Coopers selling full kit & bits recipe packs with free postage.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red Rattler looks good - I love williamette hops in any amber or darker style. I use them in a JS Jack of Spades Porter clone which turns out great.

Coopers have come up with some great recipes - I've made the Cheeky Cherub a few times now, both as the original Golden ale and even modified into a Pale. Such a good hop combo, it's halfway between a Fat Yak and a Little Creatures Pale IMHO.

The Midnight Mosaic hop combo is pretty punchy too :beerbang:

I've gotten the red rattler pack but will probably hop it up a little. Should be ready for winter malty beerness

Holy Abbot, that it a lot of fermentables! Those Belgian styles can really know you on your ass if you're not careful...

Does anyone else think that its funny the coopers kits are posted from qld.

I would have thought it would come from regency park.

i was hoping to have this by the end of the week. now it'll be early next week before i get brewing again.

Maybe the abbey strain is made for higher gravity beers... even so 11g of yeast does seem a bit light on for this recipe.

Well they only include 7 grams in a normal kit beer. Maybe they like to pitch at this rate and stress the yeast to impart more flavor. I'm sure they have very smart people working for them that know the science behind it all.

Looks like a nice beer, would be wonderful if you could keep it hidden for Nov/Dec! Personally I would use an extra yeast packet, always good to keep your hard working yeast happy

There are a lot of great recipes on their site which I have done a few now, hence this is why I'm finding it so hard :unsure: making the full transition to AG/ BIAB.

Stuff ordered from Coopers due to free delivery is no longer rapid for us Adelaide clients. Just discovered that they have transferred their home brew gear to a warehouse in Burwood, Qld. (3 weeks ago).
QLD gain, SA more job losses I suppose.

Trying the first red rattler after two weeks in the bottle. Supremely uninteresting.
Hopefully the maltiness will develop with a bit of time.
Anyone else tried there's?

I normally do AG these days however I keep an eye on the ROTM as bottle fillers or to experiment with different recipes. I'm tempted to have a go at "Tsar's Tar" and stash it away until winter 2016. Hmmm need to make up my mind before they sell out. Price seems pretty as well...

Latest posts

Back