CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arghonaut said:
Scored a stack of ingredients from the occasional parrot yesterday. Amongst other things:

3kg Tettnang, 2.5kg Cluster, 2.5kg Hallertau, 2.2kg Northern brewer, 1.5kg Nelson Sauvin, 2kg PoR, 2.2kg Willamette and 2.7kg of a mystery hop labelled "K".

​Also a 25kg sack of Best malz dark caramel malt.

Way more than i need. Let me know if you want some of something and ill swap it for a bottle or two of your finest :p
I just went and picked up the rest of his grain (i'd say maybe 50kg of assorted dark malts and other odds and ends) for the princely sum of $10 :D
Anyone need a shitload of choc malt or roast barley?
I have a feeling I'll be pumping out quite a few batches of my choc porter....

I weighed the light crystal last night, there's around 20kg there and it's very crunchy so I'd guess it's pretty fresh
I don't think I'll be needing spec malt for a long time
Now just to stock up on base malt...

Let me know what excess you dont need sp0rk, i'll happily do questionable favours for ingredients ;)

I'm saying I have a large penis and you'll have to accommodate it if you want some of that grain

Haha.

What did you get all up spark? I'll swap you some hops and/or some of the dark caramel malt i got (which is actually more of a medium, 60-120 EBC) for a kg or so of light crystal and half a kg of choc.

I still haven't weighed all of it yet, I'll get round to it some time this week

So what time can you guys get here to kick things off? Eungai needs to leave at 5, want to try and kick things off at 3? Get in an arvo sesh, get the smoker going and meats cooking for a later dinner. I'll be here all day so happy for people to arrive any time.

Are you guys bringing a +1 or flying solo? Just trying to get an idea on numbers. At the moment its looking like about 4-5 swappers plus 4-5 extras.

I was thinking of inviting some non brewer friends who are keen on learning more.

Im bringing my big ugly hairy partner, HIS name is Ducati Stu.

Thinking of leaving around lunch time, depending on Stu.

I'm wanting to hit Sawtell Chilli Fest in the morning, so 3 sounds good
I've just realised I only have either my pathetic little motorbike or mrs sp0rk's little Mazda 121, both of which are too small to transport the smoker
Would anyone be willing to grab it from my place at Boambee East (just south of Coffs) for me please?
Will give you an extra couple of tallies of my finest for the favour
Mrs sp0rk will most likely be coming out, will confirm if she'll be there all night or not
I'll hit up Matt from Country Brewer to see if he's still coming or not, I'm pretty sure Courtney from Mother's Milk couldn't make it last time we spoke
Anyone heard from Brew Matt lately? not sure if he's coming or not

If Arghonaut cannot, I can sp0rk. Will be heading past with Stu anyway.

shaunous said:
Im bringing my big ugly hairy partner, HIS name is Ducati Stu.
Hope Linc can come. He can bring his little hairy partner.

Haha, would be great if he could. All 4 of us could squash in my car.

I bettrr check I dont have my kids that weekend...or we are going to need a bus

Back