CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never put a duck in my camp oven, but can check to tomorrow, it's pretty big.

Thread spam....

So ive spoken to my family and a couple of friends that want to come, if everyone turns up we will have 16 adults and 9 kids.

Told everyone to come around 3pm, aiming to have dinner at 6pm (bit early but helps out friends with young kids).

Then hopefully it won't be raining and we can light a fire outside to sit around sinking beers till the wee hours.

Sounds good to me.

We'll aim to get there a bit earlier if thats cool. Sort out all our gear and food and see what we can whip up with what we got.

Whats the kids age range.

Mine are farm kids, so most likely to cime back filthy.

They eat just about anything, but regardless, I get the "Dad...im hungry" every hr.

Shall grab some kids food...prob apples,manderins, water melon etc.... Im not really a chips & lollies dad...

shaunous said:
Sounds good to me.

We'll aim to get there a bit earlier if thats cool. Sort out all our gear and food and see what we can whip up with what we got.
Yep get here whenever you like, good to get all set up and plan when stuff needs to go in the oven/smoker etc.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Whats the kids age range.

Mine are farm kids, so most likely to cime back filthy.

They eat just about anything, but regardless, I get the "Dad...im hungry" every hr.

Shall grab some kids food...prob apples,manderins, water melon etc.... Im not really a chips & lollies dad...
My kids are 7 and 3, range of all of em will be 9 - 3. Most of them also farm kids, i was planning to fill them all up with homemade pizza in the arvo, fruit also an excellent idea.

Does a corny of cider count as a kid??

Kidding, I'm not bringing cider, better stick it beers I think :)

My Mrs likes cider :p

Tried a bottle of my swap beer last night, not really happy with how it turned out, the last American wheat I did was nicer. Hopefully improves once fully carbed.

Im trying one of mine tonight, first time i've used PET bottles and half of them arent solid as a rock, still squishy, been at 20*c for 2 weeks, i figured they would be as hard as a rock to squeeze them by now. Im hoping they come good or this isnt always the case with PET bottles that are carbonated. :(

Only bottled my swap beers on monday night,I fecken hate twist top longies...
Will give one a taste mid next week to see if they're a disaster or not :/
Sorry I didn't reply on the offers for picking up the smoker, it totally slipped my mind
Anyone still able to help out?

I'll also be bringing a bit of my faux-whiskey out, she's fairly smokey but not bad with coke

Dear Arghonaut (and other CRABs), if it isn’t too late, are you able to accommodate some ambassadors from the Kyogle Gentlemen Brewers?

At our meeting yesterday it was decided to send 2 representatives: Vice President (Western Chapter) aka Scott and; Sergeant at Arms, Headquarters Chapter (aka yours truly).

We are quiet, polite, old-fashioned, conservative and clean living. Our idea of excitement is to discuss the best form of insulation for our mash tuns and compare copper with stainless steel. Shaunous, Stu & Spork can vouch for our impeccable manners.

I bottled a milk stout on Sunday, so if it turns out drinkable I’d be happy to bring a dozen for swapping.
I can also bring some local bacon for a bacon-off as I find your claim that Bello bacon is the best somewhat surprising.

[SIZE=11pt]We are self-sufficient with swags etc.[/SIZE]

I'm happy for you to come as long as you keep it kid friendly :p
But srsly, if Arghonaut is happy to have y'all over I'm more than happy to vouch for you :)

I wouldnt trust the bloke with my daughter, but he brings one hell of a moustache to the table :D

Tasted my beer last night, still way under-carbed and not as good as the first IPA i entered into the Brew-Comp that this one was based off.

But it'll do you bastards :p

More than happy for you to join us!

Just kegged my house amber, should be ready for some tastings on the night :)

Look forward to the bacon showdown!

Back