Coles And Bi-lo Delete Home Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all a big

<<<SNIP>>>*

It would be interesting to see Wallmart introduce a couple of hypermarkets here (just as an anthropological study you understand). That would really shake things your Coles and Woolies up!! And probably/ultimately your farmers...

*Bit of self preservation moderation...

Andy, what's the "you" thing? Don't tell me they are revoking your visa . Noooooooooooooooooo
Eyup, come to t'dark side and become a true Colonial like me :rolleyes: Tha wain't regret it.

I sent an email to Coles... It was handy place to get my caps and LME and I am annoyed that they are removing Coopers stuff. Here is their reply:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the availability of Coopers Home Brew at Coles.

We regret to learn of your disappointment with our decision to no longer range this product and would like to extend our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused as a result.

The decision to remove this product was not one made lightly. Our Merchandise Team is constantly reviewing our product range to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers.

When selecting our merchandise, previous sales history and customer demand are assessed. This includes obtaining the right balance between Proprietary brands and Coles brand products. Every product, no matter what brand, has to earn the right to remain on our shelves.

We set financial hurdles for Coles brand products as well as Proprietary products. Should the product not meet these hurdles, it is removed from sale. This rationale allows us to deliver innovation and increase space to categories with large sales growth.

As a result of our assessment, the complete product range of Home Brew products, not just the Cooper brand, has been removed from most Coles and Bi-Lo stores. There are some stores however, where the customer demand for this range is high and will remain on the shelves.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comments have been referred to our Merchandise Team for their consideration and information.

Yours Sincerely
Rima Rustom
Customer Care

Dear mate,

Thank you for taking the time to write, I'm pleased you can did. I'm proud to announce we're constantly in a fantastic position to offer you whatever the shit we want, unless it doesn't make as much as our shareholders dictate. For instance, it would be far too costly, let alone unAustralian, to start pandering to all the wogs and boat people that seem to be bothering our 1950's white Methodist demographic these days, you should be ******* grateful you can buy a hot chicken lovingly nurtured in our intensive farm - and I'll tell you how good they are mate, Woolies sell the same shit... Anyway, funny you mention home brew, I strongly believe at base level, it just comes down to regenerated incremental processing and taking into account our exploratory research points to ambient asset flexibility and factoring in a more contemporary reimagining of our integrated modular contingencies... get to **** piss boy. We have a store in Footscray, perhaps you could move there, our investigations suggest we might even start selling crack there...

Local regards,

Y'ou Rstuffed.

We Own Australia SuperMarkets (cause you don't know any different...).

Wesmarkets Inc (oh and maybe we've got a financial interest in all those odd little Malls in the suburbs that have a Realty, a Bottle shop (affiliated), a Loot (or at least a weird hippy shop), a discount shop that sells usefully sized plastic containers, a veggie shop (odd affiliation to the local super market...), a news agent (that looks like all the other news agents), a hair architect and maybe a couple of Chinese cafe's that sell weird coloured sausages and Yum Cha - whatever that is - and day old chips, oh and bless our OP shops,

...meh, second half of the Engerland game, suspend rant...

Dear mate,

Thank you for taking the time to write, I'm pleased you can did. I'm proud to announce we're constantly in a fantastic position to offer you whatever the shit we want, unless it doesn't make as much as our shareholders dictate. For instance, it would be far too costly, let alone unAustralian, to start pandering to all the wogs and boat people that seem to be bothering our 1950's white Methodist demographic these days, you should be ******* grateful you can buy a hot chicken lovingly nurtured in our intensive farm - and I'll tell you how good they are mate, Woolies sell the same shit... Anyway, funny you mention home brew, I strongly believe at base level, it just comes down to regenerated incremental processing and taking into account our exploratory research points to ambient asset flexibility and factoring in a more contemporary reimagining of our integrated modular contingencies... get to **** piss boy. We have a store in Footscray, perhaps you could move there, our investigations suggest we might even start selling crack there...

Local regards,

Y'ou Rstuffed.

We Own Australia SuperMarkets (cause you don't know any different...).

Wesmarkets Inc (oh and maybe we've got a financial interest in all those odd little Malls in the suburbs that have a Realty, a Bottle shop (affiliated), a Loot (or at least a weird hippy shop), a discount shop that sells usefully sized plastic containers, a veggie shop (odd affiliation to the local super market...), a news agent (that looks like all the other news agents), a hair architect and maybe a couple of Chinese cafe's that sell weird coloured sausages and Yum Cha - whatever that is - and day old chips, oh and bless our OP shops,

...meh, second half of the Engerland game, suspend rant...

