CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaunous said:
Brew Matt, Are you coming to this Shin-Dig, would be a good place to drink all them Show beers you have left over ;)

I can bring cider in my porta keg set-up (If there is any left over from my 30th)

Which leads me to, If your doing nothing on the 14th June, your Welcome to come sit around a bondfire out at my farm, so far the wood is stacked to the size of about 2 shipping containers side by side, should keep us warm :p
Im there.

Might need some bourbon as well

You better invite the Koyogle crowd the the bonfire.

Could mean the difference between toasting marshmallows & singing kumbaya-my-lord or waking up next morning with a house full of cows, a bunch of scared mormons stuck up a tree and a note from the police saying that the tractor is ready to be picked up from the police station at Nymboida.

Scored a stack of ingredients from the occasional parrot yesterday. Amongst other things:

3kg Tettnang, 2.5kg Cluster, 2.5kg Hallertau, 2.2kg Northern brewer, 1.5kg Nelson Sauvin, 2kg PoR, 2.2kg Willamette and 2.7kg of a mystery hop labelled "K".

​Also a 25kg sack of Best malz dark caramel malt.

Way more than i need. Let me know if you want some of something and ill swap it for a bottle or two of your finest :p

Right-O gents.

I've been hunting and gathering all things exotic for us to feast on.

Duck (whole)

Below in the form of mixed sausages.
-Goat
-Old mutton
-Lamb
-Wild pig
-Home grown beef

No ones going hungry on the 5th/6th of July at Arghonauts farm, unless your a vegetarian :)

PM me about the ingredients you want to get rid of Arghonaut, I would probably take some.

Which level of "I best be getting my ass to that gathering" shall I not bother about.

Shaunus has in his " infinate stupidaty" offered me a "Coopers Mild" filled lift to said event.

I was going to drive my 1961 Morris Minor Ute to said event...but the better offer, and the reality of taking a decent swag , has made made the event almost plausable.

I'm taking my 2 room tent, so if anyone doesn't have a tent, they're welcome to sleep in the other room (or cuddle up to me ;) )
I may or may not snore/groan in my sleep...

Im taking my tiny swag that I got when I was 14yrs old, designed to be strapped to a horse saddle. There is definitely no room for cuddling :)

There will be plenty of room inside at this point unless there is a rapid increase in numbers :)

My swap beer is getting an extended crash chill at the moment because i fkn hate bottling and can't motivate myself to get around to it :p

Arghonaut said:
There will be plenty of room inside at this point unless there is a rapid increase in numbers :)
And in the morning......after Argonaut realises that it may not have been a wise move.....we promise to return all the farm animals next door.

shaunous said:
Im taking my tiny swag that I got when I was 14yrs old, designed to be strapped to a horse saddle. There is definitely no room for cuddling :)
You dont cuddle your horse..?

Arghonaut said:
My swap beer is getting an extended crash chill at the moment because i fkn hate bottling and can't motivate myself to get around to it :p
Good, im not the only one then :)

Ducatiboy stu said:
You dont cuddle your horse..?
Only if im the big spoon, no way i'd wanna wake up to a horse's appendage poking me in the back being the little spoon :p

Yet another for still not having bottled yet
Infact, I think I'm gonna have to go buy some PET longies to bottle my beer, I need my very few tallies for my upcoming belgian dark strong

I was thinking the same, don't want to give away my swing tops. Plus it means i can put it off till after I'm in Coffs next :p

Ducatiboy stu said:
And in the morning......after Argonaut realises that it may not have been a wise move.....we promise to return all the farm animals next door.
You'd just be saving the old man some hassle, our house cows are next door and he has to bring them over every morning to milk them :p

I got 15x Copper Tun PET bottles for $16 at the Grafton brew shop last week, sick of giving samples away and never getting the bottles back. Old mate couldnt find the correct price for them, but that'd be close anyway.

I have been looking for coke bottles for the giving away for taste testers type thing, but cant seem to come up with any from food wholesalers and the such

$16 for 15 bottles is still pretty good but i'd like em cheaper.

Yeah, ill see what they have in at Country Brewer, i probably have enough loyalty credit to cover it.

Ordered a 150 litre pot for my birthday....... wonder if my nasa burner can handle quad batches, might even get its maiden run on the swap weekend. Probably need to beef up the stand for it too.

We should do a collaborative brew day sometime and make a shedload of beer and use up some of the 18 kgs of hops i now i have in my fridge.

I bottled my IPA this arvo in a great rush before the outlaws turned up for dinner. It's definitely not as good as the one I've just polished off and entered into the Grafton Show that most of you liked (except the judges :) ) Hopefully it tastes better after a coupla weeks in the bottle, I did change the recipe when I promised myself I wouldn't.

Latest posts

Back