promo his new radio slot going to air later in the day : [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/shows/lathamland/blog/mark-latham-says-there-is-too-much-closing-down-of-debate/[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] )[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I think his views are a valid contribution to the discussion, said in his typical thorny style but valid nonetheless. He draws attention to statistics showing that domestic violence is more common in disadvantaged areas than in more affluent areas, and he makes a point about the hijacking of the domestic violence issue by the “feminist left”. I think it’s important that this issue be engaged in by all sectors of society and all political factions and not used as a political football to drive a wedge between men and women, and between left and right. The effects of domestic violence are universal and so must be efforts to reduce its prevalence. The sudden dissappearance of Latham’s views from news websites suggests to me that he has struck a nerve among the chattering classes.[/SIZE]

I would like the true stats about domestic violence be reported. My ex was in child protection and domestic violence against children, she said, was mainly by women. But the feminists will not like a little fact like that get in the way of a good story. I am against all violence but lets have the true facts so it can be treated properly.

'The feminists' is not one homogenous group, any more than 'the men' or 'the women' are.

If we want to increase the intelligence of discussion, we should avoid such broad categorisations.

manticle said:
'The feminists' is not one homogenous group, any more than 'the men' or 'the women' are.

If we want to increase the intelligence of discussion, we should avoid such broad categorisations.
Does that include the "hos and bitches" that you intelligently mentioned above in post #102?

Unfortunately there is DV against men, but you never get to hear about it.

If the bloke speaks up nothing happens

If the woman speaks up, the male gets canned immediately

I suppose you could put it this way...... How would you feel if you got beaten by your missus and no one gave a shit

Kingy said:
Yea it would be shithouse. But I wouldn't be with her if she started beatin me up.
Problem is....they stay and cop it sweet...regardless of which side it is....

Ducatiboy stu said:
Problem is....they stay and cop it sweet...regardless of which side it is....
And therein lies one of the biggest problems which people have trouble accepting...if the person being belted gets hit once and stays, then every punch after that they share responsibility for. But you just try and say that publicly. I saw what happened with neighbours of ours a few years back...she used to make excuses for him hitting her, then he moved to the kids and still she did nothing. It was only one of the daughters called the cops that stopped it one day. He was one of the fellas who really should not drink, it was the only time the aggro came out.

Latest posts

Back