^Official letter. How did you get a hold of the file template?

Let's put it this way, if I lived in Brunswick I would do exactly the same as you. Where I'm living at the moment there's no real alternatives.

Of course. Like I said I get the different reasons people shop there and make no claims as to their intelligence levels for doing so (meaning I don't judge them as ignorant or anything remotely connected) I do still buy various things from Safeway and Coles myself - just prefer to utilise the alternatives as much as possible. If you have no alternatives then...........................

If you have no alternatives!

There's the rub!

Any town in the UK will have an Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Co-operative Food, Somerfield, Marks & Spencer, Waitrose, Aldi, Lidl, Netto, Quality Save, Farmfoods, Iceland, Best-One, Budgen, Costcutter, Londis, Mace, McColl's, Nisa-Today, Premier Stores, & SPAR. In cities you get ALL of them.
- hey, there's even a PAK-Supermarket (for just about anything Asian that Tesco's or Asda doesn't stock!), then there are the Independent grocers where you can poke around for just about anything...
Granted there are more people in the UK and I shouldn't be comparing, it was just a bit of a culture shock walking into, well just about anywhere, and seeing the same few products!

I have seen changes though, in the short 18 months I've been here, there's a little more choice!

I sent an email to Coles... It was handy place to get my caps and LME and I am annoyed that they are removing Coopers stuff. Here is their reply

Interesting. I wrote to customer care earlier this week and so have a couple of buddies. Looks like Rima and her friends haven't got to mine.

I guess they're too busy burning great Aussie companies like Coopers at the stake and dancing around the ashes.

Hopper.

Interesting. I wrote to customer care earlier this week and so have a couple of buddies. Looks like Rima and her friends haven't got to mine.

I guess they're too busy burning great Aussie companies like Coopers at the stake and dancing around the ashes.

Hopper.
I also sent an email, & had a reply from Reamer Rimjob. I'd say it was the same email draft for every product they bin.

Hey Scruffy, re your list of Pommy grocery retailers, I'm glad to see that Nisa are still going, my Dad and I used to get tanked on Nisa Lager which was brewed in the Netherlands (Prolly by Bavaria) at around 30 pence a can :party:

Hopper.

It would surprise me, I also write and got an identical response as that posted above. Word for word. I figured they just auto mailed it to everyone who question them.

Im pretty sure last time I was in the homebrew section at Coles I saw they had their own brand can kit (I could be wrong though)
Does'nt effect me, except that they are handy for crown seals.

:icon_offtopic:

I actually shop at Coles for staples as well, refuse to shop at woolies, as they bought an Iconic Perth venue and shut it down to extend its bottle shop, and later bought the sail and anchor and shut down its onsight brewing operations... but thats an issue for another thread :p

have been to a few coles stores this week..some of there lines have been reduced to clear..

Not in my local Coles still got most Coopers and others at normal price.

coles and bilo here is empty and still full price. have kits no dextrose or malt have few boxes of be1 and 2 on shelfs thats it no reduced prices yet. pissed me off as was short 500g dextrose and 200g malt last sunday and nothing so have to go out of my way to get stuff or order online and get delivered. Was good when i was just short as i new instead of buying a extra 1kg malt i could go there and get 500g to top up

Possibly good news for NSW home brewers, Franklins chain has been sold to Metcash and all the stores are going to be sold off as IGA stores. Apparently existing IGA owners are queuing up to snap them up. Supa IGAs usually have a good HB section, the one on Bribie here is better than Woolies and even stocks boxes of PET etc.
So that's 80 plus stores on the way, which should make a dent in things.

Here in QLD there's an IGA on every corner, they aren't strong in NSW but that's changing right now.

Edit: you'll get one at Mayfield, N'stle

Just about out here in Nowra.....
Brewing been taken over by Kitchen Stuff..
Still full price....But not much left....
Cheers
PJ

Carlo Coles has reduced to clear stickers up on a few of their products. Anyone keen on Coles Brand for $6? Otherwise it wasn't really worth it.

the 3 stores near me ..housebrand,selected coopers products even the kmart near me has the malt/BE reduced and drops..

Latest posts

Back