CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Stu are u coming?
Brew Matt are u coming? Swapping?

Don't forget to bring a coupla extra brews for the host also guys.

I have some old mutton that would go alright smoked to lads.
This to go with the venison sausages. The goat and roo sausages have been eaten already because dad forgot to tell mum what they were and that they were mine, she cooked them thinking they were normal snags. Still deciding wether we need the duck I got a coupla weeks ago also. so leave me in charge of meat ey :)

Although I don't have any pork, and pork would have to be the first choice of meat to smoke.

I am there. Kids or no kids.

If your taking the trayback then kids will have to stay at god knows where...

I will see if I can get some whole ducks.

Bettrr bring some camp ovens boys

I've got a decent sized camp oven.

I'll be driving the Nissan, although the piece of crap threw up the engine warning light and after checking the Crankshaft Position Sensor it's had something rubbing on it, so something bad has happened and come amiss. I hate cars.

So kids are good Saun. Will give you a taste of the future :)

I have an oval camp oven.

Kids eat what everyone else eats. Including bacon & eggs cor breakfast.

I dunno what to bring now, you lads sound like you've got the meat sorted
Might grab a bunch of potatoes and sweet potatoes and chuck them in
Sweet potato, butter and brown sugar is amazing slow cooked in the smoker
Maybe some salads and junk too

I have home grown sweet potatoes.

You bring the potatoes and beer sp0rk ;)

Duck is good, one of my kids has a mammalian meat allergy, having something in there he can try will keep him happy.

I 'll put a few pizzas in the wood oven in the arvo to keep us going till dinner time.

When i get a chance i'll write up some directions and my contact details and pm them to you all.

Thats what i have to do for half my mates that come up from Sydney, they get lost too easy :p

Hmm Might get some pork too, can't do Xmas in July without pork!

Pork in the smoker would be best. I've done most meats, and nothing soaks up the smokey goodness like pork.

I'm only thinking, but I skinned my duck because I never had time to boil water to de-feather it. So the duck I have would really need to be slow cooked. I might leave my quack quack in the freezer.

How about we start a list of all coming, swapping and what each will bring?

I'll hit up my butcher about some pork, will see if he gets back to me with a decent price

Reply and edit as needed:

Coming (non swappers in brackets)
Argho (Plus wife, 2x kids, and 5 or so friends + family...possibly more :p)
sp0rk (plus wife?)
Shaunous
Stu
Eungai

Food:
Duck (stu)
Mutton + sausages (Shaunuos)
Sweet Potato (Shaunous)
Pork (sp0rk)
Potato (sp0rk)
Pizza (Argho)
Bacon for brekky (Argho - from the Bello butchery, best bacon)
Eggs for Brekky (Argho's chooks)

Beer:
Keg of amber ale (Argho)

I have fridge space for kegs, but no pouring facilities, i just have a single picnic tap for my one running off a soda stream, and they are pin lock disconnects.

Stu + kids ( possibly ) 7&9

might get 2 ducks, depending on availabilty & camp ovens. There farm raised and cheap.

Coming for the arvo. Swapping some form of ale. It might be american IPA from what I've since read.I see there's no chook on the food list. Happy to chip in even if I'm not round for dinner but who knows? If I'm too pissed to make it back and play...

Might need some camp ovens.

I have an oval one that fits a whole duck. But will need another one..

Unless we smoke/oven/something the other duck.

Back