Coopers selling full kit & bits recipe packs with free postage.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the midnight mosaic recipe kit and am curious if I should use the yeast provided? There's 3 x7g packs with it so I'm just wondering how much of it I would use? Otherwise I do have a bry-97 and a Nottingham on hand. Thanks

It kinda disgusts me that buying an Australian owned and Australian made product your actually sending money overseas....Coopers is halal certified for there malt extracts...Havnt used them personally since i found this out.

PIty, they make some nice kits.

Cheers.

Bomber Watson said:
It kinda disgusts me that buying an Australian owned and Australian made product your actually sending money overseas....Coopers is halal certified for there malt extracts...Havnt used them personally since i found this out.

Cheers.
Cool story bro.
Must be really hard trying to not have your money go overseas. How do you buy clothes, cars, electronic equipment, yeast etc?

Bomber Watson said:

Cheers.
They make a lot of money selling Malt to candy companies. Would you like them deprived of this profit?

Bomber Watson said:
your actually sending money overseas
As opposed to keeping it all local with all that Australian produced oil, consumer electronics, computers, clothing, shoes, brewing kettles, furniture, etc. etc.?

Actually, what is hilarious is Coopers is the one Australian company you KNOW that their products are made here in Australia.

That they have a stamp saying their malt products are halal, what has that got to do with sending money overseas? Are you nuts? What are you even talking about?

So all those halal malts they export don't bring more money in?

Some whacky economics going on somewhere?

welly2 said:
That they have a stamp saying their malt products are halal, what has that got to do with sending money overseas? Are you nuts? What are you even talking about?
This is absolute gold, by the way.

Money gets paid to some Islamic council to certify that it is halal... It's a cost of business to the Islamic world ( obviously NOT for beer kits!). Welcome to the modern world and modern Australia..... shits changed and I suggest you get used to it because no one is getting sent "home".
Bomber Watson said:

Cheers.

Bomber Watson said:
This is absolute gold, by the way.
Feel free to enlighten me! How is the money getting sent overseas? Are they direct depositing money into terrorist bank accounts? I bet they are!

4KingAle said:
Money gets paid to some Islamic council to certify that it is halal... It's a cost of business to the Islamic world ( obviously NOT for beer kits!). Welcome to the modern world and modern Australia..... shits changed and I suggest you get used to it because no one is getting sent "home".
Beer kits are halal, because they contain no alcohol they are not classified as harem.

welly2 said:
Feel free to enlighten me! How is the money getting sent overseas? Are they direct depositing money into terrorist bank accounts? I bet they are!
Will pm you.

Cheers.

Halal stuff doesn't bother me if its is not an animal product and is actually exported. As for the animals...hmmm.. well there is a higher risk of cruelty that can creep into it, so to the Jewish practice of kosher is also a concern.

Anyway, the only similarity with beer is they are all practices that began long ago, except beer making has got with the times.

Had most of the ingredients at home, just popped down to the lhs to grab some grain.

Settled on some dark crystal after advice from the store owner. Will put this on tomorrow.

New ROTM out (2 actually including the 'craft brew' ROTM), introducing Coopers latest;

Lightning Strike! A summer (golden) ale made from the Canadian Blonde kit & hopped with EKG and Northern Brewer hops​

&​

Fluffaluffagus Pale Ale - A pale ale hopped with Falconers Flight (yum!), Northern Brewer & Warrior hops fermented on Safale S-33 (I notice that the 'craft' beer series don't get the generic coopers dry yeast).​
I gotta say I like the look of the pale ale better, I've used Falconers Flight twice before and haven't been disappointed yet, though I've never used Warrior or Northern Brewer. From what I have read they should bring some extra pine and even a touch of citrus to mix.

All in all - it reminds me that I need to brew another pale based on Falconers Flight :)

Wolfman1 said:
I did the grains last night, but be warned. My pack had 300g of chocolate malt instead of 200g as per recipe and label. Ive but the spare away for a rainy day as 600g already seemed like a lot.
They are a lovely little snack though
The rainy day has arrived!
I'm putting a stout down tonight and drew a blank with the chocolate malt at the lhbs. I was making dinner and all of a sudden remember this was in the cupboard.
Cracker.
Should go well with the oatmeal and the rest of the kit.

New ROTM out... and already out of stock!

Beer O'Clock Session IPA - A cooper pale tin, 1kg of dry malt then a handful of Nelson Sauvin, Galaxy and Bravo hops. Looks pretty tasty for all it's worth since they've already sold out.

Latest posts

Back