CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skb said:
So is this case swap open to all ? Sorry noob here don't want to crash a private party you guys all seem to know each other...

The other thing is WTF is Bello all I can guess is that it is south of Grafton, but shit a lot of things are south of Grafton
If you're up this way, you're more than welcome
Bello = Bellingen, about 15 minutes south of Coffs Harbour

Either weekend is good. Bello not far up the road. I can contribute some tasty duck and/or chicken for the feed. Smoked duck legs sounds not bad at all.

I am up for the case swap too guys, any dates in July are fine for me at the moment. Just need to get a suitable brew on for then!
Shane

Hey lads, my joint is probably out for the case swap/meat-athon/piss-up for now. Will see closer to the date, but if Arghonaut's still keen to have it at his house in Bello, well maybe we lock it in there. I havnt been to Bello in many years, so would be good for a look around.

My place is still fine, lets choose a date, i reckon the 5th/6th, if someone can't make that date speak up otherwise lets lock it in so we can sort out numbers and details.

I am about 20 mins out of bello, 35 mins from Coffs, at the base of the dorrigo plateau backing onto national park. People are welcome to stay, depending on numbers that may be in a bed, on the couch, an airbed on the floor, or a tent!

Ill stack up a nice bonfire and have the wood fired oven fired up inside to keep us warm. I have two kids and my niece and nephew will also be there so feel free to bring the family.

5/6 works for me too (I think, I'll confirm)
Brewing my swap beer this weekend :)

How we going to work it, as we'll probably only be a small group, and I havent done case swaps before. Do we need a coupla tallies per swapper, or???

I'd say make enough for a case, which is 12
Worst case only 6 of us swap, that's enough for 2 tallies of each beer

I guess if y'all want, post what you're brewing so we don't all brew the same thing
I'm doing a British Bitter with EKG and Fuggles

Probably an Amarillo hopped pale ale. Its fermenting now and just my second AG brew, planning another with cascade but that might not make it in time.

Edit: might not make it in time

Overshot my mash in temp (miscalculated the strike temp), hop plugs blocked my pickup, only got out 18L into cube and I don't even know if it was still hot enough to pasteurise by the time I got it unblock and used my kaixin pump to get it in
Calling it now that I reckon I'll get my first infection...
What a shithouse brew day :(

Heh. Mine wasn't quite that bad, burner was playing up and couldn't hold a low setting without going out, ended up losing an extra 3 litres to evaporation as a result. Topped it up with filtered water, hopefully no dramas!

Well im doing an IPA-ish partial. I need to disassemble and fully clean my 3v rig and pump, and thats a few hours I wont have for a while.

Latest posts

Back